Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • What version of Ubuntu are you running? uname -r
Ubuntu:~$ uname -r
5.11.11-051111-generic
  • Is there is a /sys/bus/thunderbolt directory?

• If so, is there a /sys/bus/thunderbolt/devices directory as well?
Screenshot from 2021-04-02 19-21-58.png

Hopefully this helps Casey,

Just out of curiosity, what does SJ stand for? San Jose, California by any chance? ;)
I apologize in advance if the answer to the above question is none-of-my-business :)

Guys, please help, I managed to screw up my system just by rebooting into Ubuntu once to check some settings. I don't really know much about dual boot, and installing Ubuntu in parallel to my already working Mac worked well, multiple reboots, various updates to Ubuntu, always stayed on the background, and whenever I needed, I just use F12->Ubuntu(dedicated SSD drive) just for that.
Right now what happened is that after I reboot, I go with default boot options which is suppose to be my Mac, press ENTER, and, to my surprise dive directly into Ubuntu. I thought I've made a mistake, tried again, same thing.
I disconnected my Ubuntu SSD completely, the Ubuntu option to boot is still there, next to my Mac's drive option. I select Mac, and my computer goes into reboot mode automatically.

I booted with my rescue USB now, look at the content of EFI on my Mac, and there's ubuntu subfolder right next to OC and Boot. What a hack is it doing on my Mac drive? What changed it, because until last reboot, it wasn't there.

In any case, I can't boot without my rescue USB, and some of the parameters are outdated on it.

Please help, what's going on here.

1617419260990.png

So, this is what appeared on my EFI after my last boot into Ubuntu.
I did delete ubuntu from my EFI, and the other 2 files from the BOOT.

Trying to boot, my system displays this error message:
Failed to open \EFI\BOOT\grubx64.efi - Not Found
Failed to load image \EFI\BOOT\grubx64.efi - Not Found
start_image() returned Not Found

(of course the files is not there, it was never supposed to be there, and I deleted it!)

Please help!!!

Ok, I wiped out my EFI, copied the entire content of same from rescue USB, and updated a few parameters to match what I had before, seemed to be working again.

@djlild7hina

Hi dear,

one question: the Radeon Pro W5700 is natively supported in macOS Big Sur?
Thanks!

I'm having some issues with Wx4100 too. I'll try another cable mDP.

I'm having some issues with Wx4100 too. I'll try another cable mDP.

Kernel panics? I’m having random green screens (hdmi) or black screens (DP). I’ve tried a few things but hoping it’s ram related. I disabled XMP and it’s been a little more stable but haven’t tested it enough to see if the issue is 100% gone. I started a return process on eBay in the meantime.

At the moment, some flickering (black screen randomly). Work perfectly in windows... so I think is drivers issues in latest release of macOS BS. (20E5224a)

At the moment, some flickering (black screen randomly). Work perfectly in windows... so I think is drivers issues in latest release of macOS BS. (20E5224a)
Like black screen then freezes? Or it comes backs. Mine hard freezes and have to reboot it.
Yeah I’ve tried several versions of BS and the issue is still there. I haven’t had issues in windows so far but I’m rarely in windows on my hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back