Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang,

Any advice on trying to do the latest security update on Catalina?

I download, restart, and it just doesn't take! OC Picker only shows my main boot drive.
Very strange because I've done plenty of updates this way with no issues...

Please advise!

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.32.15 PM.png

EDIT:

Temporarily disabling SIP by changing csr-active-config to 67000000 worked!

Last edited:
I keep seeing "ocs:failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty>as type integer context playchime" during start up.....

And yes, I have chance it to "String" and set it to Auto.... but still keep seeing this.... not that it affect the operations, but... it annoying.....

Can anyone please help??

I keep seeing "ocs:failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty>as type integer context playchime" during start up.....

And yes, I have chance it to "String" and set it to Auto.... but still keep seeing this.... not that it affect the operations, but... it annoying.....

Can anyone please help??
compare your config,plist with the sample.plist from opencore download

I've said the same thing too, now shopping for the Xeon 3rd gen. :lol:
I’ve only seen some low profile reviews for them, some weird benchmarks showing pretty poor single threaded performance. Did you spot some more comprehensive stuff? Thanks.

compare your config,plist with the sample.plist from opencore download

Ha Ha! It happened due to the computer starts from CCC disk's EFI with the unchanged config.plist.... gone into Bios and set the proper start disk. and it is ok now.

My system can't boot with OC 0.7.3. Have to revert to 0.7.2.... Anyone have the same issue?

My system can't boot with OC 0.7.3. Have to revert to 0.7.2.... Anyone have the same issue?
there are several changes in OC 0.7.3 look to the documents and sample.plist ...

there are several changes in OC 0.7.3 look to the documents and sample.plist ...
Thanks! Just read through, I used the older version of Propertree to do the snap shot. Hence the problem. Everything works fine now.

I wonder if @rustEswan or someone else with an Asus Prime X299- A II would be so kind to share their OC 0.7.3 config.plist? I'm trying to update OC from 0.6.8 to 0.7.3 and having one hell of a hard time getting it to work. Keep getting weird "borked" error messages on startup despite me trying to update my new config.plist. to match the old one as closely as possible. Thanks!

I wonder if @rustEswan or someone else with an Asus Prime X299- A II would be so kind to share their OC 0.7.3 config.plist? I'm trying to update OC from 0.6.8 to 0.7.3 and having one hell of a hard time getting it to work. Keep getting weird "borked" error messages on startup despite me trying to update my new config.plist. to match the old one as closely as possible. Thanks!
I got a perfect working 0.7.3 + Big Sur but not at my computer atm, will share it with you tomorrow, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back