Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this EFI, not sure why you have SSDT-AWAC and RTC0. It's usually one or the other. Also you had CustomMemory set to Yes but no memory mapping so i disabled it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
Hi,

I have an 10980XE that I’d like to build a Hackintosh around - I tried to read from the beginning of this thread but it quickly gets confusing - What is the latest recommendations for a motherboard with existing mods/hacks to get it working reliably with Big Sur (i need Thunderbolt 3 as well as s 10GE) ?

Thanks!

Guess it depends on who you ask but most people in this thread prefer ASUS x299 motherboards with the Sage series being the most stable. The Sage/10G is a good option since it has 7 PCIe slots and built in 10Gb ethernet (flashed in Ubuntu but is pretty easy). My github has more info and a Base EFI that should be compatible with all ASUS x299 motherboards.

Ok thanks! would Titan Ridge pcie card work well with the ASUS to get TB3?

Ok thanks! would Titan Ridge pcie card work well with the ASUS to get TB3?

Yep, it depends on your devices but not all devices work without flashing the Titan Ridge card. CaseySJ's Z390 thread has a ton of thunderbolt info

Non-flash method
- Guide (Section E.7) by @kgp
- (Attached SSDT below, SSDT-DTGP.aml method is already in my BASE-EFI)

Flash method (Thunderbolt Bus)
- More info about why it may be necessary here (Section: Thunderbolt Bus Activation)

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml
    8 KB · Views: 45
Yep, it depends on your devices but not all devices work without flashing the Titan Ridge card. CaseySJ's Z390 thread has a ton of thunderbolt info

Non-flash method
- Guide (Section E.7) by @kgp
- (Attached SSDT below, SSDT-DTGP.aml method is already in my BASE-EFI)

Flash method (Thunderbolt Bus)
- More info about why it may be necessary here (Section: Thunderbolt Bus Activation)

Cool, thanks again!

Upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 (Open Core 0.6.1) ON M2 drive and Big Sur Beta (Open Core 0.6.1) on SSD.
Both installations went without issues and very smoothly. Big Sur is a pleasure to use on my 42" Vizio.

Thanks to all the forum leaders!!!
Hi, I also have asus x299 prime deluxe, and I can't map the usb ports, would you be kind enough to pass me the kext and any ssdt?
Thank you in advance

Try this EFI, not sure why you have SSDT-AWAC and RTC0. It's usually one or the other. Also you had CustomMemory set to Yes but no memory mapping so i disabled it.

thanks so much.

but still no go...

may be i need to give up...

Snap1.png

Just curious to see if anyone has updated their board to a BIOS with Resizeable BAR support yet?

I realise that this is likely a fringe case and very few have any want or need for it, and obviously not expecting any benefit at all in MacOS, but I know a few here have 6800's or like me an AMD and an RTX 30 series and it would be nice to have Resizeable BAR available in Windows without breaking MacOS.

I tried the latest MSI BIOS for the X299 Pro and couldn't get it to boot properly, it would simply reboot the machine just at the point it would normally present me with the MacOS desktop and the login window - even when disabling the resizable BAR feature.

Haven't done any real troubleshooting and I'm not really after any support assistance at this point, just curious if anyone else has played with this yet?

Its quite possible that my failure to boot is completely unrelated to the feature anyway and really I need to update the BIOS re-dump the DSDT in Windows and check for other changes that could affect my SSDT's before drawing any conclusions. Hoping there are other changes afoot in the MSI BIOS - with any luck native NVRAM... I can keep dreaming :)

on the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe it seems that the new Bios 3403 (with BAR-Support) broke the TB-USB (GB Titan-Ridge 1.0)... Catalina boots but you can't use TB-USB on Big Sur you get random freezes... any suggestions / help or informations ? @CaseySJ @djlild7hina

Last edited:
on the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe it seems that the new Bios 3403 (with BAR-Support) broke the TB-USB (GB Titan-Ridge 1.0)... Catalina boots but you can't use TB-USB on Big Sur you get random freezes... any suggestions / help or informations ? @CaseySJ @djlild7hina

Thats my suspicion with the MSI board - perhaps plenty of other changes rather than that one specifically that's not working with my system. I will at some point go back to the new BIOS and do some proper investigation. I don't have TB unfortunately so can't comment on that yet. Keep us posted if you get working on the new BIOS :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back