Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFI Asus X299 Prime Deluxe OC 0.6.5 :

- Platforminfo: replace with your own SMBIOS on the lines with "Removed" and Rom must be defined in Data instead of String
[Note : on ACPI : full SSDTs ------> config.plist No devices properties ]

@lukeslater : here you have

Attachments

• EFI Asus X299 Prime Deluxe OC 0.6.5.zip
    57.8 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I had this nice and good Mobo but it unfortunately stopped and never restarted by my fault .

Honestly, I've been lazy and adapted my MSI X299 EFI rather than starting from scratch - and I really should have just started clean. I will do that first before I draw conclusions on the issue. Hopefully then my rebuilt map will continue to work fine :thumbup:

@Jasoncole98

I did some research : and from patched DSDT.aml from Designare EX I can manage SSDT-X299-XHC : on RP01 and RP07 appear to be ASMedia X2 USB ports so attached :
- SSDT-X299-XHC.aml to rename RP01 --> PXSX --> XHC3 & RP07 --> PXSX --> XHC4
- X299PrimeDUSBMacPro.kext which should match the SSDT
Add this on your EFI and edit your config.plist for
Keep me informed if that match

Attachments

• X299 Designare 1.zip
    8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thank You @Loloflatsix I'll look at it when I get home. FYI, I noticed something on my mainboard image, it looks like there is a RealTek USB hub for the back 4 ports, plus the chipset is involved. Similar to @rustEswan Aorus board...

We have figured out the ASMedia controller (quantity 1) for the front port, the back ports are the issue with the RealTek hub there next to the Thunderbolt ports.
Designare_USB_Description.png

Look behind "USB30_LAN1" I wonder if that's for the back 4 ports and the Thunderbolt port too? Just thinking out loud... Since I think I only have 2 controllers and some hubs sprinkled in there... I get nothing when I plug a USB in the thunderbolt ports, but from what I understand I have to reboot to get them to show up since I can't flash the onboard controller ( I do have a raspberry pi 4) and could do it, but I didn't see a separate ROM chip, there maybe one though...
Designare_x299_mainboard.png

I'll report back when I know more or figure it out, you guys are awesome!

Thank You @Loloflatsix I'll look at it when I get home. FYI, I noticed something on my mainboard image, it looks like there is a RealTek USB hub for the back 4 ports, plus the chipset is involved. Similar to @rustEswan Aorus board...

We have figured out the ASMedia controller (quantity 1) for the front port, the back ports are the issue with the RealTek hub there next to the Thunderbolt ports.
View attachment 506719
Look behind "USB30_LAN1" I wonder if that's for the back 4 ports and the Thunderbolt port too? Just thinking out loud... Since I think I only have 2 controllers and some hubs sprinkled in there... I get nothing when I plus USB in the thunderbolt ports, but from what I understand I have to reboot to get them to show up since I can't flash the onboard controller ( I do have a raspberry pi 4) and could do it, but I didn't see a separate ROM chip, there maybe one though...
View attachment 506720
I'll report back when I know more or figure it out, you guys are awesome!
I perfectly know all what you show me...

You must do that step by step :

- First the ASMedia ports on rear IO

- After when you manage to install Thunderbolt drivers on Windows and load it I 'll give you the separate SSDT for it that match the kext.

- ASMedia internal USB C is already recognized: it will therefore be easier to configure it afterwards.

- The Fenvi Wifi is easy to set too.

- Your Logoitech cam is attached on XHCI : I saw it on your IOReg.

Please, do not mix everything up ;)

[The goal is to have a full complet build]

Edit :

Also see on post #1

Reminder previous threads :
- How to build your own iMac Pro : #1
- iMac Pro X299 #21
- Asus X299 - Catalina Support #1
- X299 - Open Core support #1

You are free to do what you want.

Good luck and enjoy :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey guys, any of you found the culprit of the KP's happening when taking a phone call through the hackintosh ? Used to work fine on previous version of MacOS. I've been searching the web for it and no dice... is it x299 related by any means ?

Hey guys, any of you found the culprit of the KP's happening when taking a phone call through the hackintosh ? Used to work fine on previous version of MacOS. I've been searching the web for it and no dice... is it x299 related by any means ?
I still have it too... and usb audio went broke in 11.1 too (on real mac pro too, as I read in several forums posts). Definitely something is in progress there, hope 11.2 is gonna fix this stuff.

Yeah, it's still not clear where this comes from and if it's hack only related or touches real macs extensively.

On another note, I've been seeing people switching to different SMBIOS (iMac 19,1 and MacPro 7,1)... what is the real benefit of this ? I thought that we had to stick to the closest Mac existing config to avoid havoc and whatnot.

In my case this hack is running 9900-X with Sapphire Vega 64... except the KP's with the phone call everything else seems to be stable. Is there a real gain doing this ?

I'm using MacPro7,1 since it came out, no worries...

Playin with iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 for me basically meant trying to adapt DRMs in Safari and GPU support, nothing really important since both work. I can't identify major differences, maybe someone can be more precise. I ended up with MacPro7,1 just to see the big box in my devices list ;-)

Ha! I feel you buddy... in my end everything went smooth regarding DRMs / GPU / Etc. But I see you are using a Radeon VII so that might be the culprit for you. Lets see if people can share more info but the questions has been "evaded" multiple times :D.

I suspect those performance jumps are purely GPU related, which is normal since iMac Pro didn't go further than Vegas I think, Mac Pro 7,1 is based on Radeon VII kind of and iMac 19,1 more of on the 5700 XTs.

Lets wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back