Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems you're using MacPro7,1 but your USBkext is still matching to iMacPro1,1 (and therefore will not load).

Edit: Now with screengrab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 8.04.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 8.04.51 AM.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 78
Seems you're using MacPro7,1 but your USBkext is still matching to iMacPro1,1 (and therefore will not load).

Edit: Now with screengrab

So I gotta mod the kext modifying imacpro1,1 to macpro7,1 right? A simple text editor should be enough right? What about efi structure and config plist code?

Thanks mate!

So I gotta mod the kext modifying imacpro1,1 to macpro7,1 right? A simple text editor should be enough right? What about efi structure and config plist code?

Thanks mate!
On my way to work so I’ll have a look at it later...
Use a plist editor / Xcode if you can.

On my way to work so I’ll have a look at it later...
Use a plist editor / Xcode if you can.
thanks mate, I really appreciate that!

plz keep an eye on smbios section of config plist, I don't the automatic / general way, instead I populated it using all the data. In general, plz check all the config sections (ACPI, Kernel, platform info etc.) and SSDTs (they should be ok).

see you later, thanks again.

EDIT: I tried to rebuild an EFI for 0.5.6 from scratch strictly following the official guide. The old folder I attached you sooner is the stable 0.5.5 working. Here I'm attaching the rebuilded from scratch EFI for 0.5.6 which isn't working (it boots straight into windows 10 - don't know why but it doesn't show the boot picker even if I set all the related configs (shows and timings) correctly. This thing is driving me mad...

EDIT 2: I deleted all the old SSDTs and related patches, then I used ACPI samples for SkylakeX (EC-USBX and PLUG) and compiled them with MACIASL and adjusted config.plist accordingly. Resetted NVRAM and tried to boot with no success. Attached latest EFI folder and screen of boot failure in -v mode

EDIT 3: BOOOOM SHAKALAKA!!! DONE!! EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Has anyone on an x299 Prime Deluxe updated? I can't detect the differences between my previously working config and the updated sample.plist...

Has anyone on an x299 Prime Deluxe updated? I can't detect the differences between my previously working config and the updated sample.plist...

use Xcode FileMerge to compare your config and sample.plist side by side. It’s one of the easier ways to do it :)

Please ...

Would anyone be willing to share bios settings for Asus X299 Prime Deluxe?

I am trying to boot with 0.5.6 and install Catalina 15.2.3... System goes directly into the bios? Windows 10 runs perfectly on M2 drive which is currently removed for the installation of Catalina.

UPDATE: Open Core boots to "Boot Picker", I choose "install Catalina", press enter, usb dies, screen goes dark?

Last edited:
Please ...

Would anyone be willing to share bios settings for Asus X299 Prime Deluxe?

I am trying to boot with 0.5.6 and install Catalina 15.2.3... System goes directly into the bios? Windows 10 runs perfectly on M2 drive which is currently removed for the installation of Catalina.

UPDATE: Open Core boots to "Boot Picker", I choose "install Catalina", press enter, usb dies, screen goes dark?

This should point you in the right direction...

EDIT 8/20/2019: Updated with a new SSDT for CPU Plugin Type power management and a couple other changes.

Here is an EFI for Asus Prime X299 Deluxe with OpenCore 0.0.4.

Notes:
1. If you don't have an i9-7900X don't forget to modify TSCAdjustReset.kext for your CPU. You may also need a different CPUPluginType SSDT for full CPU power management.
2. This assumes a Radeon VII is in slot PCIEX16_1. If your Radeon VII is in a different slot you'll need to modify SSDT-PrimeX299Deluxe-RadeonVII-WEG.aml. If you have a different GPU you'll need to replace PrimeX299Deluxe-RadeonVII-WEG.aml with a different appropriate SSDT for your GPU and modify config.plist accordingly.
3. This assumes your Thunderbolt 3 card (I have a GC-Titan Ridge) is in slot PCIEX16_4. If your TB3 card is in a different slot you'll need to modify SSDT-PrimeX299Deluxe-Thunderbolt3.aml, or remove the SSDT from the ACPI folder and the config.plist if you're not using a TB card.
4. USB ports disabled: internal USB 3.0 header U31G1_34 and external USB 2.0 port #12 (closest to the board). You'll need to modify PrimeX299DeluxeUSB15ports.kext if you desire a different USB port configuration.
5. Don't forget to enter your SN, SUUID, MLB, and ROM into the config.plist (under PlatformInfo/Generic).

Thanks go more to others than myself for helping me get this far (kgp, Ellybz, apfelnico, izo1, shael, et al). Thank you all.

did you ever update your OC to 0.5.6? struggling to update config.plist to read properly from 0.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back