Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone help..... my x299 sometime hang for no reason.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 10.13.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 10.13.01 PM.png
    509.3 KB · Views: 45
hello everybody! I can't understand why I cannot upgrade to 11.5 or Monterey beta. I post here my EFI, hoping somebody can help me. it works up to 11.3.1 version (couldn't test 11.4). my rig is: Asus ws x299 pro, i9 9960x, 8x8GB corsair ram (CMW64GX4M8C3200C16), MSI Vega 64 air boost. bios version is 3303 from shinoki7's GitHub (I've also tried 3306, no success). settings in .txt file. I made my own usbmap kext. many thanks.

Attachments

• bios.txt
    25.8 KB · Views: 61
  • EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
hello everybody! I can't understand why I cannot upgrade to 11.5 or Monterey beta. I post here my EFI, hoping somebody can help me. it works up to 11.3.1 version (couldn't test 11.4). my rig is: Asus ws x299 pro, i9 9960x, 8x8GB corsair ram (CMW64GX4M8C3200C16), MSI Vega 64 air boost. bios version is 3303 from shinoki7's GitHub (I've also tried 3306, no success). settings in .txt file. I made my own usbmap kext. many thanks.
missing config.plist

also BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext is not supported and will stop your machine from booting

also this is a Big Sur thread, try posting here:

Last edited:
missing config.plist

also BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext is not supported and will stop your machine from booting

also this is a Big Sur thread, try posting here:
thank you @Feartech !
please, would you take a look to my config.plist?

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.6 KB · Views: 47
thank you @Feartech !
please, would you take a look to my config.plist?
already told you what the issue was above, also post in the other thread if you are using Monterey

already told you what the issue was above, also post in the other thread if you are using Monterey
thank you.
I'm not using Monterey by now. I just tried that EFI with the beta.
I'll try to update without those kexts.

thank you.
I'm not using Monterey by now. I just tried that EFI with the beta.
I'll try to update without those kexts.
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext works fine with Big Sur

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext works fine with Big Sur
mr. @Feartech, I tried to update from 11.3.1 to 11.5 using the EFI I posted before. no success. I can't understand why. this is the reason I wrote before...

mr. @Feartech, I tried to update from 11.3.1 to 11.5 using the EFI I posted before. no success. I can't understand why. this is the reason I wrote before...
you mentioned trying to upgrade to Monterey beta which is why i mentioned about BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext not compatible

you also have not mentioned why you cannot upgrade, what is stopping you? why no verbose output image?

you mentioned trying to upgrade to Monterey beta which is why i mentioned about BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext not compatible

you also have not mentioned why you cannot upgrade, what is stopping you? why no verbose output image?
you're right, sorry. I should have explained better.
I download the OTA upgrade package and launch it. it reboots and it stucks with the apple logo and the loading bar more or less at 80 %.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back