Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally i made it work with your EFI (You made it!). The only thing i see is because i changed from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 Smbios and i get this notification:

It detects i have 8x16GB, but not sure if everything is working or if it just uses 4 of the 8 modules. Do you have the same problem? Is there any fix for this?

Translation:

128GB Installed

Your mac have 8 memory slot, each one with 1 module of 3200MHz DDR4.

Atention!

Your mac has more installed memory than allowed. Until it have a maximum of 768GB of installed memory, the mac will only use one memory module.

View attachment 507974
It's just a cosmetic stuff, simply ignore this tab, your ram works normal. You can get rid of the notification with https://github.com/acidanthera/RestrictEvents

It's just a cosmetic stuff, simply ignore this tab, your ram works normal. You can get rid of the notification with https://github.com/acidanthera/RestrictEvents

A little more involved but you can also do this.

Currently only have two sticks atm since i'm using the other two sticks in another build but you get the gist
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.17.29 AM.png

Last edited:

Currently only have two sticks atm since i'm using the other two sticks in another build but you get the gist

View attachment 507988

Thanks! I finally followed the OpenCore fix you recommend me and i did it! I would like the Slots without memory at the end, but... (I see your setup have the "same problem", so i expect is not possible)

Thank you very much!

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-05 a las 18.29.15.png

Thanks! I finally followed the OpenCore fix you recommend me and i did it! I would like the Slots without memory at the end, but... (I see your setup have the "same problem", so i expect is not possible)

Thank you very much!

View attachment 508007

Yes unfortunately we can't do much about those last 4 slots since the real Mac Pro has twelve DIMM slots.

Finally i made it work with your EFI (You made it!). The only thing i see is because i changed from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 Smbios and i get this notification:

It detects i have 8x16GB, but not sure if everything is working or if it just uses 4 of the 8 modules. Do you have the same problem? Is there any fix for this?

Translation:

128GB Installed

Your mac have 8 memory slot, each one with 1 module of 3200MHz DDR4.

Atention!

Your mac has more installed memory than allowed. Until it have a maximum of 768GB of installed memory, the mac will only use one memory module.

View attachment 507974
My latest EFI I posted uses RestrictEvents so no need to modify the CustomRam tree. You can ignore the Memory tab in About This Mac.

You should download the latest one I posted. Also you don't need to use iMacPro1,1 just use MacPro7,1 which I use.

@Loloflatsix can you upload a ioreg dump of the rampage vi extreme encore?
Thanks!

Messed around with my Intel x550 card and was able to load the Sonnet drivers by using the Ubuntu EEPROM modding. Got the IDs from this post

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 3.04.51 PM.png

Guess we can use these as an alternative to the SmallTree drivers although the Catalina drivers still work in Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back