Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@applemacosxGOD

I have the "ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe" and am interested in the new "ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II". I see you have it. Could you do me a favor? Since the documentation of the manufacturer is a bit sparse, I would like to know the following.

Does the "AQC-5G-LAN" work without additional patches or external kext?

I would like to know what the manufacturer has installed exactly. Could you please send me a list of "PCI devices"? You can read them with the program "Hackintool". Especially the built-in Thunderbolt interests me (Titan or Alpine Ridge).

Thank you for your help. If I can help you with optimizing the system, then send me your EFI folder and an Ioregistry Explorer file. I like to look at it.

best regards
apfelnico

@apfelnico

hi, sorry to tell you that "AQC-5G-LAN" doents work. no driver so far as i know.

attached pci info for your reference. (p.s i already disabled aqc-5g-lan and audio in bios)

thanks

Attachments

• pcidevices.txt
    28 KB · Views: 246
  • applemacosxGOD's iMac Pro.ioreg.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 67
@applemacosxGOD

I have the "ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe" and am interested in the new "ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II". I see you have it. Could you do me a favor? Since the documentation of the manufacturer is a bit sparse, I would like to know the following.

Does the "AQC-5G-LAN" work without additional patches or external kext?

I would like to know what the manufacturer has installed exactly. Could you please send me a list of "PCI devices"? You can read them with the program "Hackintool". Especially the built-in Thunderbolt interests me (Titan or Alpine Ridge).

Thank you for your help. If I can help you with optimizing the system, then send me your EFI folder and an Ioregistry Explorer file. I like to look at it.

best regards
apfelnico

I have the same MB and the same CPU as you - 45k in Geekbench without OC, 1x Vega 64, Mojave14,6 super stable, +TB3 card and 1x ASUS HyperX M.2 V2 card for 4 NVME SSDs... - what we can want more than that? :)
Ah.. and I use ASUS XG-C100C 10Gb card (2-3 moths) - which works perfect oob,
so I'm interested, for what we could change our motherboards... for another 1x USB-C port? I have no idea if
anything could be worth to change... - without CPU from 7900X on 7960 or 7990XE... if needed :)

PS: Only one bad side of my CFG, in my case is... Clover - I don't use OpenCore yet... what will be changed very soon.. (maybe even today - if finally I don't make any mistake with/in ACPI patches files) :p

Well, given that the Radeon VII takes two slots, and your plan is to install it in slot 1, how are you going to install the Titan Ridge in slot2?

Might be better to use slot 4 for the Radeon, slot 2 for the Titan Ridge, and slot 1 for the Bcm card.

Also, might be better to buy a cheap 2.5 SSD for Windows and not use partition booting but rather disk booting, which works great (at least on clover).....

The 9960/7960 range might just be as good (almost) as the 7980/9980, just sayin....

For this mobo, would the RX-580 be punished for going into slot 4 if I were to use both M2/PCIe slots? If so, I'm wondering if the riser/ribbon cable could be used in slot 2 for the Titan Ridge card; IDK if it would fit under the "overhang" of the RX-580 if it were in slot 1. -I'm strongly considering the mobo you suggested earlier, but Thunderbolt is a must because I'm using the UAD Apollo 8 and a BMD MultiDock II. Please and thank you for advice. -I've already returned the Asus Prime Deluxe II...

For this mobo, would the RX-580 be punished for going into slot 4 if I were to use both M2/PCIe slots? If so, I'm wondering if the riser/ribbon cable could be used in slot 2 for the Titan Ridge card; IDK if it would fit under the "overhang" of the RX-580 if it were in slot 1. -I'm strongly considering the mobo you suggested earlier, but Thunderbolt is a must because I'm using the UAD Apollo 8 and a BMD MultiDock II. Please and thank you for advice. -I've already returned the Asus Prime Deluxe II...

Slot 4 was a typo; Asus recommends using slot 5 only if slot 1 is not available. That's where my GPU card is (slot 5). A riser for slot 2? Sorry, never tried such a thing, so I just have no idea if it will work.

In general, using one of the two Sage motherboards seems to work better for most X299 users. Clearly, for my Sage CEB, it's much better than the Prime Deluxe I that I was using before, but I have to say that the reason I changed was because of my Radeon VII. You might find that the RX 580 will work just fine in a Prime Deluxe board.

Last edited:

I use the UAD Apollo 6 on my ASUS Prime Deluxe I without issues. The TB3 is in slot 4. I've had a Radeon VII (which my son took) and Vega 56 in slot 1.

I began trying out the X299 with a Sage/10G. It took me almost a week of no POST to finally realize that the mobo was DOA; it was returned. (I bought a used/returned PD1 from MicroCenter for little money to test that the CPU was good). I then tried 2 different PD2 (these were returned).

Then I decided to try a used GB i9 XE. It didn't work (returned). Finally, I tried the ASUS PD1 again, since I own it, with the latest BIOS. It worked like a charm; so much better with the newer BIOS. Very stable.

I use the UAD Apollo 6 on my ASUS Prime Deluxe I without issues. The TB3 is in slot 4. I've had a Radeon VII (which my son took) and Vega 56 in slot 1.

I began trying out the X299 with a Sage/10G. It took me almost a week of no POST to finally realize that the mobo was DOA; it was returned. (I bought a used/returned PD1 from MicroCenter for little money to test that the CPU was good). I then tried 2 different PD2 (these were returned).

Then I decided to try a used GB i9 XE. It didn't work (returned). Finally, I tried the ASUS PD1 again, since I own it, with the latest BIOS. It worked like a charm; so much better with the newer BIOS. Very stable.

Thanks. I think a key issue is that you're using the Apollo X series that has built-in Thunderbolt 3. Could you do me a favor? The next time you boot with your Apollo on and after it connects with the UAD driver, but before you launch your DAW, snap-off the power to the Apollo-X6, wait a few seconds, and the power it back on and see if it reconnects to the UAD driver. LMK, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you.

Thanks. I think a key issue is that you're using the Apollo X series that has built-in Thunderbolt 3. Could you do me a favor? The next time you boot with your Apollo on and after it connects with the UAD driver, but before you launch your DAW, snap-off the power to the Apollo-X6, wait a few seconds, and the power it back on and see if it reconnects to the UAD driver. LMK, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you.

Yes, it reconnects after shutting power off, then on again. The unit is an Apollo x6. Some SSDTs don't allow this.

BTW, the public release of Catalina breaks UAD and it won't work. The beta versions of Catalina worked with UAD, but not the final version.

@jiffyslot I don't know your Apollo hardware at all, but if I understand well,
it's something like hot-plug problems in your case, which can be related with your slightly wrong config..
Actually I don't use TB3, I don't need, but maybe section E.9.2.13) of KGP Guide will help you
with your problems Apollo 8 connection/reconnection etc... :)

@jiffyslot I don't know your Apollo hardware at all, but if I understand well,
it's something like hot-plug problems in your case, which can be related with your slightly wrong config..
Actually I don't use TB3, I don't need, but maybe section E.9.2.13) of KGP Guide will help you
with your problems Apollo 8 connection/reconnection etc... :)

You'd have to ask UAD or Intel... :| Titan Ridge uses Alpine Ridge elements for backwards compatibility. IIRC, it's an issue that has never been solved (except on a real Mac or with Windows) with Thunderbolt 2 and the Thunderbolt Local Node as used by the UAD software and drivers. Thunderbolt 3 native devices are supposedly good to go, but I've never seen any proof of this: Power up the machine, log in, then flip on the power to the Apollo. If this window shows up, and the then hotplug works. This is why I was asking about the use of a (domain) UUID in the Thunderbolt patch to match the UUID of the device on the Thunderbolt/PCI/RP21 bus. Or maybe it's a Clover thing since this all works perfectly in Windows and on a real Mini (2012 or 2018)...

From CaseySJ's Z390 guide... and this Link Here regarding Falcon Ridge controllers.

"Thunderbolt 3 Experiences...
NOTE 1: Hackintoshes currently do not support Thunderbolt Local Node that allows two Macs to connect over a Thunderbolt cable for functions such as Target Disk Mode, Target Display Mode, and Ethernet Thunderbolt Bridge. The Thunderbolt section in System Information will therefore say No drivers are loaded.

Thunderbolt Hotplug Working on a Mac.png Thunderbolt Connection.jpg

Last edited:
@jiffyslot I would like to help somehow, but without any TB device in my house, I can do nothing :/

BTW:
Finally after XX hours I figured out how to boot and use my actual Mojave with NEW correct OpenCore config
- learning with this thing never stops.. :p :) :crazy:

Unfortunately I lost 2 hours to find - How people find device path (like PCIRoot(0x0)....etc) :banghead:
At the beginning I didn't even know what is this or for what... :lol:

pciroot.png
Nobody says how to find it, for what etc... I triend to find a lot on forums, and OpenCore Docs
but nothing is clear for less advanced users....:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :banghead:

GPU and basic things it was not so big problem, but (With or without ssdt...) my AQC107 10Gb Asus card
wasn't correctly seen on PCI devices list -same as my ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 v2 card...

Finally now, everything is OK with good slots, naming etc etc :thumbup: :D

Capture d’écran 2019-10-14 à 15.55.48.png

With new info and "found" correct device path, everything was much easier to do,
so for my Asus Hyper M.2 x16 NVMe V2 card it's only:

asusM2.png

(added to my OC plist config, in device properties)
and
for ASUS 10G LAN card simply AQCU.aml (created from @kgp)
in ACPI folder with few simple lines in OC config, ACPI section:

AQC.png

Ah.. and I forgot about WIFI/BT BCM4360 which was not visible properly,
it was as simple as other things :p (finally now it's easier to do :lol:)
- Info in OC config ACPI Section + OSXWIFI.aml from KGP
in ACPI folder and last thing in OC config device properties:

OSX wifi.png

With OpenCore (faster boot) and new 2002 BIOS
with my new splashscreen (post #1,300) I'm more than happy :D
I have slightly better performance with OC + new BIOS
and even more with new (yesterday flashed) Vega64 rom. :headbang:

Only good news/things for me after this weekend of studying OC :D
- Next step -> working on little details to do....
and than create good, working cfg for Catalina Installation :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back