Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMac Pro uses Xeon W-21XX C4XX Skylake chips, Mac Pro uses W-32XX C6xx Cascade Lake chips. Reality is: they are the same microarchitecture for 99% of it and macOS handles them same way (XCPM included). You'll get no issues with MacPro7,1 and, imo, it's more straightforward too, given Mac Pro accepts PCIe GPUs just like our custom built PCs. Just map your memory banks like I did (or use restrict events kext).

Also it looks cooler to have a Mac Pro ;)

populate_value_from_memory_descriptor for root hash failed: 22
apfs_extract_root_hash and manifest failledwith error: invalid argument(22)

Block on install , what's issue?

Is it save to upgrade to Big Sur with my System?
Only thing that is a bit annoying at the moment is the System Clock issues I got on Catalina.
So I always need to edit my Clock, it's always off..

Attached my EFI for:

Prime X299-A II + 9980XE + 6800XT

I don't use WEG, I removed Device Properties for my build (a part from audio layout), I removed my serials, USB map works flawless and I got all ports working (god bless multiple controllers), all debug features deactivated, no NVMEFix due to incompatibility with Intel Optane SSD, secure boot disabled, Memory Map is for my config 4x16GB 3600 MHz (adjust according to yours).

Glad to help, ask me if u got doubts.

Hey pieropontra, I used your efi as a base for my Big Sur upgrade. Successfully made it through but I’m seeing a KP after I login or as soon as the login appears. All google searches suggest it’s a TSC sync issue but I’ve tried TSCAdjustReset.kext and cputscsync.kext to no avail. Any thoughts here? Appreciate any pointers.

If it helps, here's a recent log:

Attachments

• opencore-2021-09-29-004148.txt
    256 KB · Views: 52
Alright guys, new issue that I am beating my head against a wall on. Can't seem to get TB hot-plug to work. I've read everyone's guides on ACPI patching and I think I've done it correctly. Screenshots below (IOReg says PEGP no, but without SSDT it says SL0C):

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 4.15.00 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 4.14.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 4.14.14 PM.png
    470.6 KB · Views: 43
Alright guys, new issue that I am beating my head against a wall on. Can't seem to get TB hot-plug to work. I've read everyone's guides on ACPI patching and I think I've done it correctly. Screenshots below (IOReg says PEGP no, but without SSDT it says SL0C):

View attachment 529994

The SSDT isn't loaded properly, you'll need to set status of Scope PEGP to Zero too.

Here is mine (written a little differently but you can basically copy/paste your Scope (SL0C) and replace (SL0C) to (PEGP)
Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 11.14.51 AM.png

@pieropontra Hi mate. Helping a friend that got a replacement mobo for his hack. He had mine (your old), and got it replaced by a prime-a II. Gonna install it and configure it today. Was there any difference in terms of bios en OC settings, compared to version 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back