Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feartech, I have added and removed it several times. I have tried to load 18 times according to the txt files created in my efi folder.
text files?

you are supposed to keep it in there, not delete it

add it back and post a verbose image of where it hangs, then upload your new oc folder

text files?

you are supposed to keep it in there, not delete it

add it back and post a verbose image of where it hangs, then upload your new oc folder

Will do!

Feartech,
I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my Install USB. I have spent a lot of time on getting it right.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
I am actually in an almost identical situation to FearTech and get exactly the same error. I've generated my own SSDT many times and it didn't make a difference. Certain it's something else as the last line randomly changes between "PCI Configuration Ends .." and the "apfs 1683" which makes me think they are running in different threads.

a) OpenCore 0.5.6 has a regression as it fails to make it past the Pre-linked stage. 0.5.5 gets much further.
b) Upgrading or downgrading versions of Lilu, WhateverGreen etc does nothing so not an issue.
c) I have gotten much further using https://github.com/shinoki7/Asus-X299-Hackintosh but stuck at an ACPI related kernel panic which no one seems to have solved.
d) I am stuck on BIOS 3006 (can't seem to downgrade using Flashback) so wondering if that's a possible link.

I am actually in an almost identical situation to FearTech and get exactly the same error. I've generated my own SSDT many times and it didn't make a difference. Certain it's something else as the last line randomly changes between "PCI Configuration Ends .." and the "apfs 1683" which makes me think they are running in different threads.

a) OpenCore 0.5.6 has a regression as it fails to make it past the Pre-linked stage. 0.5.5 gets much further.
b) Upgrading or downgrading versions of Lilu, WhateverGreen etc does nothing so not an issue.
c) I have gotten much further using https://github.com/shinoki7/Asus-X299-Hackintosh but stuck at an ACPI related kernel panic which no one seems to have solved.
d) I am stuck on BIOS 3006 (can't seem to downgrade using Flashback) so wondering if that's a possible link.
Threeseed,
Thanks for your info. I am also on bios 3006. I will attempt a flashback today to see if that will overcome the problem.
Will post results

Feartech,
I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my Install USB. I have spent a lot of time on getting it right.
not sure, it may be worth looking over this:

don't forget to disable MSR lock in your BIOS or if you can't:

turn on AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock

Unable to Flashback from 3006... will try with 2nd USB. Could it be that Asus has disabled Flashback in 3006?

Feartech were you able to find any problems with my OC files?

Feartech were you able to find any problems with my OC files?
bit difficult as OpenCore is quite new and various options in config.plist will need to be enabled/disabled as per different processors/hardware

but if you google search "opencore manual" and follow the advice then you should be able to get somewhere

in can be a bit of a minefield at times and a lot of trial and error but it is worth it

Definitely looks like the firmware is a problem:

@tonyarnold Same for my Asus Rampage VI Extreme Omega, the new 3006 produces the same issues like the Cascade Lake X299-Refresh boards: MSR Lock setting in the BIOS has no effect and with a proper kernel patch to circumvent this it stops booting while PCI stuff is mentioned. This applies to Clover as well as Open Core.

Something in the new AMI firmware is quirky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back