- Apr 16, 2017
- Gigabyte X299 WU-8
- RX 580
- Mobile Phone
Sorry, I expressed myself badly. I'll list below the materials that I would have chosen following your build, indicating some doubt.
My build could be:
1. Motherboard: ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G. I don't know what BIOS will be on board on arrival, but I can flash the latest, right?
2. CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius+ S36; It's silent? Can I overclock CPU with that?
3. CPU: Intel i9-10940X: I'd like to have the option to expand the RAM to 256GB in the future and I've read that it's easiest to overclock as 10980xe
4. RAM 4x32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
5. SSD: Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 1T + 1 unit 8TB U.2 micron or similar + various HDD
6. GPU: Sapphire Radeon VII
7. TB3: ??? I maint to Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt but now it is unfindable
8. WiFi/BT: as Broadcom BCM94360CD I have found various models, among which I cannot choose; I also found this: MQUPIN FENVI T919 Scheda Wireless BCM94360CD;
9. PSU: Corsair RM850X: is it enough to power the system even in overclocking?
10. case: CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P
I forgot something?
Thanks for your time
1- My CPU ( only ) use 400w under overclocking @4.9Ghz. 850w might be too low. ( I have a 1200W PSU )
2- Contrary to the popular belief, 360 AIO CPU are perfectly fine to do high Overclocking.
Checkout at my scores in Cinebench without delidding. ( AIO Thermalake FloeRing 360)
@dithaack please try the new EFI. I made some adjustments. Also it looks like you haven't enabled the onboard 10Gb ports. Is that something you're planning on doing? 1. ACPI adjustments: updated SSDTs to those ones from my github 2. Device Properties: removed Thunderbolt controller (For now...