Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe it seems that the new Bios 3403 (with BAR-Support) broke the TB-USB (GB Titan-Ridge 1.0)... Catalina boots but you can't use TB-USB on Big Sur you get random freezes... any suggestions / help or informations ? @CaseySJ @djlild7hina
We've seen this problem on other board as well. The only solution we're aware of is to reinstall the previous BIOS.

thanks so much.

but still no go...

may be i need to give up...

View attachment 514744

Do not give up

I purchased ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II just a few days ago
For Thunderbolt 3 Support (I replaced my old Asus Rampage VI Apex)

And my previous installation just came up without a problem
With Thunderbolt 3 also (in retrospect) there was no problem
All you have to do is install Windows 10 on another drive and install the drivers for Thunderbolt 3

And next time you turn on your hackintosh
You will see that your thunderbolt is working

I'll send you my efi as it is
Do not forget to create a serial number etc.
and TSCAdjustReset is for 18 core! (place yours)
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.38.42.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
Do not give up

All you have to do is install Windows 10 on another drive and install the drivers for Thunderbolt 3

View attachment 515327

whats your bios version?

Do not give up

View attachment 515327
Thanks for posting your EFI. I was wondering why my GC Titan Ridge was showing as Slot-4 and yours as built-in. Swapped out the existing TB3 SSDT (2kb) for yours (8kb) and now showing as built-in.

Still nothing showing under Thunderbolt/USB 4 tab of the system report, but I think that section populates when a thunderbolt device is added.

Thanks for posting your EFI. I was wondering why my GC Titan Ridge was showing as Slot-4 and yours as built-in. Swapped out the existing TB3 SSDT (2kb) for yours (8kb) and now showing as built-in.

Still nothing showing under Thunderbolt/USB 4 tab of the system report, but I think that section populates when a thunderbolt device is added.

You can configure the slot (cosmetic) inside the SSDT. Nothing shows up under the Thunderbolt/USB 4 tab until you flash the Thunderbolt card.

Any chances of any of you getting Asus ThunderboldEX 4 working?

Any chances of any of you getting Asus ThunderboldEX 4 working?

Im tempted to buy one to try but I’m holding out to see if Gigabyte releases their Maple Ridge one first. Since our boards dont have the 14 pin header I’m not sure if we can jump the pins like we do the Titan Ridge card. @NorthAmTransAm have you gotten your EX 4 card yet?

Im tempted to buy one to try but I’m holding out to see if Gigabyte releases their Maple Ridge one first. Since our boards dont have the 14 pin header I’m not sure if we can jump the pins like we do the Titan Ridge card. @NorthAmTransAm have you gotten your EX 4 card yet?

I have it and am working on testing with CaseySJ elsewhere.

I need to do more testing and to make a proper post after, but from what I've gathered so far the EX4 on the z370a-II works in ICM mode under two conditions.

1) Thunderbolt is Enabled in bios
2) Custom SSDT (Like any other thunderbolt card)

Note: You might be able to warm boot with a device on without an SSDT. The card loads every time.

This is all without a Thunderbolt Header attached or jumpered. No jumpers, no header! There's also a 6v PCIe power for it that (in ICM mode) is not required. With it attached I was able to pass video to a USB C monitor. Not sure about actual Thunderbolt monitors.

I hope to figure out how to use the card with Thunderbolt Disabled in Bios. That would simulate more motherboards in my eyes. Right now, with it disabled, it will in fact load in IOReg in ICM mode but a device powering on will cause the computer to crash. I suspect we can fix that which I think will be quite meaningful for a lot of people.

More importantly, I hope we get a good patched firmware going and can have Thunderbolt/USB4!

Last edited:

If you dont have a flashed TB Card then nothing will ever show up there. Look in PCI instead. That Thunderbolt/USB4 tab is for Extended Mode.

Edit: Er, unless its Alpine Ridge!

Last edited:
I have it and am working on testing with CaseySJ elsewhere.

I need to do more testing and to make a proper post after, but from what I've gathered so far the EX4 on the z370a-II works in ICM mode under two conditions.

1) Thunderbolt is Enabled in bios
2) Custom SSDT (Like any other thunderbolt card)

Note: You might be able to warm boot with a device on without an SSDT. The card loads every time.

This is all without a Thunderbolt Header attached or jumpered. No jumpers, no header! There's also a 6v PCIe power for it that (in ICM mode) is not required. With it attached I was able to pass video to a USB C monitor. Not sure about actual Thunderbolt monitors.

I hope to figure out how to use the card with Thunderbolt Disabled in Bios. That would simulate more motherboards in my eyes. Right now, with it disabled, it will in fact load in IOReg in ICM mode but a device powering on will cause the computer to crash. I suspect we can fix that which I think will be quite meaningful for a lot of people.

More importantly, I hope we get a good patched firmware going and can have Thunderbolt/USB4!

Wow! thats very exciting and good news! I think I’ll snag one and a thunderbolt dock next time it’s in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back