Contribute
Register

X299 Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thank you for all the info! Appreciate the feedback.

For speedstep you may want to try "Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Guide" and "Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) Implementation" from this topic as well: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ill-tridentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/

Please keep up posted!

With respect "Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Guide" and "Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) Implementation", I would also refer to the upgrade of my 10.12 Sierra Desktop guide (linked above): The Perfect Customac Pro - macOS High Sierra 10.13 on x99 - Full Success

Cheers,

KGP

As we speak I'm just about to try Brumbaer's PMDrvr kext. I'm stuck at 4.5GHz - no speedstep. Well one speedstep haha. MAX.
With that in mind, no HWMonitor. The plugins in fakeSMC gave me kp That's the only real issue because this thing was pulling nearly 400 watts getting the above score (intel power gadget works).

I've been running it all afternoon and no problems so far.
I disabled heaps of patches and flags and removed a lot of kexts. So far I still have all USB ports, networks are good. No sound but I have a USB DAC which is fine.
High Sierra won't work. Just get to the +++++
Which is the biggest issue because I have my new vega turning up tomorrow which is oob in high sierra but won't work in 10.12.

I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus 9.
It's super fast :)
Maybe 5 seconds from clover screen to desktop.
Seems just as stable as my old X99.

@pete1959, is the Aorus 9 on-board WIFI and Bluetooth natively supported by Sierra? Does Hand-off and Airdrop work natively under Sierra?

Thanks for the info in advance,

KGP

Last edited:
Hi KGP,
To be honest I haven't tried! Never had need for wi-fi on a desktop.
Just now I turned on bluetooth and it hooked into my phone straight away, so I guess that's natively supported.

I mean the easiest test is to just connect a Bluetooth mouse with the mobo's Bluetooth via Apple's bluetooth menu in the menu bar.
The easiest check for WLAN functionality is also to connect your rig with your local WIFI via Apple's WIFI menu in the menu bar.
Could you do me this favour and these two very simple tests?

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

Both good :)

You got onboard wireless and bluetooth working on a X299 board in that short amount of time since release? What kind of wizard are you?

You got onboard wireless and bluetooth working on a X299 board in that short amount of time since release? What kind of wizard are you?

On the Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9, both onboard wireless and bluetooth are natively supported. This is the result of the test I asked @pete1959 to do! Nothing to get working..... it just works natively :lol:

On the Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9, both onboard wireless and bluetooth are natively supported. This is the result of the test I asked @pete1959 to do! Nothing to get working..... it just works natively :lol:

Well that's nice!

haha I wish!
I had a working X99 hackintosh (no wifi or bluetooth on the X99) and I just banged the drive into the new rig.

Actually, this answers a LOT of the questions around the next possible Mac Pro I think. The only things I needed to do to get this going was to take out almost all of my X99 patches, modified kexts, little hacks and workarounds.
X299 seems to be working nearly natively.

I've had hacks from X58 right through to this one and the X299 is the most vanilla by far!
This is helped by the awesome Radeon Vega which is also natively supported.

Happy days for Hackintosh :)

This is very interesting as I've read Apple will not use the X299 platform for the upcoming Macs. Are you running High Sierra or Sierra? I really wanted to jump into a 7820X system but held off because I wanted to see what the iMac Pro will use, but your success post is making me reconsider. Aren't the Pascal NVIDA cards supported now too? I just bought a 1080ti and would hope I don't need to get something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back