Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CaseySJ do you recommend any other firmware to try for X299 boards and GC-Titan Ridge v1.0 cards? It seems the XHC tree doesn't show up with Z390 firmware
On my Gigabyte Z390 Designare I still have a GC-Titan Ridge (v1.0) with modified NVM 33 that works quite well in both Big Sur and Monterey.

Some questions:
  • Do Thunderbolt devices connect and work?
  • Does hot plug work for Thunderbolt devices?
  • Regarding XHC:
    • Does it show up after a cold boot?
    • Does it show up after a warm reboot?

On my Gigabyte Z390 Designare I still have a GC-Titan Ridge (v1.0) with modified NVM 33 that works quite well in both Big Sur and Monterey.

Some questions:
  • Do Thunderbolt devices connect and work?
  • Does hot plug work for Thunderbolt devices?
  • Regarding XHC:
    • Does it show up after a cold boot?
    • Does it show up after a warm reboot?

Thanks for the response!

I only tried a CalDigit dock and it worked.
Haven't tried hot plug yet.

XHC does not show up at all in ioreg, and neither do any devices when I plug it in.

I used the Z390 Aorus Extreme firmware, maybe I can try the Z390 Designare?

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 2.44.20 PM.png

Thanks for the response!

XHC does not show up at all in ioreg, and neither do any devices when I plug it in.

View attachment 526376
Yes please try the Z390 Designare NVM 33.

hello friends.

a couple of days ago I posted an help request. I couldn't set up my EFI to install 11.5.1 update. I found the solution on another forum (many thanks "joedm ru" from insanelymac!). so, I've decided to share my new EFI as it could help those with a config similar to mine (bios version: 3406). by the way, I must thank @djlild7hina. invaluable work.

note to asus ws x299 pro users: in 11.4, apple updated the lan driver com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.kext. it's not compatible with asus ws x299 pro ethernet interface. this causes the system to block during the update from 11.3.1. you just need to override the new driver with the old one, "AppleIntelI210Ethernet".

to conclude, suggestions to improve this EFI are welcome.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thanks for the response!

Just to follow-up, here is my GC-Titan Ridge (RP21) under macOS Monterey. It's running the modified NVM33 from Designare Z390. We can see that XHC3.RHUB has both SSP1 and SSP2 that connect USB 3.x devices. But HS01 and HS02 that connect USB 2.x devices are missing. This does not really bother me because I don't connect USB 2.x devices into those ports.
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.39.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.39.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.39.11 PM.png

hello friends.

a couple of days ago I posted an help request. I couldn't set up my EFI to install 11.5.1 update. I found the solution on another forum (many thanks "joedm ru" from insanelymac!). so, I've decided to share my new EFI as it could help those with a config similar to mine (bios version: 3406). by the way, I must thank @djlild7hina. invaluable work.

note to asus ws x299 pro users: in 11.4, apple updated the lan driver com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.kext. it's not compatible with asus ws x299 pro ethernet interface. this causes the system to block during the update from 11.3.1. you just need to override the new driver with the old one, "AppleIntelI210Ethernet".

to conclude, suggestions to improve this EFI are welcome.

Glad you figured this out! Sorry didn’t have a chance to look at your post earlier

Will try this and report back. @djlild7hina also has found out that newer BIOS for some reason doesn't show the XHC tree in the SAGE 10/G series. I'm going to report to ASUS right after I try NVM33.

Will try this and report back. @djlild7hina also has found out that newer BIOS for some reason doesn't show the XHC tree in the SAGE 10/G series. I'm going to report to ASUS right after I try NVM33.
Oh yes, the newer BIOS (with Resizeable BAR Support) will kill USB on Thunderbolt. So number one action item would be to downgrade the BIOS.

I’ll also run some additional tests. One thing I noticed is my Caldigit TS3 plus isn’t recognized on cold boot but after a restart the drivers load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back