Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was troubleshooting other things and going through kgps excellent thread and stumbled on this more (link). It doesn't crash the system - It just means that no XHCI controllers are to be found.

Something strange happened in PCI device enumeration. The device must be missing from MCFG table.

I can’t managed to get a custom order of the boot entries in the OC picker. I have followed the documentation AFAIK, and also tried to choose startup disk in macOS, but, if I don’t pick anything in OC picker, my Windows drive is booting up.

Also tested my NVRAM according to documentation, and it works.
Anyone got any clues?

I can’t managed to get a custom order of the boot entries in the OC picker. I have followed the documentation AFAIK, and also tried to choose startup disk in macOS, but, if I don’t pick anything in OC picker, my Windows drive is booting up.

Also tested my NVRAM according to documentation, and it works.
Anyone got any clues

To get that to work, you may have to "bless" the drive you want to default boot from. Check the documentation - you may have to hard code it in your config.plist. You shouldn't have to, but OpenCore is still in beta and is still under development....so some features work better than others.....

@shael

Is sleep/wake working for you on X299-deluxe? Even with Thunderbolt devices connected? Is there anything that’s not working?

Last edited:
@jaraheel Did you ever get a fully working setup for the Rampage VI Extreme?

Just briefly: Over this last weekend I upgraded to the WS Sage CEB, which is a lower cost Sage that doesn't have the 10G cards/chips on it. I don't need them, so why pay an additional $200 for something I don't need?

Is sleep working? Is something not working? I am thinking of upgrading to a Sage, but want to know that everything works smoothly before =)

Is it really just the lan chips that differs from the 10g?

Thanks!

Is sleep working? Is something not working? I am thinking of upgrading to a Sage, but want to know that everything works smoothly before =)

Is it really just the lan chips that differs from the 10g?

Thanks!

I have no idea as to what is different between the two. How would I? I only have the Sage. You'll have to check with some others or call Asus....and no, I don't post my EFI anymore.

no, I don't post my EFI anymore.
I see, i edited my post and removed the question about efi since i read your no posting efi, just after asking.

Still, my other question was: Have you gotten wake/sleep work properly with your current board? Is something not working?

Sleep seems fine. Most everything works - I haven't done a complete check of every function on the board, but most everything I use seems to work.

BTW, to all who've had audio distortion/dropout issues on web/youtube, etc., my problem got solved thanks to @Beskone and his advice to disable Serial Port in BIOS. All audio is working great now. So try that before struggling with SSDT and bitrate changes.

Have a good weekend guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back