Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey !

I wanted to update editing station from Mojave to Catalina and from Clover to Opencore and I have a workable computer but there is still some issues. Here is my config :

MotherBoard : Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Pro (Bios F4h)

CPU : Intel i9-7920X

GPU 1 : Sapphire RX Vega 56

GPU 2 : Sapphire 5700XT

RAM : 4x 16Gb Corsair 3200 Mhz

SSD : QVO 2Tb

Wifi : Broadcom brcm43xx

My main issue is the wifi, I have very slow speed (around 2Mbps with speedtest) and I don't know why. My second issue is that sometimes I have the "startimage fail" issue. I read it can be DevirtualiseMmio but it is already True in my config..

You can find my EFI folder below

Thank you for your help !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 109
So I was able to get through the whole install with that EFI, but I'm having other issues now..

The system will randomly shut down without leaving any logs.
It seems to only happen when the system is under some light-medium load. If it's just idling, it will sit for an hour without issue.

If I run a geekbench CPU test, it will shut down halfway through. My CPU temps seem ok while running the benchmark.

Does anyone have a clue as to what it could be?
Running X299 Prime Deluxe II, i9-10980XE, Gigabye RX 5700 XT, Opencore/BigSur.
My bios settings are 100% copied from this thread.
computerdewd,

Did you ever get this working?
Debating on starting a new build with almost this exact setup.

computerdewd,

Did you ever get this working?
Debating on starting a new build with almost this exact setup.
Try using a larger AVX and/or AVX512 offset. Not sure why, but my 7980XE became way more stable in macos. It was never a problem in windows or Linux. Weird.

Hello everyone, I have a little problem, I need to disable SIP in OpenCore with 11.5 Beta, on a real Mac, just boot into recovery and use csrutil disable, in clover, RTVariables-CsrActivateConfig, changing 0x00 to 0x67, but in OC I'm not able, I have read the Dortania guide and followed in their footsteps but no results, I have searched in google and used other numbers apart from the numbers suggested by the Dortania guide, without results :banghead:. It would be helpful if someone could "enlighten me on the right path" ... o_O

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.7 KB · Views: 91
I finally got my mobo working by follow this usb mapping guideline:

USB Mapping

Monterey_OK.jpg

I have spent 4 days ... any luck you got so far. i have the exact same specs as yours.

Been trying to get a new rig up and running for a few days now, I'm stuck..
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i9-10980XE, RX 5700 XT. Big Sur with OpenCore 0.6.5. Bios version 3105.

Does anyone have a working EFI for the ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II?

I've gotten to the installer, and around the "12 minutes remaining" mark, the system shuts down.
When I boot back up, the internal drive is listed. Booting to that drive gives me an apple logo with "29 minutes remaining". Once it reaches ~24 minutes remaining, it shuts down again.

I have attached my config, the last log, and a screenshot of my EFI. I followed all BIOS settings from this thread.

If anyone has any ideas, please do let me know! My head has been spinning for 3 days now.

Last edited:
Hello I'm trying to update a client Hackintosh from clover with Catalina to OpenCore with Monterey
The issue seems to be the CPU : i9 9820X
Is there any info about this CPU and Opencore
With Clover I used PatchAPIC fix ...
I can't reach the webpage referred there https://github.com/dortania/Getting...10ae7e896ab0140d9bcd203206bda568711b29c2c2b5b
Thanks in advance
here is my EFI ... it's not sanitised (generic SN)
If some can have look and see any trouble.
I'll test it next week on another Hack with the same MoBo and good old i9 7940X ;)
Thanks

Attachments

• X299 UD4 PRO OC079 MacOS 12.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back