Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being nitpicky now! Not sure what Im doing wrong here but double check device properties and it seems to be ignoring the device properties for the second device and just duplicating the display controller, also double checked the PciRoot path in Hackintool, seems all good - any ideas? (And it is ok to say "no, its just cosmetic stop wasting time!") :lol:

Mine:
View attachment 516425
Yours:
View attachment 516426

Hmm that's really weird. Your device properties seem right. Did it duplicate with just the RX 560 installed?

Hmm that's really weird. Your device properties seem right. Did it duplicate with just the RX 560 installed?
It does yeah, but I also noticed others that are different to my set device properties, like the intel i219 for example is not in the format I enter it in device properties, as in its the right name but written very differently than my string... almost as if device properties adds an entry correctly but then the device name and type are being overridden afterwards or something. No big deal, I’d just like to wrap my head around it now I’ve started.

It does yeah, but I also noticed others that are different to my set device properties, like the intel i219 for example is not in the format I enter it in device properties, as in its the right name but written very differently than my string... almost as if device properties adds an entry correctly but then the device name and type are being overridden afterwards or something. No big deal, I’d just like to wrap my head around it now I’ve started.

Yeah I've also noticed that some dont seem to take but it's cosmetic anyway so not a big deal. Still not sure why it's not taking the GPU audio though

hi @rustEswan and @djlild7hina , it seems that something changed. I saw this also with LAN and GPU. For exapmle GPU-Audio + GPU was defined in DeviceProperties but only Audio was shown right. I had to remove this in DeviceProperties and make these things in a ssdt and everything was shown right in system... but as someone said: only cosmetics

Glad you got it sorted - thought it was the bios. Are you using the modded one I sent (@izo1) with the Apple logo?

If not it is a nice authentic GUI if that appeals!

I preferred to use the original 3302 version…

hi @rustEswan and @djlild7hina , it seems that something changed. I saw this also with LAN and GPU. For exapmle GPU-Audio + GPU was defined in DeviceProperties but only Audio was shown right. I had to remove this in DeviceProperties and make these things in a ssdt and everything was shown right in system... but as someone said: only cosmetics
Thanks, do you have an example SSDT that I could take a look at?

@rustEswan
here you go... its for the GPU + GPU-Audio. This Problem with the system-entries are in my systems only in BigSur... Catalina is ok with Device-Properties...

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU.aml
    476 bytes · Views: 47
Thanks, do you have an example SSDT that I could take a look at?

@rustEswan
here you go... its for the GPU + GPU-Audio. This Problem with the system-entries are in my systems only in BigSur... Catalina is ok with Device-Properties...

Yeah I vaguely remember having an issue with Big Sur and device property renames. I had to manually define GFX0 and HDAU even though WEG takes care of it. HDAU device property worked before the SSDT but renaming the GFX didn't.

@rustEswan

That has done the trick, thank you. Although while doing this I did notice that I forgot to remove my Device Properties entry and once the SSDT is applied, the Device Properties once again work and overwrite the contents from the SSDT. So, you can either remove them from Device Properties or just leave it in both - I haven't found any adverse conditions from doing that but shout if that's a bad idea. ;)

Cheers

Looking good now. :thumbup:

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 16.27.53.png

That has done the trick, thank you. Although while doing this I did notice that I forgot to remove my Device Properties entry and once the SSDT is applied, the Device Properties once again work and overwrite the contents from the SSDT. So, you can either remove them from Device Properties or just leave it in both - I haven't found any adverse conditions from doing that but shout if that's a bad idea. ;)

Cheers

Looking good now. :thumbup:

View attachment 516590

How do you see all the PCI?
Can you share your EFI folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back