Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Pay close attention to the SSDT-RHUB-Reset, SSDT-GPRW and the associated ACPI patch in the config.plist - without these I had issues with sleep and disappearing ASmedia USB controllers. They seem inter-related and I wasn't sure if the ASmedia USB was preventing sleep or sleep was breaking USB but further investigation led to this fix and it has since behaved perfectly.
Well, I checked and noticed this line. My older X299-A has the same ASM3142 chip as yours newer X299-A II but I haven't had any issues with sleep/wake without needing these SSDTs, have you figure it out how to boot and sleep/wake without them?

Guys, how day you map USB ports now that XHCIPortLimit Quirk is gone? Is Hackintool still able to generate a kext without it?

Last edited:
Well, I checked and noticed this line. My older X299-A has the same ASM3142 chip as yours newer X299-A II but I haven't had any issues with sleep/wake without needing these SSDTs, have you figure it out how to boot and sleep/wake without them?

I never had any problems with the ASM3142 on any of my other boards - The MSI X299 Pro and Aorus Ultra Gaming Pro have the same chip but neither of those need any patches so it must be something specific to this board rather than the inclusion of the chip itself - to be honest I just followed the Dortania troubleshooting guide for sleep/wake issues and as soon as I added those patches it worked beautifully and I never turned back.

When I eventually get me machine back I might take another look, but if it works as they as say... don't 'fix' it. :lol:

I never had any problems with the ASM3142 on any of my other boards - The MSI X299 Pro and Aorus Ultra Gaming Pro have the same chip but neither of those need any patches so it must be something specific to this board rather than the inclusion of the chip itself - to be honest I just followed the Dortania troubleshooting guide for sleep/wake issues and as soon as I added those patches it worked beautifully and I never turned back.

When I eventually get me machine back I might take another look, but if it works as they as say... don't 'fix' it. :lol:
I suspect it could be something wrong with USBMap kext! I’m really interested in this board, but I could also steal a X299 Edition 30 for 399€. I’m really in doubt, I’m fine with X299-A ver. 1 but (as pretty much every gen. 1 X299 boards) VRMs tend to get really hot.

I suspect it could be something wrong with USBMap kext! I’m really interested in this board, but I could also steal a X299 Edition 30 for 399€. I’m really in doubt, I’m fine with X299-A ver. 1 but (as pretty much every gen. 1 X299 boards) VRMs tend to get really hot.

How much is the X299 Ver 2 and how much can you sell yours for? If the price difference is worth it to you, the Edition 30 looks pretty nice. Although if you do want to end up flashing your Thunderbolt it will be a little difficult since the chip is on the actual board.

How much is the X299 Ver 2 and how much can you sell yours for? If the price difference is worth it to you, the Edition 30 looks pretty nice. Although if you do want to end up flashing your Thunderbolt it will be a little difficult since the chip is on the actual board.
I can sell my ver. 1 for 100/150 - X299-A 2 is 330€ new / 210€ Amazon Warehouse Deals - X299 Edition 30 is 399€ new

Given the fact I only apply a bit of overclock to boost single threaded stuffs in 2 and 4 cores usage, probably my ver. 1 is plenty capable to stay with me for a bit longer. All this thoughts bounced in my head since I fried a 1000W Platinum PSU a couple of days ago and my machine is currently unviable (waiting for a new PSU to arrive). I thought initially that motherboard fried the PSU, but actually I think that’s impossible, a PSU can burn a board and not the opposite right?. I tested with a different PSU (borrowed) and system works. Could be the 24 pin cable being fried? It’s unusual to burn a cable but I haven’t tested it since the borrowed psu wasn’t modular.

When my container finishes crossing the Indian Ocean I’ll take a look into it - you could be right. :)

At least with either with a an updated USBmap or the patches we know it can work well.
I guess it depends on the price you can get it for and your other plans for TB or overclocking (VRM temps) :thumbup:

Another Update of my EFI-Folder for ASRock X299E-ITX/ac using OpenCore 0.7.1.

This time i switched to MacPo7,1 system definition and removed WhatEverGreen.kext.
RX Vega 56 and 6800 XT both work without it.
The switch was worth it!

This EFI is tested on Big Sur 11.4 on ASRock X299E-ITX/ac with i7-7820X, RX Vega 56 as well as RX 6800 XT and Apple WiFi card in the WiFi card slot on the board.

Notes:
- Platforminfo is anonymised and has to be filled with your own values
- HideAuxiliary is enabled, so not all partitions show up
- simple Bootpicker with indefinite timeout
- the SMC kexts for temps and stuff aren't included
- custom USB mapping kext adjusted for MacPro7,1 system definition
- RestrictEvents.kext added to eleminate the RAM-warning on MacPro7,1 system definition
- TSCAdjustReset.kext has to be adjusted to the cores used on your cpu

Attachments

• EFI_OC_0.7.1.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
Another Update of my EFI-Folder for ASRock X299E-ITX/ac using OpenCore 0.7.1.

This time i switched to MacPo7,1 system definition and removed WhatEverGreen.kext.
RX Vega 56 and 6800 XT both work without it.
The switch was worth it!

This EFI is tested on Big Sur 11.4 on ASRock X299E-ITX/ac with i7-7820X, RX Vega 56 as well as RX 6800 XT and Apple WiFi card in the WiFi card slot on the board.

Notes:
- Platforminfo is anonymised and has to be filled with your own values
- HideAuxiliary is enabled, so not all partitions show up
- simple Bootpicker with indefinite timeout
- the SMC kexts for temps and stuff aren't included
- custom USB mapping kext adjusted for MacPro7,1 system definition
- RestrictEvents.kext added to eleminate the RAM-warning on MacPro7,1 system definition
- TSCAdjustReset.kext has to be adjusted to the cores used on your cpu
Very nice! You can also refer to this post to properly map the ram so you can avoid RestrictEvents.kext

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...en-7-3700x-amd-rx-5600-xt.304553/post-2246642

Yes, on Sage 10G i have the video card in slot 5 because otherwise it covers the slot 2 that i use for thunderbolt.
I've never had any problems: both with the Radeon VII and now with the 6900 XT. It works perfectly.

I tested with WhateverGreen disabled and changed the GPU slot. This does not change anything. I still have the problem.

I discovered that Mac OS does not crash completely.
If I run a stress test with CineBench the 3D rendering (CPU) continues. The mouse and the keyboard don't work anymore and the date and time of OSX stays blocked.
( I have not yet been able to do a USBmap ) but if I just lost the USB ports the date and time would not be blocked, no ?

Do you guys think Slot 3 will work ok too for the GPU?

The manual states Slot 3 is also x16. Since this board has PLX switches, would lower slots cause issues down the line? Probably not but just curious before I reroute the tubing.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 10.54.21 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back