Register

X299 - Open Core support

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G (3203)
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
I assume you're going to plug in the USB 2 cables from the titan ridge cards and your WiFi/BT usb 2 cable to it right?
Yes, I wanted to do that.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, I wanted to do that.

Okay, since the Sage doesn't have any internal usb 2 headers (There's no way to connect your usb hub to the motherboard) that's why I listed those 3 options.

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G (3203)
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
djlild7hina, TitanRidge card has one usb2 controller. Or not?..

upd: ok, let's see... I have Inateck USB card too.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
djlild7hina, TitanRidge card has one usb2 controller. Or not?..

upd: ok, let's see... I have Inateck USB card too.

Pretty sure it doesn't have a usb 2 controller and is pass through only. If you try to connect a usb 2 device to it, it will not be recognized unless the usb 2 cable is plugged into your motherboard. However, if you use a thunderbolt 3 device with its own usb 2 controller it'll use that controller.

Last edited:
Motherboard
WS X299 Sage/10G -3001 - OpenCore
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Pro WX 8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm going ahead with another GPU to troubleshoot the dual Titan Ridge issue, and seems the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 is a good option.
Anyone using dual GPU's and have experience with how well Open Core handles it? The Buyer's Guide doesn't seem to really go into that.
I'd try it with the WX 8200 I have at first, but might have to let that card go and get something more stable/familiar. Thanks for any insight!

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm going ahead with another GPU to troubleshoot the dual Titan Ridge issue, and seems the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 is a good option.
Anyone using dual GPU's and have experience with how well Open Core handles it? The Buyer's Guide doesn't seem to really go into that.
I'd try it with the WX 8200 I have at first, but might have to let that card go and get something more stable/familiar. Thanks for any insight!

OpenCore is a bootloader and has nothing to do with dual GPUs.

Also not worth dual GPUs in general nowadays, just get 1 fast one within your budget. The highest end one is Radeon VII (Used one maybe?) and then 5700XT....better RDNA2 AMD cards are around the corner tho, within 30-60 days.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Pro WX 8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore is a bootloader and has nothing to do with dual GPUs.

Also not worth dual GPUs in general nowadays, just get 1 fast one within your budget. The highest end one is Radeon VII (Used one maybe?) and then 5700XT....better RDNA2 AMD cards are around the corner tho, within 30-60 days.
Oh, I just ordered a RX 580 as a backup and for testing, that'd be good for me to have on hand anyway.

Maybe I had the wrong idea that I could use one for monitors to take the load off of my main GPU for video encoding? I'm trying to transcode as many frames per second as possible. I'm still learning, thanks for your help!

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh, I just ordered a RX 580 as a backup and for testing, that'd be good for me to have on hand anyway.

Maybe I had the wrong idea that I could use one for monitors to take the load off of my main GPU for video encoding? I'm trying to transcode as many frames per second as possible. I'm still learning, thanks for your help!

That's not how GPU encoding works really.

And I don't know what software you're using?

Dual GPUs will take advantage of software that support it — such as Da Vinci Resolve. Afaik that's the only software that will take advantage of dual GPUs...maybe FCPX too?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Pro WX 8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's not how GPU encoding works really.

And I don't know what software you're using?

Dual GPUs will take advantage of software that support it — such as Da Vinci Resolve. Afaik that's the only software that will take advantage of dual GPUs...maybe FCPX too?
You nailed it! Resolve is exactly the software I use for transcoding. I had the dual D500's in the 2013 MacPro but this is my first Hackintosh and I haven't tried yet. Of course the D500s were 2 of the same and I didn't try to seperate for anything, but I heard another user say she has her 2 hackintosh GPUs specified for different tasks.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello! Would anyone with an Asus Prime Deluxe be willing to share their OC EFI? I am most of the way through re-creating the EFI for 0.5.9 (I had a work 0.5.6 which I am scraping parts out of to update since I have been out of the loops for a few months) and I would like to have a double check. The repository EFI appears to be out of date.

Also, should I be giving MacPro 7,1 a go or stick to iMacPro 1,1?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: