Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
This confirms that the Thunderbolt SSDT is loaded properly. SSDT-DTPG is ignored because Method DTGP exists somewhere else. This is okay.

I think this may be the only solution.

Yesterday I flashed NVM33 from Designare Z390 onto my GC-Titan Ridge v1.0 with excellent results in Big Sur. USB ports show up and they work, which is something that fails with DSM2 (NVM23) firmware.

I think I will just flash it with NVM33 and remove the power mod and move it back to Slot 2 and attach the TB cable. I have to move around the GPU/tubes.

The funny part is without TB3 SSDTs it does show up fine with no freezes.

I just don't have any TB3 devices to test, maybe I'll order something just to test.

It is showing 2x20 tho instead of 1x40 like it used to.

Yes, for a non-Slot 2 that would be shorting the 3+5 pin on the header. I've done a fair amount of messing with dual TR on SAGE/10G and the second card is always a bit problematic, including that freezing issue you noted. I could get the card to show properly in IOreg, but it didn't help stability.

I know first-hand how much of a pain it will be to re-route your liquid cooling, but I would really recommend that. It's a physical solution that will allow you to use the default TB method that we all know works (fairly) reliably. I thought there were single slot water cooled 6900 XT's? Are those only the OEM ones, and not aftermarket blocks?

Thanks! I'm probably going to do the above. It seems that no 6900XT waterblock is actually flat, although it's single slot.

The Radeon VII EK waterblock was completely flat so I could fit the TB3 card in slot 2 easily.

Also I mentioned above but with DSM2 firmware and no SSDTs for TB3 in a different slot and the power mod, it does show up. Just says 2x20 instead of 1x40 like it used to.

I kind of want to try a TB3 device to test without SSDTs in a different slot with this firmware just to see if it's something that works before I completely move the card which is a headache.

I don't even use TB3 that much I just wanted it to work just in case like it used to.

I also wonder if these blocks are flat, going to check the dimensions:

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm probably going to do the above. It seems that no 6900XT waterblock is actually flat, although it's single slot.

The Radeon VII EK waterblock was completely flat so I could fit the TB3 card in slot 2 easily.
I take it your case doesn't offer a side-mount option for a GPU? Then you could run a ribbon cable to it and not care if it was slightly more than 1 lane in thickness. Still requires re-doing the loop though. =/

Hello again, my configuration is based on the 3105 bios.

View attachment 522058
View attachment 522059

Slot 1: Sapphire Nitro + 6900XT
Slot 2: Covered by the graph
Slot 3: Covered by the graph
Slot 4: Asus card for 4 NVME disks
Slot 5: Wifi & Bluetooth Card
Slot 6: Gigabyte Titan Ridge v1 (no flash)

I am attaching my EFI folder, you just have to fill in the data marked "CHANGE" and the content of the "ROM" section

View attachment 522060
As you can see, my Thunderbolt card is in slot 6, if you want to use it in this slot, you will have to change the settings in the BIOS and then add the SSDT attached to the EFI / OC / ACPI folder after adding the SSDT, remember open the config.plist and use CONTROL + COMMAND + SHIFT + R, it will ask for the OC folder, point to it and then save the config.plist, this is done every time you change, move, remove or add a file in your EFI folder ( at least with ProperTree-Master) This also applies to the WiFI & Bluetooth card in slot 5, same process as in tb3

I do not have much knowledge in Hackintosh but I have done what I could, in what I can help you I will help you, I do not have much time because the work absorbs me a lot, but count on me, it took me a world to go from Clover to OC and I give thanks to many of the users here because if they would have been impossible.

Finally, I would also like to know if I have anything strange in my EFI, any leftover files, that I have to change or remove, thanks again.

P.D. I have left the EFI folder ready for you so that you only have to modify the data that I mentioned before, you tell me.
WOW! THANK YOU! This is definitely going to be homework for me, as I'm not too skilled in programming things. But I will take careful notice of EVERYTHING you so nicely put together!

I don't use thunderbolt right now or any other cards that would attach to the Mobo, just the GPU. So if I'm only using the PCIEX 16_1 slot for the GPU, I don't have to worry about deleting anything from what you set up in the config.plist, correct?

I will work on all of what you sent me later tonight when I'm done with work. I wil try to get all this done correctly. I might have questions later. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Last edited:
WOW! THANK YOU! This is definitely going to be homework for me, as I'm not too skilled in programming things. But I will take careful notice of EVERYTHING you so nicely put together!

I don't use thunderbolt right now or any other cards that would attach to the Mobo, just the GPU. So if I'm only using the PCIEX 16_1 slot for the GPU, I don't have to worry about deleting anything from what you set up in the config.plist, correct?

I will work on all of what you sent me later tonight when I'm done with work. I wil try to get all this done correctly. I might have questions later. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Ok, if you don't need any card it's simpler, you just have to fill in the gaps where it indicates "CHANGE" and the numbering of the "ROM" field, you can open your original config plist and copy the data to mine, with this, you should already be able to boot, in the BIOS remember to deactivate CSM and activate Above 4G, good luck!

I take it your case doesn't offer a side-mount option for a GPU? Then you could run a ribbon cable to it and not care if it was slightly more than 1 lane in thickness. Still requires re-doing the loop though. =/

It does have a side mount, as it's a Phanteks Evolv, but side mounting is a bit of a pain in general as I need to take out the PCIe cards behind it sometimes. I guess I can just move it to like slot 6 or whatever the lower slots are that are 16x.

It does have a side mount, as it's a Phanteks Evolv, but side mounting is a bit of a pain in general as I need to take out the PCIe cards behind it sometimes. I guess I can just move it to like slot 6 or whatever the lower slots are that are 16x.

Asus recommends Slot 1 and 5 for GPUs but anything in other slots will make them slots 2-7 x8 unfortunately. At least that’s how I understood the slot allocation lol

Ok, if you don't need any card it's simpler, you just have to fill in the gaps where it indicates "CHANGE" and the numbering of the "ROM" field, you can open your original config plist and copy the data to mine, with this, you should already be able to boot, in the BIOS remember to deactivate CSM and activate Above 4G, good luck!
With the BIOS info I got it, but with the other stuff, it just flew over my head when it came to: "...fill in the gaps where it indicates "CHANGE" and the numbering of the "ROM" field, you can open your original config plist and copy the data to mine..." So, do I need to do anything with your existing EFI folder, or leave it as it is and just change the BIOS info and try to start it? Thanks.

With the BIOS info I got it, but with the other stuff, it just flew over my head when it came to: "...fill in the gaps where it indicates "CHANGE" and the numbering of the "ROM" field, you can open your original config plist and copy the data to mine..." So, do I need to do anything with your existing EFI folder, or leave it as it is and just change the BIOS info and try to start it? Thanks.
try with the EFI as it is, if you want, publish your config.plist and I'll copy your data to my EFI folder although it is quite easy

anyone here got some experience with Maple Ridge TB4 card like the TBEX 4? Same hot plug / sleep issues as ever? I'd like to add it to my system if it works without flashing firmware or any kind of hardware trickery. Thanks to whoever has some hints!

I have seen that you have a 16 core processor, mine is 18, do you know how to edit the TSCAdjustReset.kext?

I include the modified TSCAdjustReset.kext for your team, you just have to delete the old one (EFI / OC / KEXTS) and put this one, maybe you also need a different SSDT because your processor is two generations prior to mine, now I look at it

I have been looking at the Dortania guide and in theory the 79xx 99xx and 109xx processors use the same SSDt's, so I don't think you have any boot problems, just change the TSCAdjustReset.kext and it should boot, when you are in the OC boot , the first time select "resetNvram", when you restart select your boot disk

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back