X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Dual AMD Vega Frontier
Mac
  1. iMac
Dear all,

I'd like to ask a question. I was following KGPs guide on building my second hackintosh, really thankful a lovely guide.
I was trying to use MaciASL to change the SSDT with the path provided by IO Registy.
But I'm not really sure if this is all that needs to be done to get the dual fe working correctly. Somehow anytime I use both cards for exporting via resolve it crashes. I can use both separate from each other with no conflicts, also my PSU is fine with 1200W.

So I'm guessing it has something to do with the ssdt or a dual setup? Has anyone else tried a dual frontier setup and build a valid ssdt?

My board is the X299 Designare EX.

Kind regards

Having the same issues - did you resolve it?
cheers

Wondering if someone would be able to help me update the SSDT-X299-Vega-Frontier.aml to add my dual Vega FE to Slot 4 of the Asus x299 Deluxe. Pulled from the KGP x299 Guide. Trying to get my performance up a bit, and hoping this may help.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-Vega-Fontier.aml
    707 bytes · Views: 98
With a little searching I was able to get someones Dual VEGA64.aml and modify it for the Frontier Edition. Seems to have given me that little GPU bump I so desired.

With and without WhatEverGreen I still have the Slot show as PCI Slot 6@103,0,0 and PCI Slot 4@25,0,0. Is there something wrong with my AML? Though purely cosmetic, still bugs me.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 9.21.30 PM.jpg

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-Dual-Vega-Fontier.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back