Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Should I patch first and then send to @izo1 or can I patch after?

Also, @djlild7hina - I keep getting 'file can't be read' or 'patches.txt can't be found' with every combination I try with UEFI Patcher. Can you please clarify the instructions? Thanks in advance!View attachment 476660
Either way should be fine but it looks like izo already uploaded a modified bios so after :lol:

You need to change to the directory first and then run the command.

so two commands would be:

1. 'cd /Users/pineapple/Downloads/UEFIPatch'
2. ./UEFIPatch PRIME-X299-DELUXE-ASUS-3006.CAP'

I changed the wording on the github so hopefully it's more clear.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Either way should be fine but it looks like izo already uploaded a modified bios so after :lol:

You need to change to the directory first and then run the command.

so two commands would be:

1. 'cd /Users/pineapple/Downloads/UEFIPatch'
2. ./UEFIPatch PRIME-X299-DELUXE-ASUS-3006.CAP'

I changed the wording on the github so hopefully it's more clear.
Beautiful! It worked.

That is much more clear. My mistake is that I dragged the UEFIPatch executable into terminal. Thank you again.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Beautiful! It worked.

That is much more clear. My mistake is that I dragged the UEFIPatch executable into terminal. Thank you again.

Awesome, can you confirm the custom logo is working and upload the patched/modified BIOS?

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE / Asus P9X79 WS / HP Probook
CPU
i9 7900x oc 4mhz / i7 4930k oc 4.25mhz
Graphics
Radeon RX580 / GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm still on BIOS 0905, do you recommand to upgrade it with a patched 3101?

it seem there is a problem with security & privacy on my mojave install, since i switched to opencore, i can't add anything to full disk access or accessibility. There's a few apps that keep asking me to add them there.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Awesome, can you confirm the custom logo is working and upload the patched/modified BIOS?
Yes, but probably next week at best - I don't want to rock the boat during work crunch time!
In regard to that, SSDT-AWAC is cool to apply to my clover ACPI, yes? I haven't fully migrated to OC or Catalina because I can't print quicktimes from Pro Tools in 10.15 and I will need to do so for the next 3 weeks - so I have a second 10.15 boot drive (clover so far, but planning on making sure I can get OC smooth asap) ready to go but I just want to ensure this update won't affect anything just yet...

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, but probably next week at best - I don't want to rock the boat during work crunch time!
In regard to that, SSDT-AWAC is cool to apply to my clover ACPI, yes?

No worries, I just grabbed @izo1's modified BIOS and patched it and uploaded to github.
Yes, SSDT-AWAC should be fine with clover. Just copy it to your efi folder.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Radeon RX580 / GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, I'm having some issue with my setup, I have a startech firewire card in my build for my audio card and an inateck USB 3 pcie card for my VR headset that doesn't work with USB asmedia chipset but this morning after finally putting everything back together, i found out that when both (firewire and USB pcie) cards are plugged, macos reboots after a minute. This didn't happen when my audio card (motu 828 mk2) isn't on but as soon as i turn it on, the computer freeze and reboots.

Please note that when i use only one of these cards, it's ok but as soon as both cards are in the slots, the computer reboots after a minute or so. I changed pcie slots with no success. Both cards have their own power supply connected even if i don't think the firewire requires it as the motu isn't powered by firewire.

i'm using base EFI with mojave (iMacpro 1,1)

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-A
CPU
10920x
Graphics
RX 5600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@djlild7hina , thanks for posting the base EFI, it's working great for me on a Asus Prime-A w/ 5600XT graphics.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Radeon RX580 / GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I patched the latest bios and flashed it but now i can’t boot into macos anymore, the computer reboots right after opencore boot menu. Any idea why ?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I patched the latest bios and flashed it but now i can’t boot into macos anymore, the computer reboots right after opencore boot menu. Any idea why ?

Does it hang or just reboot? Do you have SSDT-AWAC.aml copied to your EFI folder and enabled in your config.plist?

As for your other issue how are your slots populated. I've noticed that the Sage is a little picky with how the slots are populated. I'm not sure if this is a macOS issue or not since the computer boots fine. It's just when it loads macOS it reboots instantly. I haven't looked at the kp logs but just moved my cards to different slots.