Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @djlild7hina !

I got the furthest with your BASE-EFI, was able to select Big Sur in the bootloader, it ran showed some code on the screen for a bit and now I'm stuck at this window, not sure what it is or why it is but it flashes from one logo to the next. Any thoughts?

View attachment 537600View attachment 537601
This most likely means the USB bus has been deactivated or the USB port you’re using is inactive. Check if LEDs on keyboard/mouse are on or off. Do not use both XhciPortLimit kernel quirk and USBInjectAll at the same time (during installation). Also move keyboard/mouse to a black USB 2 port.

@CaseySJ @djlild7hina

Worked like a charm! Changed the usb port for the keyboard/mouse, got through the install fairly easily and am now up and running (for the most part). Wifi/Bluetooth and some USB's aren't working but other than that it's running great. I haven't had the time to look into it yet but will update once I get a chance.

Just wanted to express my thanks, I make a new build every few years and without the help and insights from experts like you this would be a task of sorrowful futility.

@CaseySJ @djlild7hina

Worked like a charm! Changed the usb port for the keyboard/mouse, got through the install fairly easily and am now up and running (for the most part). Wifi/Bluetooth and some USB's aren't working but other than that it's running great. I haven't had the time to look into it yet but will update once I get a chance.

Just wanted to express my thanks, I make a new build every few years and without the help and insights from experts like you this would be a task of sorrowful futility.
Glad to hear it. Regarding WiFi/BT, a Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200 is plug-and-play compatible with no changes needed to config.plist. USB port mapping is very important, and there are several guides for this in the Post-Installation section of the forum, including this one:
Remember that Bluetooth operates over USB, so it is necessary to include the correct USB port and set its type to 255 (Internal).

Hello there! The installer of Big Sur stuck here. like in photo

Attachments

• BigSur Installer.jpeg
    BigSur Installer.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 62
See on the first page : here ressources : #2 there are compatible linked and shared EFIs

Hi, I have lost patience with the bugged Gigabyte X299X and I want to change, does anyone have experience with the Asus Prime X299 edition 30?
Works well? Thunderbolt work?
The overclocking performance?

Alternatively, what is the best option? Basically I need the Thunderbolt connection and very good overclocking performance.

Anyone have the Maple Ridge Controller working on ASUS Sage X299 motherboards? Tried it out the other day with my titan ridge SSDT, but I only got Displayport passthrough, no thunderbolt. In searching the forum I am only finding posts from people on TonyMac with built-in thunderbolt motherboard and not the GC-Maple Ridge AIC.

The HackinDROM website does not yet have a GC-Maple Ridge template SSDT...

MapleRidge, either onboard or AIC, is discussed in the Z690 threads, but it is still a work in progress. If you need Thunderbolt, stick to Titan Ridge for now.

I updated to from Opencore 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 , and after that, audio doesn't work anymore. I left all default values and tried updating AudioALC.kext driver without success. Does someone know what's wrong in my setup?

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-13 a las 15.08.18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back