Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its related to iStat. Worth emailing them.

18c shows 10c here and GPU Die does not show up.

However using Valley benchmark I Can see GPU temp (not sure if it's hot spot or gpu die)
Same here. All cores with individual temperature but no GPU Die & no individual frequency per core. Only global.

Same here. All cores with individual temperature but no GPU Die & no individual frequency per core. Only global.

Try this

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 11.09.00 PM.png

Attachments

• HWMonitorSMC2.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 102
That was nice of you but same thing I mentioned earlier, All cores ( with temperatures for each core ), but frequency per each core is missing. I only get a general frequency for all cores in Istat ( same as intel power gadget ). Previously Istat would show frequency speed on each core, however I'm getting a diode now ( is it related to gpu? )

That was nice of you but same thing I mentioned earlier, All cores ( with temperatures for each core ), but frequency per each core is missing. I only get a general frequency for all cores in Istat ( same as intel power gadget ). Previously Istat would show frequency speed on each core, however I'm getting a diode now ( is it related to gpu? )

Must be board related or EFI related. Works ok here.

The only monitor that works for me and shows everything correctly.

Must be board related or EFI related. Works ok here.

The only monitor that works for me and shows everything correctly.
Another thing in the bucket list :lol:

Can you please attached a view with each CPU core frequency(clock) instead of temperature? Thanks
ps :it's not EFI related, I have the same results with clover & this app + virtualsmc

Last edited:
Can you please attached a view with each CPU core frequency(clock) instead of temperature? Thanks
ps :it's not EFI related, I have the same results with clover & this app + virtualsmc

I don't see an option to have frequency per core, but it does show overall frequency.

Might want to contact the developers and ask for that feature. However if you look at their package, they have a bunch of kexts you can load, maybe one of those will allow you to see the frequency per core? Haven't done enough research on this...I like this little tool and it works better for me than iStat Menu which I think is overrated and bloated.

Might need to use IntelCPUMonitor.kext, which is attached and also in their release. This app uses IOKit or Intel Power Gadget (selectable in the settings)

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 2.29.10 AM.png

Attachments

• IntelCPUMonitor.kext.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 63
Is there an EFI that would work with Rampage VI Extreme?

That's fully compatible? No. I have a generic one for Asus X299 that I'm making updates to in my GitHub repo but it's still strongly encouraged to look over the OpenCore documentation rather than just copying it over and expecting everything to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back