Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a perfect working 0.7.3 + Big Sur but not at my computer atm, will share it with you tomorrow, ok?
That would be awesome, thank you!

That would be awesome, thank you!

I'll be interested to check it out too - I've got my computer back now and am quite a few releases behind, its overdue some upgrades! Will probably get around to it at the weekend (also need to re do my USB map...)

Attached my EFI for:

Prime X299-A II + 9980XE + 6800XT

I don't use WEG, I removed Device Properties for my build (a part from audio layout), I removed my serials, USB map works flawless and I got all ports working (god bless multiple controllers), all debug features deactivated, no NVMEFix due to incompatibility with Intel Optane SSD, secure boot disabled, Memory Map is for my config 4x16GB 3600 MHz (adjust according to yours).

Glad to help, ask me if u got doubts.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 100
Reactions: dez
Just got a 6900 XT and having an issue with multi monitor setup. The desired setup is two LG 24' monitors connected over thunderbolt. Previously I had a VEGA frontier edition, and that setup worked fine both after warm reboot and cold reboot with only those monitors connected.

I can get the setup to work if I boot with a 3rd monitor connected to HDMI and then disconnect that after login, then both TB monitors will stay working through warm reboots. HOWEVER, as soon as I do a full shutdown and cold boot, its lost the monitors and cannot properly get into MacOS (verified through Remote Desktop).

My diagnosis is that, on cold boots, the GPU is not properly initialized without the HDMI port active. (The thunderbolt monitors use the two display ports through the Titan Ridge card).

Any ideas here? Seems as though I probably just need a flag in OpenCore to spoof the display on HDMI during boot or something.

@eiriasemrys -- have you tried using the bootarg agdpmod=pikera?

Just got a 6900 XT and having an issue with multi monitor setup. The desired setup is two LG 24' monitors connected over thunderbolt. Previously I had a VEGA frontier edition, and that setup worked fine both after warm reboot and cold reboot with only those monitors connected.

I can get the setup to work if I boot with a 3rd monitor connected to HDMI and then disconnect that after login, then both TB monitors will stay working through warm reboots. HOWEVER, as soon as I do a full shutdown and cold boot, its lost the monitors and cannot properly get into MacOS (verified through Remote Desktop).

My diagnosis is that, on cold boots, the GPU is not properly initialized without the HDMI port active. (The thunderbolt monitors use the two display ports through the Titan Ridge card).

Any ideas here? Seems as though I probably just need a flag in OpenCore to spoof the display on HDMI during boot or something.

Attached my EFI for:

Prime X299-A II + 9980XE + 6800XT

I don't use WEG, I removed Device Properties for my build (a part from audio layout), I removed my serials, USB map works flawless and I got all ports working (god bless multiple controllers), all debug features deactivated, no NVMEFix due to incompatibility with Intel Optane SSD, secure boot disabled, Memory Map is for my config 4x16GB 3600 MHz (adjust according to yours).

Glad to help, ask me if u got doubts.
Thank you, this is working great from what I can tell so far. The only thing I am trying to fix now is simply that my boot up screen resolution is a bit large for my monitors. I was going through the config.plist and the latest O.C. documentation to figure out what I need to change where. I'm not terribly worried since it's just an esthetic issue, but I'd love to figure it out.

Also, I'm curious, why aren't you using WEG? I thought it was recommended if not mandatory.

Thank you, this is working great from what I can tell so far. The only thing I am trying to fix now is simply that my boot up screen resolution is a bit large for my monitors. I was going through the config.plist and the latest O.C. documentation to figure out what I need to change where. I'm not terribly worried since it's just an esthetic issue, but I'd love to figure it out.

Also, I'm curious, why aren't you using WEG? I thought it was recommended if not mandatory.
I'm not using WEG since it's basically useless on MacPro7,1 SMBIOS which is already tailored for PCI video cards and no iGPU at all, so... let macOS do its job without messing with DRMs for example or bootargs.

Regarding boot animation resolution, change this in config.plist:

NVRAM > Add > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 > UIScale > write "01" instead of "02"

I use 02 since I got 4K screens and I prefer a scaled up resolution.

Regarding boot animation resolution, change this in config.plist:

NVRAM > Add > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 > UIScale > write "01" instead of "02"

Perfect, that did the trick. Thank you again!

I'm using the iMac Pro definition since as rustEswan pointed out seems the closest to the i9 CPU's that we're using, but perhaps I should reconsider?

Perfect, that did the trick. Thank you again!

I'm using the iMac Pro definition since as rustEswan pointed out seems the closest to the i9 CPU's that we're using, but perhaps I should reconsider?
iMac Pro uses Xeon W-21XX C4XX Skylake chips, Mac Pro uses W-32XX C6xx Cascade Lake chips. Reality is: they are the same microarchitecture for 99% of it and macOS handles them same way (XCPM included). You'll get no issues with MacPro7,1 and, imo, it's more straightforward too, given Mac Pro accepts PCIe GPUs just like our custom built PCs. Just map your memory banks like I did (or use restrict events kext).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back