Register

X299 - Open Core support

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello! Would anyone with an Asus Prime Deluxe be willing to share their OC EFI? I am most of the way through re-creating the EFI for 0.5.9 (I had a work 0.5.6 which I am scraping parts out of to update since I have been out of the loops for a few months) and I would like to have a double check. The repository EFI appears to be out of date.

Also, should I be giving MacPro 7,1 a go or stick to iMacPro 1,1?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello! Would anyone with an Asus Prime Deluxe be willing to share their OC EFI? I am most of the way through re-creating the EFI for 0.5.9 (I had an older version which I am scraping parts out of to update since I have been out of the loops for a few months) and I would like to have a double check. The repository EFI appears to be out of date.

Thank you in advance!

I would stick with iMacPro1,1 mate, according to your profile u got a Vega 56 so it's a match! Anyway, there's no real difference.

You could check your config.plist here: https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ (assuming your subfolders are correctly populated).

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! Would anyone with an Asus Prime Deluxe be willing to share their OC EFI? I am most of the way through re-creating the EFI for 0.5.9 (I had a work 0.5.6 which I am scraping parts out of to update since I have been out of the loops for a few months) and I would like to have a double check. The repository EFI appears to be out of date.

Thank you in advance!

The Base EFI is up to date on my github can be used as a starting point. Needs the ethernet kexts, USB kext (mapped to your board), and TSCAdjustReset to be adjusted for your cpu. It's currently using MacPro7,1 so you will need to update the SMBIOS section and remove the MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext

this one I made should be pretty close to your needs.
Probably just tscadjustreset adjusted and a usb kext (if you already have one)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G (3203)
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Pretty sure it doesn't have a usb 2 controller and is pass through only. If you try to connect a usb 2 device to it, it will not be recognized unless the usb 2 cable is plugged into your motherboard. However, if you use a thunderbolt 3 device with its own usb 2 controller it'll use that controller.
Answer from Gigabyte :)
==
No, it does not support USB hub function.

The USB pin header of Titan Ridge only can connect to motherboard for USB2.0 support(USB3.1 Gen2 Type-C to USB2.0).

Ihr GIGABYTE-Team
==

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE / Asus P9X79 WS / HP Probook
CPU
i9 7900x oc 4mhz / i7 4930k oc 4.25mhz
Graphics
Radeon RX580 / GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, switching to Asus WS X299 Sage 10G today. I'm trying to flash the BIOS provided in the previous topic. But the EZ flash tools says the BIOS file isn't compatible with my board. Any idea why ?

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, switching to Asus WS X299 Sage 10G today. I'm trying to flash the BIOS provided in the previous topic. But the EZ Flash tools says the BIOS file isn't compatible with my board. Any idea why ?

You have to use BIOS flashback (refer to manual), not EZ Flash.

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE / Asus P9X79 WS / HP Probook
CPU
i9 7900x oc 4mhz / i7 4930k oc 4.25mhz
Graphics
Radeon RX580 / GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
you have to use bios flashback (refer to manual) not ez flash
My mistake, my board is a Sage, not a Sage/10G. Any idea how to get or make the modified BIOS for the unlocked MSR 0xE2 BIOS Register? Is it still needed with the latest BIOS ?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My mistake, my board is a Sage, not a Sage/10G. Any idea how to get or make the modified BIOS for the unlocked MSR 0xE2 BIOS Register? Is it still needed with the latest BIOS ?

Yes unfortunately until Asus fixes it. Download latest official one off Asus website.
Then follow these steps in my GitHub

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
The Base EFI is up to date on my github can be used as a starting point. Needs the ethernet kexts, USB kext (mapped to your board), and TSCAdjustReset to be adjusted for your cpu. It's currently using MacPro7,1 so you will need to update the SMBIOS section and remove the MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext

this one I made should be pretty close to your needs.
Probably just tscadjustreset adjusted and a usb kext (if you already have one)
Thank you!

What about my SSDT's from my Clover KGP build and AGPM kext?

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you!

What about my SSDT's from my Clover KGP build and AGPM kext?

You should be able to copy those over, but the SSDTs for the most part aren’t required and are cosmetic. Can use device properties to populate the PCI page in System Profile.