Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is no diff between my EFI and the one from flmmkr @Ellybz. Except he has 3 ACPI aml and I
have these splittet. (Sorry for bad English).

Whatever, mine is working fine.

The OpenCore developers have said repeatedly to not put ACPI patches in the config.plist. Try downloading my EFI again. There was an issue, but it should be good now and you won't have to deal with removing the ACPI patches yourself.

Last edited:
It's possible to have them combined but I like to keep them separated; it seems easier & faster to spot potential issues in case they arise.
I even tried an old combo SSDT that kgp created for the Prime X299 Deluxe and that would not work under Clover or OpenCore anymore. Did something change where there's a limit to the size of an SSDT or something?

Did you guys see that? Less options in the System Pref/Energy Saver with OpenCore. (2nd screenshot )
Edit: As it seems, @pastrychef & other users also reported this change on another site.

View attachment 422431View attachment 422432
You're doing it wrong.

Working fine here... Make sure to properly populate the DataHub, PlatformNVRAM, and SMBIOS sections under PlatformInfo and not just use Generic.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 5.06.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Working fine here... Make sure to properly populate the DataHub, PlatformNVRAM, and SMBIOS sections under PlatformInfo and not just use Generic.

View attachment 422473
They are all populated. Are you using OpenCore 004 or 005?
What happened to your timer for computer sleep?

Last edited:
Did you guys see that? Less options in the System Pref/Energy Saver with OpenCore. (2nd screenshot )
Edit: As it seems, @pastrychef & other users also reported this change on another site.

View attachment 422431View attachment 422432
I found the issue. There are 2 different CPU PM out there. I had tried the one that you guys are using, but it would give me random freezes on wake from Sleep in Catalina. That's why I used the one from Piker Alpha. If I switch my SSDT CPUPM with yours ( named Plug ) this is what I get ( screenshot ). Issue resolved - Kinda. Still using mine. No random freeze, sleep is flawless & I have a timer for computer sleep.

EDIT:
Main reason why You should use SSDT CPUPM vs SSDT Plug:

PLUG SSDT -> Number of Frequency Steps: 3
CPU PM SSDT -> Number of Frequency Steps:7

PLUG SSDT: No timer on computer Sleep.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 4.03.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 4.03.25 PM.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
EDIT: It seems I was able to fix this by switching the BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts to a different version. So far BT is working in both Mojave and Catalina with OC.
You mean you used the actual version I posted (I read your post on insanelymac) ;)

Last edited:
You mean you used the actual version I posted (I read your post on insanelymac) ;)
Yes, but I got both versions from that thread. The one that didn’t work was 2.7-something or other. Both folders were named with “Catalina” after decompressing.

Yes, but I got both versions from that thread. The one that didn’t work was 2.7-something or other. Both folders were named with “Catalina” after decompressing.
Perhaps it was one of the earlier releases which didn't contain the PID/VID of your hardware.

EDIT 8/20/2019: Updated with a new SSDT for CPU Plugin Type power management and a couple other changes.

Here is an EFI for Asus Prime X299 Deluxe with OpenCore 0.0.4.

Notes:
1. If you don't have an i9-7900X don't forget to modify TSCAdjustReset.kext for your CPU. You may also need a different CPUPluginType SSDT for full CPU power management.
2. This assumes a Radeon VII is in slot PCIEX16_1. If your Radeon VII is in a different slot you'll need to modify SSDT-PrimeX299Deluxe-RadeonVII-WEG.aml. If you have a different GPU you'll need to replace PrimeX299Deluxe-RadeonVII-WEG.aml with a different appropriate SSDT for your GPU and modify config.plist accordingly.
3. This assumes your Thunderbolt 3 card (I have a GC-Titan Ridge) is in slot PCIEX16_4. If your TB3 card is in a different slot you'll need to modify SSDT-PrimeX299Deluxe-Thunderbolt3.aml, or remove the SSDT from the ACPI folder and the config.plist if you're not using a TB card.
4. USB ports disabled: internal USB 3.0 header U31G1_34 and external USB 2.0 port #12 (closest to the board). You'll need to modify PrimeX299DeluxeUSB15ports.kext if you desire a different USB port configuration.
5. Don't forget to enter your SN, SUUID, MLB, and ROM into the config.plist (under PlatformInfo/Generic).

Thanks go more to others than myself for helping me get this far (kgp, Ellybz, apfelnico, izo1, shael, et al). Thank you all.

Are you experiencing scratchy audio with the Radeon VII? You seem to have a rig very similar to mine (Radeon VII, Asus Prime Deluxe, etc). If you ever did experience this audio issue, did you do some method to correct it? Or are you just living with it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back