Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some equipment that still have not updated their drivers to Catalina ( Touch Screen on Drum Machine ); so still using Mojave 98% of the time. Pretty satisfied with it. No bugs, running x2 24" Touchscreens ( 1980x1080 ); x1 small Touchscreen ( 1280x 800 ) ; x1 38" Ultrawide (3800x1640 ) on a RX580. If it's not broken...:headbang:

Last edited:
Ellybz, you have a very awesome setup! Very enviable!

If I could ask you a question? Where & how would you need to list other drives for Ndkboot picker to show 1- Catalina/2- Windows/3- Linux?

Thank you for all your help.

Ellybz, you have a very awesome setup! Very enviable!

If I could ask you a question? Where & how would you need to list other drives for Ndkboot picker to show 1- Catalina/2- Windows/3- Linux?

Thank you for all your help.
Specific boot order cannot be achieved on the regular release of OC. It is one of the many specs that the N-D-K fork of OpenCore provides. It is done thru Custom Entries.

There's also a forum for his fork. Google it.

7ED5AF2C-5CC5-4293-9711-3EB6105779C4.jpeg
0120DBDF-66E4-4B76-A46E-1276B7F632CF.jpeg

I’m catching up

3x32” 4K HDR powered by Radeon VII and 9980XE and 64GB Ram

1588359973336.png

This was pretty much my Suite "Back In The Day". Then came the Amiga with SuperGen, and later the Video Toaster . . . and then came PC Non-Linear editing (ei., Matrox DigiSuite and others) and the rest is history! I'm now 75 and I still love the craft and all the hardware that Technology has brought us.

Be Safe - Social Distance is important!

I managed to get Catalina installed using OC, but it won't boot! Clover can boot it, but something isn't quite right with my OC config. I tried using the MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS for OC (while Clover is using iMacPro1,1). I forgot to take picture of the boot process, so I'll troubleshoot it again tonight. For now, could the issue be that MacPro 7,1 only accepts ECC RAM? I'm not using ECC RAM, and I seem to remember the boot error was something about memory. I'll upload my config.plist this evening after I sanitize the serial numbers.

I tried using the MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS for OC

From all the reading I have done on OC very few who have tried to use MacPro 7,1 have been successful. I would advise you to use iMacPro1,1. Just my 2c worth

I'm using MacPro7,1 and it's fine ;-) I also have pretty similar EFI with iMacPro1,1 to check differences at every OC or macOS update. Everything is the same so far.

I managed to get Catalina installed using OC, but it won't boot! Clover can boot it, but something isn't quite right with my OC config. I tried using the MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS for OC (while Clover is using iMacPro1,1). I forgot to take picture of the boot process, so I'll troubleshoot it again tonight. For now, could the issue be that MacPro 7,1 only accepts ECC RAM? I'm not using ECC RAM, and I seem to remember the boot error was something about memory. I'll upload my config.plist this evening after I sanitize the serial numbers.

MacPro7,1 works fine in Catalina however I suggest to start with iMacPro1,1 & Mojave.

Mojave does not need the EC SSDT. Catalina does. That is really the only difference ( non- Gigabyte Mobos )
No need to install an OS if you want to try. Just stick/create the EFI on a USB key and boot from it.

MacPro7,1 works fine in Catalina however I suggest to start with iMacPro1,1 & Mojave.

Mojave does not need the EC SSDT. Catalina does. That is really the only difference ( non- Gigabyte Mobos )
No need to install an OS if you want to try. Just stick/create the EFI on a USB key and boot from it.

Oh, sorry for the lack of clarity. I have been running Mojave/Clover/iMac hackintosh for awhile now. Wanted to upgrade to Catalina for a couple of different reasons. I'll upload my config tomorrow. Too tired right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back