Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang,

I finally jumped into OC and hit quick success between the guide and the premade EFI's with quick success thanks to all the clover experience and of course, the pre-made EFI for my board.

The ONLY thing I cannot get to show, and I tried at least 10 iterations, is for the OSX WiFi/BT card to show properly. I know this is mostly cosmetic but I want to learn properly so hoping to get some clarification.

Attached is a shot of my config my SSDT-EXTRA's with the edits made to match my KGP SSDT as close as possible. I played with DTGP, and GPRW, and changed the PCI Root (0x.... to match the acpi path from ioreg (screenshot attached) and nothing ever changed.
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 3.55.26 PM.png

I have the card in slot 3.

Lastly, I was just curious about two things:
- Are most of you using 'ShowPicker'? I don't think there's a purpose for anything fancy like the clover screens but wanted to see if anyone has anything better than a tiny font in the corner of the screen.
- Updating OC (I know it's still in it's infancy but curious what the perspective is).

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• SSDT-EXTRA.aml
    199 bytes · Views: 51
  • SSDT-EXTRA GPRW.aml
    196 bytes · Views: 58
Hello All!

Getting into OC and feeling a little intimidated. I've always struggled with modifying DSDT or SSDT protocol. Everywhere I look I still am having a hard time figuring out "what is what" in my ACPI tables. I'm using a different motherboard than the provided EFIs here (ASrock X299 OC Formula). I can use the ASUS SAGE EFI as a base but I know I need to change some things to get it working properly.

I saw that KGP had a basic guide on How to create or modify a simple System SSDT.aml by means of DSDT and IOREG ACPI information. However, his website is down (permanently it looks like). I was able to find a version of it using web archives and thought I'd post it here. It was helpful for me to understand it a little better.

So here is my setup

I am a motion graphics artist and use the GPUs for 3D rendering. MacOS>Windows haha

Clover Bootloader
High Sierra 17G10021 Newest as of 1/10/20
ASrock X299 OC Formula
Intel 9900X
64GB Corsair RGB Vengence Pro
GTX 1080ti in PCIe SLOT-1
GTX 1080ti in PCIe SLOT-3
GTX 1080ti in PCIe SLOT-5
Fenvi T919 in PCIe SLOT-7
Samsung EVO 970 500GB NVME in SLOT M2_1

MACIASL is only showing 5 PCIe slots I think (screenshot attached)
CPUs are mapped weird it think (screenshot attached)
2 of the GRFX cards are thinking they are connected to the same PCIe slot maybe (screenshot attached)

I'm looking for help in the right direction. I know I can do the work, it just hasn't clicked in my head yet. :)

If anyone is wanting to take a crack at it, I can provide a RAW DSDT.aml or anything else you might need. Thank you and I love this community.

Also, I have a CUDA issue that causes random reboots on my machine. Only CUDA, the web drivers are fine. The only way to stop it temporarily is to unload CUDA (per a script) when working day to day and then loading CUDA when I need to use it. Once it's loaded, my computer is unstable and will crash sometimes. Hoping OpenCore might help with everything in order.

Attachments

• GRX Same Slot.png
    GRX Same Slot.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CPUS.png
    CPUS.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PCIe Slots.png
    PCIe Slots.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 56
  • X299 OC Formula.jpg
    X299 OC Formula.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 54
  • How to create or modify a simple System SSDT.aml by means of DSDT and IOREG ACPI information –...pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,773
@jaraheel Did you ever get a fully working setup for the Rampage VI Extreme?
I actually did and it works perfectly! I would post my EFI folder shortly as right now I’m struggling with getting the system to boot to desktop and not black screen with an rx 5700 xt

@jaraheel Awesome, I look forward to comparing our EFI's. I finally got my system working super well. It was random rebooting, but once I turned off XMP and removed all overclocking it became solid. I will be SLOWLY trying to get some of my speed back. I was surprised how sensitive macOS seems to be regarding both overclocking and XMP. Especially as my setup is rock solid under severe load in Windows 10. I am assuming you are on Catalina as you are trying to use the RX 5700 XT?

I actually did and it works perfectly! I would post my EFI folder shortly as right now I’m struggling with getting the system to boot to desktop and not black screen with an rx 5700 xt

Add agdpmod=pikera to bootargs

@jaraheel Awesome, I look forward to comparing our EFI's. I finally got my system working super well. It was random rebooting, but once I turned off XMP and removed all overclocking it became solid. I will be SLOWLY trying to get some of my speed back. I was surprised how sensitive macOS seems to be regarding both overclocking and XMP. Especially as my setup is rock solid under severe load in Windows 10. I am assuming you are on Catalina as you are trying to use the RX 5700 XT?
Here you go. It works perfectly with Sapphire's RX 580 Pulse. Some of the serials have been removed which you can get from OpenCore configurator

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 87
Add agdpmod=pikera to bootargs
Yeah I did just that. Thanks. While it boots up now, but the audio via displayPort when viewing say YouTube videos has static in it. Is there a solution for that?

Yeah I did just that. Thanks. While it boots up now, but the audio via displayPort when viewing say YouTube videos has static in it. Is there a solution for that?

Disable Serial Port (COM), in bios
solves the issue for some people, including me.

@jaraheel What is working in your EFI ( Audio, Ethernet, Sleep, Wifi, Bluetooth )
Currently, I have Bluetooth, Audio (* I think I haven't tested headphone port), Ethernet. I have not tried to get sleep to work, when I tried it the screens went black, but the system didn't go down into a sleep state, clicking brought the screens and the login window back.

@jaraheel What is working in your EFI ( Audio, Ethernet, Sleep, Wifi, Bluetooth )
Currently, I have Bluetooth, Audio (* I think I haven't tested headphone port), Ethernet. I have not tried to get sleep to work, when I tried it the screens went black, but the system didn't go down into a sleep state, clicking brought the screens and the login window back.
Audio, Ethernet are working. The built in WiFi and Bluetooth I couldn’t find kexts for macOS, so I use TP-Link T9E and a Bluetooth USB dongle. Sleep wake I don’t use much as my system is in use for my work (I do numerical optimization, so I run long simulations). However what little I tested, I had to re-enter my password for iCloud after waking up.

Other than that, FaceTime, Messenger, AirDrop, Handsoff, etc., are working (with the dongle and WiFi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back