Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom of the motherboard you have several buttons, from left to right, Power, Reset, two-digit display, red button and black button, when this memory error appears, press the black button and the system will restart without errors, Regards.
Thank you WC, but when I tried it, still did the same thing:

CODE: 2D Detect Memory

So, I believe it may be the Mobo itself. I finally got a call from Asus tech support and they told me to send the Mobo back for testing. If you (or anyone) have another suggestion, please let me know, thanks.

The good thing is I do have a third Mobo that I can use, but I would HATE to have to take everything apart (drain the water-looped system and all the PETG water-cooling parts), to get the Mobo out and put in the new one. But it looks like that may have to happen. Oh well...

How to solve this problem?
that could be for various reasons, if it boots macos and it's working I doubt it's macos related (even if it could be a cpu power management problem still), just boot in windows if you can and rebench it to compare.

I'm incline to think it's a thermal issue, check your cooler for proper mounting and your BIOS for CPU setup (clocks, voltages etc.)

anyone here has any experience using Thunderbolt controllers on the latest boards which have them integrate without actually requiring a pci card? I remember a while ago about reading of Gigabyte model board with native compatibility with macos for TB3.

Thank you WC, but when I tried it, still did the same thing:

CODE: 2D Detect Memory

So, I believe it may be the Mobo itself. I finally got a call from Asus tech support and they told me to send the Mobo back for testing. If you (or anyone) have another suggestion, please let me know, thanks.

The good thing is I do have a third Mobo that I can use, but I would HATE to have to take everything apart (drain the water-looped system and all the PETG water-cooling parts), to get the Mobo out and put in the new one. But it looks like that may have to happen. Oh well...
Before you disassemble the motherboard, try this:

Update the bios again, after updating, start up and press the red button, (CLEAR CMOS), in the next restart enter the bios and load the default values, save and in the next restart load your custom values, save and reboot. If in any of these steps you get the Memory error, press the black button (Memory OK) and follow the process, if this does not work, it may be the motherboard.

I reset clock voltage cpu is 45 celcius cooler working it's NXZT 2 fan push pull on windows nothing anormal
same geekbench points in windows?

My motherboard goes for a blinking power button led after some minutes of sleep mode, this is new and started happening after I switched to 6800XT + updated bios. I already tried to revert back to previous bios and it’s the same. I read that board power button blinking is a power issue, I doubt it’s the psu since at cold boot everything is ok and if it was the psu then it should never turn on. It occurs both windows and macOS sleeping, for a few mins the systems stays sleep and then awakes if you touch it, but if you let it sleep fo a while, then everything shuts off, led blinks and you cannot awake it, I have to switch power completely unplugged to let it reboot normally. This is crazy. Anyone has hints? If I fried something then it shouldn’t boot / power on again, that’s why I suspect is something else. Already tried with latest and previous bios, no Q-Code showing on the board, I already done a CMOS reset and put off battery. Nothing…

EDIT: I think I solved. A rubbish m2 to pci adapter was causing this. Hope I solved

Last edited:
Removed this from my github since I no longer have the TBEX 4 but here were my observations:

For Thunderbolt 4, currently the only available Thunderbolt 4 PCIe card is the ASUS ThunderboltEX 4. (Not true anymore since the Gigabyte GC-Maple Ridge and ASRock Thunderbolt 4 AIC are out now)

Current Observations
Note these observations are based on the devices tested listed below. YMMV and issues I'm running into may just be due to these devices.
* Initially ran into issues where card was causing kernel panics in macOS and error code 62 on reboots. Found this issue on the latest BIOS with resizable bar support. Downgraded BIOS to 3302 and the card works normally.
* Thunderbolt header may not necessarily be needed or jumped. macOS recognizes the card on boot without a header plugged in.
* The 6 pin power and USB 2.0 internal cable have to be connected.
* Thunderbolt settings have to be enabled in BIOS. The device loaded in a different slot with Thunderbolt disabled but it showed 'No driver installed'.
* SSDT is required for device to be recognized.

What Works
* Thunderbolt 3 hot-plug
* USB 2.0 hot-plug/cold-plug
* USB 3.1 Gen 2 hot-plug/cold-plug
* Sleep

What Doesn't Work
* Thunderbolt 3 cold/warm boot

Devices Tested
* Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure (EC-T3NS)

To-Do
* Extract original firmware and try installing custom firmware for Thunderbolt Local Node support. (no custom firmware yet since macOS doesn't have Maple Ridge drivers)
I have a Mobo with Maple Ridge chip.
What kind of SSDT or patch did you use ?

Last edited:
Before you disassemble the motherboard, try this:

Update the bios again, after updating, start up and press the red button, (CLEAR CMOS), in the next restart enter the bios and load the default values, save and in the next restart load your custom values, save and reboot. If in any of these steps you get the Memory error, press the black button (Memory OK) and follow the process, if this does not work, it may be the motherboard.
Well, I updated the BIOS to 3403 (the most current one), and still the same issue. I appreciate your input to at least try. So I'm going to have to take everything apart and use the backup Mobo. I'll be sending the other one back to Asus and they'll send me a replacement. I'll keep you updated when I put in the other one. Enjoy your 4th, if your here in the states!

Happy OpenCore day! Released a new BASE-EFI for OC 0.7.1. More BASE-EFI info located here and Dortania July Update here.

Changes
Bootloader / Kexts:
* Lilu 1.5.4
* AppleALC 1.6.2
* VirtualSMC 1.2.5
* WhateverGreen 1.5.1
* RestrictEvents 1.0.3
* NVMeFix 1.0.9
* IntelMausi 1.0.7
* Replaced CpuTscSync.kext with TSCAdjustReset.kext for macOS Monterey support (CpuTscSync.kext is currently incompatible)

config.plist Changes:
* Uncheck DisableIoMapper for AppleVTD support
* Removed iMacPro1,1 config.plist

Attachments

• DJ7-OC071-BASEEFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back