Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Egroys, I've tried and retried, nothings different. I'll let this down for now and stick with windows until I get an rx580 or Navi card. Thanks for your help!
What about your BIOS settings?

Also djlild7hina's repository is brilliant and helped me when I was transitioning from KGP era Clover to OC.

I know i said i won't post here anymore, but now that 6900XT works thought I'd share this here. Have not touched .4 yet until the final is out, and I have to add this to the waterloop and remove the Radeon VII.

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.10.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.12.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.08.17 PM.png

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've come across a major bug with AMD's latest Radeon Win10 drivers.
Whilst testing out the install on both my Intel-based systems using their latest driver, the AMD installers simply will not install either for my RX6800 nor RX550. It's until I reverted to installing with an early Nov 2018 installer (plus manually updating the AMD device driver in Device Manager) that it worked for my systems.

What about your BIOS settings?

Also djlild7hina's repository is brilliant and helped me when I was transitioning from KGP era Clover to OC.
Thanks, both; I could borrow a Radeon VII and everything went well. after replugging the Gigabyte 6800xt (basic edition), all became a mess. I’ll try with the 11.4 RC right away;)

I know i said i won't post here anymore, but now that 6900XT works thought I'd share this here. Have not touched .4 yet until the final is out, and I have to add this to the waterloop and remove the Radeon VII.

View attachment 519497
View attachment 519496View attachment 519498
Aloha izo! Awesome news and glad to see you back on this thread! Do you think the 6900xt will come down in price by the end of the year? Dishing out $2000+ for a msrp $999 card is hard to swallow. My Radeon VII is still doing its job but getting new toys is always enticing. Also, if you have updated your EFI with the recent build of 6.9 opencore, would you mind sharing? Thank you.

Aloha izo! Awesome news and glad to see you back on this thread! Do you think the 6900xt will come down in price by the end of the year? Dishing out $2000+ for a msrp $999 card is hard to swallow. My Radeon VII is still doing its job but getting new toys is always enticing. Also, if you have updated your EFI with the recent build of 6.9 opencore, would you mind sharing? Thank you.

I don't think its coming down in price unless the mining craze goes away. I had to pay $600 extra for the 6900xt because I couldn't find it at MSRP anywhere for weeks. Theres a chip shortage from TSMC, they are overwhelmed with Apple, AMD (GPUs, CPUs and console chips) so....they don't produce it fast enough and there is a higher demand.

The Radeon VII is going for $2000 or so on eBay so I figured it will buffer out the price so it comes out more than even.

I actually just want to play some video games at 4k 60fps Radeon VII was basically a 2080, the 6900XT is like a 3090 without ray tracing or dlss (well not proper implementation yet). Other than that, I don't mind the extra CUs for exporting using Metal in macOS. I'm sure I will be utilizing the extra GPU power for work.

I haven't updated OpenCore to the latest yet, so can't post it yet unfortunately.

You can see mine here

Thanks, both; I could borrow a Radeon VII and everything went well. after replugging the Gigabyte 6800xt (basic edition), all became a mess. I’ll try with the 11.4 RC right away;)
After the 11.4 release, the 6800XT worked immediately!

Just to compare, on a pristine BigSur install, just with Luxmark v3 installed:
  • MSI Radeon VII (CPU+GPU) : 55618
  • Gigabyte 6800XT (CPU+GPU) : 61327
Many tests were successful with common video Apps (Final Cut / Adobe suite).
I can now move to Dortania’s post-install guide !

Thanks again to @egroys and @djlild7hina !

After the 11.4 release, the 6800XT worked immediately!

Just to compare, on a pristine BigSur install, just with Luxmark v3 installed:
  • MSI Radeon VII (CPU+GPU) : 55618
  • Gigabyte 6800XT (CPU+GPU) : 61327
Many tests were successful with common video Apps (Final Cut / Adobe suite).
I can now move to Dortania’s post-install guide !

Thanks again to @egroys and @djlild7hina !
Hi @Jarjar, I have the same motherboard that you have and an AMD 6900xt (reference), I have seen your Luxmark score !! mine does not reach 58000, I bought a Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro + and the results are the same, GB5 OpenCL 111.000 - Metal 158000. Do you have any SSDT or any kext that increases the power? Thanks and best regards.

Hi @Jarjar, I have the same motherboard that you have and an AMD 6900xt (reference), I have seen your Luxmark score !! mine does not reach 58000, I bought a Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro + and the results are the same, GB5 OpenCL 111.000 - Metal 158000. Do you have any SSDT or any kext that increases the power? Thanks and best regards.
Hi Woodcabin,

Just to clarify, the Luxmark scores represents CPU+GPU on Luxball.

On GB5, the scores are:
  • OpenCL: 111359
  • Metal: 173691
More comparison on Luxmark (GPU only):
  • Lobby: 10508
  • Neumann: 42186
  • Luxball: 55211

I'm currently working on the post-install process, I'm still on a fresh install: so no SDDTs more than those supplied in Dortania's 6.9 package (configured as MacPro 7,1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back