Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did use once the Asus Sage x299 NON 10G model. Great board.
BUT it has one ridiculous flaw. No USB 2.0 internal header for the broadcom native bluetooth. I had to connect it through some funny internal hub or routing external USB 2.0 ports.
Does the 2 x 10G Ethernet works well?
It also doesn't have integrated Thunderbolt 3.

How about the PRIME X299-DELUXE II?
- Does Thunderbolt 3 work well?
- Does the Aquantia 5Gbps LAN work well?
- Does the integrated Intel WiFi work well replacing the broadcom?
PRIME X299-DELUXE II

Thunderbolt 3 WORKS!
Aquantia 5Gbps LAN not work for me (i have 10gb asus card)
integrated Intel WiFi work well replacing the broadcom? (i dont need WIFI so can't help)

@djlild7hina mate, just a quick question: afayk all asus bioses for all models have solved MSR Lock issue? recent ones let you disable it and actually let you boot? what about NVRAM? I found a man interested in my Prime X299-A for a really high price and here in Italy is not difficult to find recent X299 Asuses with better VRMs. I would be able to buy even a C621 64L Sage for 400€!!! That's Crazy! I'd have to buy a chinese Xeon-W anyway, in west they're really expensive. So, to sum up, NVRAM and MSR Locks issues are solved in vanilla UEFI bioses for Asus boards in X299 and C621 lines?

Obviously everyone feel free to answer, I'm not interested in "Prime" boards, if I have to change maybe it's worth it to make an extra step and go to Sage Workstation cards?! Basically I need a new, X299 (or C621 ihihih), asus board that doesn't need to patch bios and have working native NVRAM which has als the internal usb header for BT/WiFi.

@djlild7hina mate, just a quick question: afayk all asus bioses for all models have solved MSR Lock issue? recent ones let you disable it and actually let you boot? what about NVRAM? I found a man interested in my Prime X299-A for a really high price and here in Italy is not difficult to find recent X299 Asuses with better VRMs. I would be able to buy even a C621 64L Sage for 400€!!! That's Crazy! I'd have to buy a chinese Xeon-W anyway, in west they're really expensive. So, to sum up, NVRAM and MSR Locks issues are solved in vanilla UEFI bioses for Asus boards in X299 and C621 lines?

Obviously everyone feel free to answer, I'm not interested in "Prime" boards, if I have to change maybe it's worth it to make an extra step and go to Sage Workstation cards?! Basically I need a new, X299 (or C621 ihihih), asus board that doesn't need to patch bios and have working native NVRAM which has als the internal usb header for BT/WiFi.

I have no experience with C621 so cant comment but for X299 yes it's solved and native NVRAM

Also Monterey public beta is out! I went ahead and started a thread here. We'll see if I regret keeping it up to date...:lol:

I have no experience with C621 so cant comment but for X299 yes it's solved and native NVRAM
So basically every Asus X299 board has working MSR no need to patch firmware? And every board has working NVRAM with no need to do strange things to install / update macOS? That’s great!!! This means one can choose an asus board just for personal tastes? This way a general EFI folder should be able to boot every Asus, correct?

Also Monterey public beta is out! I went ahead and started a thread here. We'll see if I regret keeping it up to date...:lol:

Oh I already see sleepless nights ahead! For all of us! Would be really great to share a beer someway somewhere everybody anyone thought of a FaceTime beer? Would be funny!

So basically every Asus X299 board has working MSR no need to patch firmware? And every board has working NVRAM with no need to do strange things to install / update macOS? That’s great!!! This means one can choose an asus board just for personal tastes? This way a general EFI folder should be able to boot every Asus, correct?

Oh I already see sleepless nights ahead! For all of us! Would be really great to share a beer someway somewhere everybody anyone thought of a FaceTime beer? Would be funny!

Yes, assuming you're on a recentish updated BIOS from I believe last year? or year before (cant' remember lol) it should boot up. That's why I have my BASE-EFI on my github :). Should be a good starting point for all ASUS X299 motherboards.

The Sage boards don't have any internal USB 2 unfortunately which is the only main gripe I have with it. I just run a USB cable from the back to the inside of my case but I feel they are the most solid ASUS X299 boards out of the bunch + M2./U.2 ports and 7 PCIe x16 slots

Don't forget native NVRAM is important.

The best board imo that's tried and true is SAGE/10G. It's rock solid and everyone I know of that has the board says nothing but good things about it.

Well, After installing the 6900 XT, I'm experiencing issues with startup as it's constantly giving me:

CODE: 20 Detect Memory

Now I know I don't have any issues with my memory, as it's been working fine before. So does anybody know what the issue might be? Could it be a BIOS setting that isn't set correctly? I've tested out each stick of memory on my identical backup system and every stick of RAM is working just fine.

In the meantime, I have to force shut it down and restart and then exit BIOS without saving to get it to start up properly each and every time. I hope there is a way around this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
At the bottom of the motherboard you have several buttons, from left to right, Power, Reset, two-digit display, red button and black button, when this memory error appears, press the black button and the system will restart without errors, Regards.

I did use once the Asus Sage x299 NON 10G model. Great board.
BUT it has one ridiculous flaw. No USB 2.0 internal header for the broadcom native bluetooth. I had to connect it through some funny internal hub or routing external USB 2.0 ports.
Does the 2 x 10G Ethernet works well?
It also doesn't have integrated Thunderbolt 3.

How about the PRIME X299-DELUXE II?
- Does Thunderbolt 3 work well?
- Does the Aquantia 5Gbps LAN work well?
- Does the integrated Intel WiFi work well replacing the broadcom?
Yes the lack of a USB 2.0 header is inconvenient - it is also absent from the Sage 10G board - but there are plenty of internal adapter cables available patch a USB 3.0 header to USB 2.0. The built-in 10G ethernet ports work great with the EEPROM mod which has to be done in Linux. You'll need the right kext but full detailed instructions are available to help you through the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back