Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I recently updated my open core to the latest version in order to update my big sur to 11.4. Everything went smoothly but since the update, i have lost most of my USB ports (3.0) even without changing anything in the ACPI folders or in my config.plist. It's weird because i had no such issue when upgrading from Mojave to Big Sur.

I'm on Asus Sage (not 10G) X299, i think i was using the EFI from another member on the forum but this is old and i can't exactly remember where it's coming from.

Hello everyone,

I recently updated my open core to the latest version in order to update my big sur to 11.4. Everything went smoothly but since the update, i have lost most of my USB ports (3.0) even without changing anything in the ACPI folders or in my config.plist. It's weird because i had no such issue when upgrading from Mojave to Big Sur.

I'm on Asus Sage (not 10G) X299, i think i was using the EFI from another member on the forum but this is old and i can't exactly remember where it's coming from.

Hello everyone,

If you mapped your USB ports previously, make sure you disable XhciPortLimit in your config.plist under Kernel-Quirks. and your USB kext is enabled under Kernel-Add

@djlild7hina @izo1 or anyone else. Does Resizable Bar still has to be disabled to boot macOS? Would be cool to get some extra performance in windows gaming

@djlild7hina @izo1 or anyone else. Does Resizable Bar still has to be disabled to boot macOS? Would be cool to get some extra performance in windows gaming

Yep has to be off. Maybe OpenCore team can figure out a way to have it disabled in macOS but it looks like a BIOS level adjustment.

Finally got around to adding the apple logo to the most recent BIOS release with Resizable bar support.

Files are located on my github here

Hello, does anyone experienced weird behavior in big sur like preferences not saved at restart, multi screens arrangement resets at boot or other kind of stuff looking like the os is unable to save some of the prefs at shutdown ? This wasn’t the case in mojave before i upgraded the OS. Can’t really find anything on that matter on the forum or google. I have just used the repairhomepermissions command in recovery and reinstalling the OS. I just hope this will fix this rather annoying issue.

Hello, does anyone experienced weird behavior in big sur like preferences not saved at restart, multi screens arrangement resets at boot or other kind of stuff looking like the os is unable to save some of the prefs at shutdown ? This wasn’t the case in mojave before i upgraded the OS. Can’t really find anything on that matter on the forum or google. I have just used the repairhomepermissions command in recovery and reinstalling the OS. I just hope this will fix this rather annoying issue.
possible nvram issue?

I had something similar too, not so often and nothing special, but sometimes my wallpaper reverts back to the default one after a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back