CPU
i9-10940X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
can't wait to see if the ram works with you. good luck with the assembly. It shouldn't tale too long.
I asked the ASUS support. They answered that simply they didn't test the 32GB DIMMs. But in the specs listed on USA site, the max RAM supported is 256GB and the only mode to obtain that is using 32GB DIMMs ... Let's see if it works :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro
CPU
i7 7820X
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey friend can you upload your open core efi! I have the same config and havent been able to make it work, thanks!
Hi Luchobe!
I don't think we have the same config. I'm on X299 platform. My efi its not for your config.

Motherboard
AsRock X299 Creator
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I asked the ASUS support. They answered that simply they didn't test the 32GB DIMMs. But in the specs listed on USA site, the max RAM supported is 256GB and the only mode to obtain that is using 32GB DIMMs ... Let's see if it works :)
It confirm it works I've done it several month ago

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE / Asus P9X79 WS / HP Probook
CPU
i9 7900x oc 4mhz / i7 4930k oc 4.25mhz
Graphics
Radeon RX580 / GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS WS SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-10940X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can now confirm: it works. I left for my holidays and I had no time to install macOS, but the motherboard firmware see perfectly all my RAM banks ...

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage/10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, switching to the Asus WS X299 Sage 10G today. I'm trying to flash the BIOS provided in the previous topic. But the EZ flash tools says the BIOS file isn't compatible with my board. Any idea why ?
I have the Asus WS X299 Sage 10G and it was already updated to BIOS ver. 3101 when I got it.... I am trying to flash the motherboard to the patched bios with FlashBack, but it isn’t working. I’m using a 16GB stick formatted FAT32 and I renamed the file WSXTG.CAP. Any ideas on why it won’t work?

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage/10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Asus WS X299 Sage 10G and it was already updated to BIOS ver. 3101 when I got it.... I am trying to flash the motherboard to the patched bios with FlashBack, but it isn’t working. I’m using a 16GB stick formatted FAT32 and I renamed the file WSXTG.CAP. Any ideas on why it won’t work?
I figured out my problem. I had formatted the USB stick to FAT32, but I did it under GUID and not MBR. As soon as I formatted with MBR, it flashed no problem! Thanks!

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I figured out my problem. I had formatted the USB stick to FAT32, but I did it under GUID and not MBR. As soon as I formatted with MBR, it flashed no problem! Thanks!

Yep, the FlashBack requires MBR formatted USB stick.

Also the 3101 BIOS broke MSR Lock so you must use a patched version for now until ASUS releases a new update (they promised me they would).

Check the first post in this thread regarding 3101 for Sage 10 and the BIOS update lives on GitHub. It also requires a new SSDT.

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage/10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yep, the FlashBack requires MBR formatted USB stick.

Also the 3101 BIOS broke MSR Lock so you must use a patched version for now until ASUS releases a new update (they promised me they would).

Check the first post in this thread regarding 3101 for Sage 10 and the BIOS update lives on GitHub. It also requires a new SSDT.
Yes, I noticed that they require is the patched version of the bios. I have built hackintoshes for years on chameleon and Clover, but this is my first X299 Hackintosh and my first one that will be using Opencore.

I’m having another issue now that I’ve gotten past the bios update. I will post my full hardware list later, but basically I’m running an ASUS WS X299 Sage 10g with a i9-7940x CPU, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM, and a Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro+. I am trying to install Catalina 10.15.5.

I have followed all of the instructions on this thread to get an installation started, and I get to the screen where I choose the installation USB, I click that, and then I get an apple boot screen with a progress bar that takes like 45 minutes to fill in and never actually completes.

Any ideas on where I’m going wrong? Is there a way to turn on some kind of a verbose boot so I can see more info? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, I noticed that they require is the patched version of the bios. I have done McIntosh’s for years on chameleon and CloverI have built hackintoshes for years on chameleon and Clover, but this is my first X299 Hackintosh and my first one that will be using Opencore.

I’m having another issue now that I’ve gotten past the bios update. I will post my full hardware list later, but basically I’m running an ASUS WS X299 Sage 10g with a i9-7940x CPU, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM, and a Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro+. I am trying to install Catalina 10.15.5.

I have followed all of the instructions on this thread to get an installation started, and I get to the screen where I choose the installation USB, I click that, and then I get an apple boot screen with a progress bar that takes like 45 minutes to fill in and never actually completes.

Any ideas on where I’m going wrong? Is there a way to turn on some kind of a verbose boot so I can see more info? Thanks for any help!

Without seeing your efi it’s hard to tell. Do you have Above 4G enabled?
-v is already enabled as a flag so you should see verbose. You could disable the OpenCore GUI by going to your config.plist and editing Misc->Boot->PickerMode to Built