Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! There is a way to change the integrated wireless card from asus x299 prime deluxe?

Hi Guys, Just made it here and I’m making the transfer from Catalina in clover to OC with Monterey, you have done an awesome job with x299 since KGB retire, I’m totally new in OC but finally got everything working with logic and protools. And it’s amazing, I still have some small details to polish. I discover that OpenCore Is more relax than Clover in much of the things, that sometimes the answer to a problem is so simple that I get lost trying to find a complex answer (like we used to in clover). The only two things that I’m working to finally fix are:

1. All video and audio application works fine, no problem, the only problem is; if I run geekbench the computer just simply turns off, but its also happening on Windows, so I think it’s a faulty Bios update or a bug in the latest version of GB.

2. Can you point me on what I’m doing wrong that the PCI tab does not appear on my “About this mac”?

And thanks again It’s an amazing job.

Hi everyone! There is a way to change the integrated wireless card from asus x299 prime deluxe?
Don’t know if someone already posted this but here we go.
Asus prime X299 Deluxe Apple wifi upgrade.
(Pretty much the same for all Asus x299 boards with integrated Wifi)
It’s simple but be careful:

You need:

• BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 2230 WiFi Card - Amazon
  • Phillip screwdriver
  • If you are going to use it with windows you need the Bootcamp Drivers.
Remember that you will be performing a hardware modification on your board, so have anti-static protection and be careful not to harm your board in the process.

Remove the board from your computer and disconnect any cables, ram, cooling etc. You don’t have to remove the processor.

6PyhvHygLnyYoCdqEEamGb-480-80.jpg

Underneath the board you will see the screws that holds the plastic cover with RGB.
boardbacminik.jpg

Remove the screws. Move to the side the plastic RGB panel and then carefully slide the connector off the board.
P1030311.jpg

Please put aside the plastic RGB cover :clap:.

Proceed to remove the wifi screws.
boardbacmini33k.jpg

And carefully pull the metal cartridge.

cartrige.jpg

Take out the information stickers to open the metal enclosure and you will find an M.2 Wifi card.

wifi-2.jpg

The card is in place with foam tape and a top anti static tape, Remove the antenna cables and careful detach the old wifi card from the foam tape.
Try not to brake too much the foam tape as you’re going to use it for the new card. You will only use 2 of the antenna cables, the 3rd one you are not going to use it.
8256_29_asus-prime-x299-deluxe-motherboard-review_full.jpg

Exchange the cards with the new one and then put the first 2 antennas back
Card123.fw.png

Assemble everything back and there you will have it.

boardbackio.jpg

Full with airdrop support.

Attachments

• Bootcamp win10-64 Divers.zip
    39.8 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Don’t know if someone already posted this but here we go.
Asus prime X299 Deluxe Apple wifi upgrade.
It’s simple but be careful:

You need:

• BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 2230 WiFi Card - Amazon
  • Phillip screwdriver
  • If you are going to use it with windows you need the Bootcamp Drivers.
Remember that you will be performing a hardware modification on your board, so have anti-static protection and be careful not to harm your board in the process.

Remove the board from your computer and disconnect any cables, ram, cooling etc. You don’t have to remove the processor.

View attachment 540797

Underneath the board you will see the screws that holds the plastic cover with RGB.
View attachment 540800

Remove the screws. Move to the side the plastic RGB panel and then carefully slide the connector off the board.
View attachment 540799

Please put aside the plastic RGB cover :clap:.

Proceed to remove the wifi screws.
View attachment 540801
And carefully pull the metal cartridge.

View attachment 540802

Take out the information stickers to open the metal enclosure and you will find an M.2 Wifi card.

View attachment 540803

The card is in place with foam tape and a top anti static tape, Remove the antenna cables and careful detach the old wifi card from the foam tape.
Try not to brake too much the foam tape as you’re going to use it for the new card. You will only use 2 of the antenna cables, the 3rd one you are not going to use it.
View attachment 540812

Exchange the cards with the new one and then put the first 2 antennas back
View attachment 540806

Assemble everything back and there you will have it.

View attachment 540807

Full with airdrop support.

Nice guide! Note this process is pretty much the same for all Asus x299 boards since the Wi-Fi card is removable

Nice guide! Note this process is pretty much the same for all Asus x299 boards since the Wi-Fi card is removable
Will edit with that note...

Hello guys, after reading numerous pages, I saw many OC EFI for Asus Prime, Deluxe, WS sage 10G, but there's no TUF mk1. Is there someone out there with TUF 1 OC EFI that has BSur working?

I'm currently running Hi Sierra on Clover using Asus TUF 1 mb, and would like to upgrade to BSur cos' many updated apps won't install on Hi Sierra.

My intention is to just replace the Clover EFI with OC, download BSur and run update from Hi Sierra. CPU is 7820x 8c16t and not using TB. Dual booting windows, so hopefully after upgrading, just a simple reboot would get things going again with min fuss.

Thank you in advance. :)

My intention is to just replace the Clover EFI with OC, download BSur and run update from Hi Sierra.:)
I don't want to prevent anyone from learning OpenCore… but have you considered updating Clover instead?

Hello guys, after reading numerous pages, I saw many OC EFI for Asus Prime, Deluxe, WS sage 10G, but there's no TUF mk1. Is there someone out there with TUF 1 OC EFI that has BSur working?

I'm currently running Hi Sierra on Clover using Asus TUF 1 mb, and would like to upgrade to BSur cos' many updated apps won't install on Hi Sierra.

My intention is to just replace the Clover EFI with OC, download BSur and run update from Hi Sierra. CPU is 7820x 8c16t and not using TB. Dual booting windows, so hopefully after upgrading, just a simple reboot would get things going again with min fuss.

Thank you in advance. :)

Like @etorix said you can try keeping clover but if you want OC you can try my BASE-EFI here and just copy over your existing USBMap and replace it. Pretty sure all Asus x299 boards have the same base setup to get it going.

I don't want to prevent anyone from learning OpenCore… but have you considered updating Clover instead?

Thanks. I'm no expert in Clover and likely will break something that's working fine. Would like to min time on troubleshooting. Best is to just update straight to BSur and with everything intact.

Like @etorix said you can try keeping clover but if you want OC you can try my BASE-EFI here and just copy over your existing USBMap and replace it. Pretty sure all Asus x299 boards have the same base setup to get it going.

Thanks. You mentioned this EFI is for newest BIOS, I'm sticking to 2002 at the moment cause I read the later versions have some kinks somehow. Is it still good to start with yours on 2002 or must I update BIOS to 3105?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back