Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you mine ( X299 Gigabyte ) in a few days. Still tweaking the last patches -> SSDTs
RE: Btw you still left your UUID in your CPU SSDT. ( I'm using instead the one attached that works just as good with 7 speed steps )

thanks but that’s not my UUID :lol:

I added a new generic EFI that should work for all ASUS x299 motherboards (X299 ROG users will have to change the layout-id in SSDT-HDEF and DeviceProperties):
and created a EFI with just the specific properties for the sage/10G:

Hopefully this way we can have some sort of standardization for ASUS boards and people can just add board specific properties and PCI devices separately.

Mine was pretty similar to yours already but made some changes:

SSDT changes from yours
- SSDT-ANS: Added proper paths for the two NVME ports (excluding the U.2 port)
- SSDT-ETH: Added proper paths for the X550-AT2 ports since Sage/10G doesn't have ETH0
- SSDT-HDEF: Fixed since wasn't loading onboard audio
- SSDT-XHC: Fixed paths and controllers.

I also kept Generic under PlatformInfo in case you want to use Automatic. Seems to add the missing Memory section in About This Mac but the Processor name is unknown. I'm using Generic since that's just cosmetic.
Added some missing devices under Device Properties

View attachment 422184

thanks.I think a folder with validated efis for specific boards is a good idea and then a generic setup efi too.
I’ll post v2 of mine as soon as it’s ready.

btw are you on discord we’re trying to expedite efi fixes so we can post and help here. Let me know.

I could provide my EFI with SSDTs for the X299 Prime Deluxe (most work was done by @Ellybz), but how do I check to verify that the SSDTs are correct or not?

I could provide my EFI with SSDTs for the X299 Prime Deluxe, but how do I check to verify that the SSDTs are correct or not?
I would love that as an opportunity to intro and learn OC!

I could provide my EFI with SSDTs for the X299 Prime Deluxe (most work was done by @Ellybz), but how do I check to verify that the SSDTs are correct or not?
As I mentioned to you in my first post giving your EFI, I did not check SSDTs nor USB Kext. ( IOReg is needed ), it takes some time to verify path /functionality and if each SSDT (or patch ) is needed or loads properly. I'm still cleaning up my EFI to make it as native as possible, doing so by removing or replacing ACPI patch by SSDT, one by one...Most people just copy & paste, i don't like to do that. It's time consuming, but it's the best way I found to avoid errors & nightmares to troubleshoot, in the long run. Everything works well on my system, sleep, speedstep. etc..but I still have 4 ACPI patches that I want to get rid of...I might be able to help you, but not immediately as I'm busy with work.
Edit: Did you resolve your USB Power issues?

Last edited:
As I mentioned to you in my first post giving your EFI, I did not check SSDTs nor USB Kext. ( IOReg is needed ), it takes some time to verify path /functionality and if each SSDT (or patch ) is needed or loads properly. I'm still cleaning up my EFI to make it as native as possible, doing so by removing or replacing ACPI patch by SSDT, one by one...Most people just copy & paste, i don't like to do that. It's time consuming, but it's the best way I found to avoid errors & nightmares to troubleshoot, in the long run. Everything works well on my system, sleep, speedstep. etc..but I still have 4 ACPI patches that I want to get rid of...I might be able to help you, but not immediately as I'm busy with work.
Edit: Did you resolve your USB Power issues?

If there’s a guide or tutorial somewhere that explains how to check the path and functionality of each SSDTS I can go through them myself. I’m happy to do the work, I just don’t know how. I appreciate your help and I know we all have busy lives so I’m not asking for someone to check them all for me.

Yes, BT and USB power issues are fixed. Everything seems to be running perfectly. The only thing I know that appears to be wrong is CPU shows as 3.3 GHz Unknown in About This Mac. I assume that is only cosmetic though.

The only thing I know that appears to be wrong is CPU shows as 3.3 GHz Unknown in About This Mac. I assume that is only cosmetic though.
Yes, it is only cosmetic. I’d not worry too much about altering it.

OpenCore + VirtualSMC is more stable than Clover + FakeSMC

but iStat Menus cannot show the correct CPU information such like core numbers / each cores frequency....

HWMonitorSMC2 can show the correct cores but it cannot show each cores fequency.

any solution?

OpenCore + VirtualSMC is more stable than Clover + FakeSMC

but iStat Menus cannot show the correct CPU information such like core numbers / each cores frequency....

HWMonitorSMC2 can show the correct cores but it cannot show each cores fequency.

any solution?

Its related to iStat. Worth emailing them.

18c shows 10c here and GPU Die does not show up.

However using Valley benchmark I Can see GPU temp (not sure if it's hot spot or gpu die)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back