Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven’t, I would get a compatible WiFi/bt pcie card for handoff and airdrop, etc. Since the Sage does not have any internal usb 2 ports, I have some options listed in post 1.
For SMBIOS info you can either use GenSMBIOS or clover configurator. Do not use Open Core configurator to modify your config.plist since OpenCore is still in beta and things are changing constantly.

The thunderbolt card has to be plugged in to slot 2 on the sage.
If you look at kgps thread, he has instructions to get it working.

If you want to go a step further and flash your card with custom firmware, it’ll behave more like a Mac and support thunderbolt bus and local node. You can look in CaseySJ’s z390 designaire thread for more info.
Note flashing isn’t for everyone so if the regular kgp ssdt approach works for you and don’t need the extra functionality I wouldn’t flash.

I currently have two titan ridge cards in my hack with custom firmware
As you know, I am still having trouble getting un-flashed success in MacOS with my Titan-Ridge card, so I assume I should make it work this way before considering flashing it with custom firmware. OR, is flashing the firmware make seeing the card on MacOS easier?

If I was considering flashing later, is it something that I can do from within windows or MacOS, or is it something you need special equipment to perform? (CaseySJ’s z390 designaire thread's really hard to track how to do the flashing for me!). I am asking you, @djlild7hina, as you said that you have two TB3s with custom firmware in your system, and there are a couple of TB3 hardware devices I would like to use in my Hack. If you have any shortcuts here, please let me know.

@djlild7hina, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR GENEROUS HELP SO FAR!

As you know, I am still having trouble getting un-flashed success in MacOS with my Titan-Ridge card, so I assume I should make it work this way before considering flashing it with custom firmware. OR, is flashing the firmware make seeing the card on MacOS easier?

If I was considering flashing later, is it something that I can do from within windows or MacOS, or is it something you need special equipment to perform? (CaseySJ’s z390 designaire thread's really hard to track how to do the flashing for me!). I am asking you, @djlild7hina, as you said that you have two TB3s with custom firmware in your system, and there are a couple of TB3 hardware devices I would like to use in my Hack. If you have any shortcuts here, please let me know.

AND, also, I have some strange behavior from my WiFi card...It is installed, but it will not turn on in the network settings, it seems. And then in another place it looks like it simultaneously will not turn off. No WiFI functionality, and there are at least 3 wireless routers within range. The connected Bluetooth chip seems to work fine. The PCI Card is the Fenvi FV-T919. Here are some screen shots of relevant info:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.44.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.44.10 PM.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 1.02.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 1.02.31 PM.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.45.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.45.14 PM.png
    276.4 KB · Views: 63
OK, I rebuilt the EFI with the BASE-EFI Folder and used ProperTree to do the editing. Thanks for setting me straight on that!

Everything has booted up up great, except that unfortunately I still have no Thunderbolt functionality in MacOS. Thunderbolt functions fine in Windows as far as I can see (Thunderbolt Control Center shows the drives when they are plugged in). Any Ideas? My EFI and my IOReg are attached.

Replace the SSDT with this one. Also the Audio, Font, Image, and Label folders need to go inside 'Resources'.

The SSDT method is a lot easier.

To flash the firmware you can either use a CH341A programmer

or a Raspberry Pi

Then firmware:

Then edit DROM:

AND, also, I have some strange behavior from my WiFi card...It is installed, but it will not turn on in the network settings, it seems. And then in another place it looks like it simultaneously will not turn off. No WiFI functionality, and there are at least 3 wireless routers within range. The connected Bluetooth chip seems to work fine. The PCI Card is the Fenvi FV-T919. Here are some screen shots of relevant info:

I'm not seeing your PCI card in your ioreg. Looks like you may need to reseat the card

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml
    8 KB · Views: 71
Is MSR lock off? If so and it’s not booting most likely you’ll need to patch it.
Or you can try
If option isn't available in BIOS, turn on AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock in config.plist under Kernel-Quirks.

I looked at your EFI and it looks like you changed some of the order of the SSDTs and kexts. Not sure what else you edited so I attached the base efi again. Just make sure to change the platform info with your serial info again. I would get a new serial since you uploaded yours already.

Yes my MSR Lock option is set to disabled in bios, will the bios patch work for mine since it is technically a different board and version number than i have seen mentioned in the guides? Asus Prime x299 Edition 30 ?

in one of my attempts to figure this out on my own i used ProperTree clean snapshot option and that reordered stuff, was that a bad thing?

Replace the SSDT with this one. Also the Audio, Font, Image, and Label folders need to go inside 'Resources'.

The SSDT method is a lot easier.

To flash the firmware you can either use a CH341A programmer

or a Raspberry Pi

Then firmware:

Then edit DROM:

I'm not seeing your PCI card in your ioreg. Looks like you may need to reseat the card
That SSDT did the trick on the Thunderbolt!! Thanks! What was different about that one than the one I was using before?

Still working on the Wifi....THe wifi/bluetooth card is currently in slot 4. Titan Ridge TB3 is in slot 2 (I reseated it and it seems seated properly -- yellow LEDs inside the card come on) and the Vega 64 is in Slot 5. Slots 1 and 3 are open and available. slots 6 & 7 are open but are blocked by the Vega 64. Should I try another slot? If I put something in Slot 1 or slot 3 is it going to compete with the Vega 64 for PCI Lanes?

That SSDT did the trick on the Thunderbolt!! Thanks! What was different about that one than the one I was using before?

Still working on the Wifi....THe wifi/bluetooth card is currently in slot 4. Titan Ridge TB3 is in slot 2 (I reseated it and it seems seated properly -- yellow LEDs inside the card come on) and the Vega 64 is in Slot 5. Slots 1 and 3 are open and available. slots 6 & 7 are open but are blocked by the Vega 64. Should I try another slot? If I put something in Slot 1 or slot 3 is it going to compete with the Vega 64 for PCI Lanes?
OK, I moved my wifi/bluetooth card to Slot 3. Wifi now works. Hopefully no competition with the Vega 64 in Slot 5.

And TB3 works, as all of my disk enclosures and SoftRAID drives are connecting. But there is strange behavior.....they do not connect if they are connected already at the time of booting. If I unplug and replug, they connect up and mount after a few seconds. So the good news is that hot-plugging works. But I guess cold-plugging does not (if that is the right term). I rebooted 3-4 times and cold-booted from a power-off state once. TB3 devices do not connect a boot...only after hot-plugging. Any fix for that?

Yes my MSR Lock option is set to disabled in bios, will the bios patch work for mine since it is technically a different board and version number than i have seen mentioned in the guides? Asus Prime x299 Edition 30 ?

in one of my attempts to figure this out on my own i used ProperTree clean snapshot option and that reordered stuff, was that a bad thing?

Yes, BIOS 0603 should work. The edition 30 has bios flashback so should be fine.

Some ssdts have a depndency on another one so that’s why it was in the order I specified.
Same with kexts but I think that one was okay

OK, I moved my wifi/bluetooth card to Slot 3. Wifi now works. Hopefully no competition with the Vega 64 in Slot 5.

And TB3 works, as all of my disk enclosures and SoftRAID drives are connecting. But there is strange behavior.....they do not connect if they are connected already at the time of booting. If I unplug and replug, they connect up and mount after a few seconds. So the good news is that hot-plugging works. But I guess cold-plugging does not (if that is the right term). I rebooted 3-4 times and cold-booted from a power-off state once. TB3 devices do not connect a boot...only after hot-plugging. Any fix for that?

The scope PCI0 vs PC00 on the ssdt. Kgp had patch renames that we don’t do anymore (cosmetic)

Not sure if there’s a fix or not.

The scope PCI0 vs PC00 on the ssdt. Kgp had patch renames that we don’t do anymore (cosmetic)

Not sure if there’s a fix or not.
"The scope PCI0 vs PC00 on the ssdt": are you telling me what was different on the SSDT that you sent me vs. the first SSDT I was using?

"The scope PCI0 vs PC00 on the ssdt": are you telling me what was different on the SSDT that you sent me vs. the first SSDT I was using?
2 questions:

1. Would flashing the Titan Ridge possibly fix this cold-plugging problem? I know it is challenging....
2. Does the SMBios MacPro7,1 that you use have any advantages over iMacPro1,1 that I have used so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back