Graphics
GeForce GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's pretty sure that the iMac Pro will use Skylake-X / X299 hardware, so I'd expect native support to appear as soon as the iMac Pro is released.
iMac Pro will have Xeon CPUs/ECC memory, which means they'll be on a different chipset than X299. There's a chance that the chipset will share enough with X299 that native support will be possible, but it the iMac Pro will most definitely *not* be on X299.

Fl0r!an

Motherboard
Asus Z170M-Plus
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, your explanation is more precise than mine. I don't expect any notable technical differences between X299 and it's workstation brother (is there a name yet?), it's going to be the same platform. Support for Skylake-X Xeons will most likely also add native X299 support.

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Interesting guess/info from user Mago on MacRumors forum:

The iMac will use the (yet to be announced) Skylake-X Xeon along X299 Chipset (yes X299 will support ECC, or there is an ECC varian of X299 in the works), so the new Xeons will be mere ECC upgraded HEDT Core i9.

So the iMac pro will use a Xeon variant of intel Core-X i7/i9's lineup:as i7-7820X (8c, max 4.5ghz 19Mb Cache (8x1Mb L2+11Mb L3), i9-7900x (10c 4.5ghz 23.75Mb Cache) and i9-7980XE with 18 Cores 42.75 MB Cache (18x1Mb L2, + 23.75MB L3)... if you cant see it you need glasses and some english translator
I really hope he knows what he's talking about, as I'm about to build a new hackintosh and would really like a build based on X299 / Skylake-X

Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
CPU
Intel Core i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition LC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok so I got the hardware and after exchanging a faulty mobo the system is finally build. First run, can't seem to boot the installer. OsxAptioFix2Drv or the low mem version seems to hang after +++++++. I'll try some more stuff.

Edit:
Ok so I can get high sierra to boot, but not sierra so far. After loading high sierra I get the abort sign (no kernel panic this should be either the smbios, storage (waiting for pci root) or cpuid. )

Last edited:
Ok so I got the hardware and after exchanging a faulty mobo the system is finally build. First run, can't seem to boot the installer. OsxAptioFix2Drv or the low mem version seems to hang after +++++++. I'll try some more stuff.

Edit:
Ok so I can get high sierra to boot, but not sierra so far. After loading high sierra I get the abort sign (no kernel panic this should be either the smbios, storage (waiting for pci root) or cpuid. )
Nice try. I'm also planning to build one on X299 these days. How far are getting by now?

Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
CPU
Intel Core i9-7900X
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
How is the i9? Did you get OS X running on it?
No I got different kernel panics on sierra. I have to begin from scratch with a empty clover config plist and haven't found the time yet. It has been a while since I installed a hackintosh (2010-2011-ish). The quick configs I had didn't work.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UD5
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
No I got different kernel panics on sierra. I have to begin from scratch with a empty clover config plist and haven't found the time yet. It has been a while since I installed a hackintosh (2010-2011-ish). The quick configs I had didn't work.
Think I read a couple
Others have done did it already

Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
CPU
Intel Core i9-7900X
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS