Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sur 11.2 on OpenCore 0.6.6

Note: HideAuxiliary is enabled so you will only see OS partitions and not all. Set it to NO if you want to see all partitions. Also you can hit spacebar in the OpenCore boot menu to show all partitions temporarily.

Note 2: My previous EFI was incorrectly named it was 0.6.5, please use this one.

Attachments

• izo1_SAGE10G_EFI_OC_0_6_6.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Big Sur 11.2 working EFI

Note: HideAuxiliary is enabled so you will only see OS partitions and not all. Set it to NO if you want to see all partitions.

Note 2: My previous EFI was incorrectly named it was 0.6.5, please use this one.

@ci2own use this instead.

I have an update:

1. I've updated to OC v0.6.6
2. Added a USB3 connection-cable from MB to back panel (labeled "LowerLeft" & "LowerRight") Just USB happy I suppose. I only plugged in the USB3 thumb drives, no USB2's yet. (see map below)
3. I've used the "SSDT-USB-Reset-Designare.aml" that @rustEswan provided :headbang:. USBInjectAll.kext and XhciPortLimit=true
4. I rebooted while I had a Apple Lightning Cable plugged into the Thunderbolt 3 port, a new controller showed up per @Loloflatsix did mention:thumbup:. This motherboard is equipped with 1 Intel JHL6540 Thunderbolt 3 controller (see image).
5. ISSUE: Port 21 is the 4-Port Hub (RealTek to Chipset), I plugged 2 USB3 Thumb drives to that hub and they all show under that 1 port in the USBMap Tool. So, I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that observation...
6. NOTE: Port#7 and Port#8 (HS07 & HS08) are USB 2.0 only ports. Hopefully lowering my overall count.
7. I do understand that the Bluetooth controller will eventually told to be "Internal" so that will help.
8. It's late and I need to be more thorough and methodical in mapping, just tired now...
JHL6540-x299-designare.jpg

Since there is only 1 ASMedia controller on my MB, the only way to get the port to show at all was the shut off the power supply and reboot with the iPhone in the TB port, then the ASMedia USB-C port showed up to the party. I have no USB-C thumb drives yet, may have to pick one up at BestBuy and see which port it shows as...

The below images were taken when I was mapping the ports. I should note that I didn't map the TB ports yet, because I was told to wait and I do not have any TB3 devices to tinker with.
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 7.51.57 PM.png

Ports Named
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 7.58.17 PM.png

Waiting to map more then export a list per Dortania or @Loloflatsix.

Last edited:
I have an update:

1. I've updated to OC v0.6.6
2. Added a USB3 connection-cable from MB to back panel (labeled "LowerLeft" & "LowerRight") Just USB happy I suppose. I only plugged in the USB3 thumb drives, no USB2's yet. (see map below)
3. I've used the "SSDT-USB-Reset-Designare.aml" that @rustEswan provided :headbang:. USBInjectAll.kext and XhciPortLimit=true
4. I rebooted while I had a Apple Lightning Cable plugged into the Thunderbolt 3 port, a new controller showed up per @Loloflatsix did mention:thumbup:. This motherboard is equipped with 1 Intel JHL6540 Thunderbolt 3 controller (see image).
5. ISSUE: Port 21 is the 4-Port Hub (RealTek to Chipset), I plugged 2 USB3 Thumb drives to that hub and they all show under that 1 port in the USBMap Tool. So, I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that observation...
6. NOTE: Port#7 and Port#8 (HS07 & HS08) are USB 2.0 only ports. Hopefully lowering my overall count.
7. I do understand that the Bluetooth controller will eventually told to be "Internal" so that will help.

regarding point 5. This is correct - as far as ACPI is concerned it’s just one internal port with one USB2 and one USB3 personality attached to an internal 4 port hub.
Just as I found on the X299 Aorus the 4 physical ports are attached internally to the hub so you have only two ACPI addresses - one for an internal “HS” USB2.0 personality and one for the “SS” USB3.0 personality.

This is what I tried to demonstrate in the diagrams attached to #1412

also don’t forget to flip your USB-C devices/connectors over when mapping - some controllers change the ACPI port number for each orientation ;)

Sounds like you’re making progress - good work, almost there!

Edit: I missed it before when @Loloflatsix mentioned it about PC00.RP05 being the Thunderbolt, but looking at these screenshots now I see you definitely do need to modify the SSDT I sent and add another entry for PC00.RP05 and rename that to XHC3.
(or you could rename PC00.RP05.PXSX > PC00.RP05.XHC2 and then PC00.RP13.PXSX > PC00.RP13.XHC3) either way would work. This is because even without the Thunderbolt working I think you'll still have USB functionality on those ports - that's why in USBMap you see 4 ports under the controller named pci8086,15d4 - that would be two USB2 and two USB3 personalities corresponding to the two physical TB3/USB-C ports on the rear.

Last edited:
Big Sur 11.2 on OpenCore 0.6.6

Note: HideAuxiliary is enabled so you will only see OS partitions and not all. Set it to NO if you want to see all partitions.

First of all, thank you very much for your help :).

I'm not sure if i can use your EFI without change anything. Could I?

At the moment i have mine working on 0.6.6 and latest Sage 10g bios, but i "see" a few errors when booting. I copied your kexts to my setup and everyghing seems to work fine, but i have doubts with the ACPI patches: In my setup i have the precompiled ones (i tried to compile my own ones, but i couldn't): SSDT-AWAC.aml, SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml, SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml and SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT.aml.

On the next image, the left one is your EFI, and the right one is mine with precompiled ACPI patches.

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-03 a las 15.07.08.png

My setup is:

Asus X299 Sage 10G / i9-998XE
1st slot: AMD Radeon VII 16GB
5th slot: Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/Bluetooth Card
7th slot: USB3 PCIe card connected to my front panel USB3.0 ports.

From my motherboard USB connector goes to NZKT USB Hub input with 2 outputs (1 connected to Femvi Wifi/Bluetooth and 1 to my front panel USB2.0 ports.

I attach my actual EFI folder, OpenCore Sanity Checkker.pdf and OpenCore Error Log. Just in case you see any improvement i can do in my setup.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• EFI 0.6.6.zip
    9 MB · Views: 70
  • OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 2,501
@djlild7hina

Hi dear,

then you suggest to replace HfsPlus.efi with OpenHfsPlus.efi?

Thank you!

First of all, thank you very much for your help :).

I'm not sure if i can use your EFI without change anything. Could I?

At the moment i have mine working on 0.6.6 and latest Sage 10g bios, but i "see" a few errors when booting. I copied your kexts to my setup and everyghing seems to work fine, but i have doubts with the ACPI patches: In my setup i have the precompiled ones (i tried to compile my own ones, but i couldn't): SSDT-AWAC.aml, SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml, SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml and SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT.aml.

On the next image, the left one is your EFI, and the right one is mine with precompiled ACPI patches.

View attachment 507550

My setup is:

Asus X299 Sage 10G / i9-998XE
1st slot: AMD Radeon VII 16GB
5th slot: Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/Bluetooth Card
7th slot: USB3 PCIe card connected to my front panel USB3.0 ports.

From my motherboard USB connector goes to NZKT USB Hub input with 2 outputs (1 connected to Femvi Wifi/Bluetooth and 1 to my front panel USB2.0 ports.

I attach my actual EFI folder, OpenCore Sanity Checkker.pdf and OpenCore Error Log. Just in case you see any improvement i can do in my setup.

Thanks again!

Throw mine on a USB stick and boot from there.
The only thing I would say is get rid of the TB3 aml unless you have a patched TB3 controller. And also cosmetic DeviceProperties can be modified to suit your needs. Also adjust USB kext to make sure your Fenvi card's BT USB connection is proper.

My setup is as bare minimum as it can be in terms of the EFI with no added fluff.

@djlild7hina

Hi dear,

then you suggest to replace HfsPlus.efi with OpenHfsPlus.efi?

Thank you!

Apparently OpenHfsPlus.efi is slower than HfsPlus, so it may be better to stick with HfsPlus.efi
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.51.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.50.44 AM.png

I updated my EFI post with this info

Last edited:
Just to keep you informed that I still have USB Audio hiccups and scratches with Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, bug introduced with 11.1 and still there in 11.2

An error in Console regarding coreaudiod happens when it scratches.

Already tried disabling Serial Port in BIOS with no luck. If anyone got hints that will be much appreciated.

Has anyone dealt with a stuck indexing bar?
I have tried a few things and nothing is working including mounting the main volume and deleting the spotlight file as well as adding the Big Sur drive in the privacy tab.

This is a fresh install of Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back