Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on moving to OpenCore! Make sure you follow this to wipe out Clover leftovers.
OpenCore-Install-Guide/clover-conversion at master · dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide · GitHub

Depending on how old the EFI you're using, you may need to adjust some things in order for Big Sur support. It also depends on which BIOS version you're on with 3201 and newer seem to be better since ASUS broke the MSR lock functionality in between. Also your previous Clover SSDT may need to be adjusted for OpenCore so that could've been an issue as well.
Thanks! I'll take a look. Both Catalina and Big Sur working with same OpenCore, BIOS on this ASUS X299-A seems to be lower than 3201 and the MSR lock is still working and everything booting fine.

I did some optimisation after updating to OpenCore 0.6.5.

Big Sur (11.1) working EFI for ASRock X299E-ITX/ac with i7-7820X, Vega 56 and Apple WiFi card in the WiFi card slot on the board.

Notes:
- Platforminfo is anonymised and has to be filled with your own values
- HideAuxiliary is enabled
- simple Bootpicker with indefinite timeout
- the SMC kexts for temps and stuff are included but disabled
- TSCAdjustReset.kext has to be adjusted to the cores used on your cpu

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 269
Has anyone with an X299 Prime Deluxe tried Bios 3301?

Thank you!

ASUS SAGE/10G 3302 BIOS with Apple Logo Splash Screen
Released 01/15/2021

Notes from Asus
  • Fix crash free function

New Sage 10G bios after the new one below. That was unexpected. :shifty:

ASUS SAGE/10G 3301 BIOS with Apple Logo Splash Screen
Released 01/12/2021

Notes from Asus
  • Improve system performance
  • Fix SSD device compatibility

Note: With ASUS BIOS, you can save your BIOS profile on a USB Stick through the BIOS as a .CMO file and then use Bios Flashback, then restore the settings from the .CMO. One thing I noticed is sometimes with this the Above 4G doesn't get enabled so be careful as upon reboot after restoring settings you will get a black screen, and also COM Ports are never restored properly (I always have it disabled on this board). I will try to post a guide for this soon, so it makes it easier for everyone if it's interesting let me know. It's pretty easy.

Attachments

• WS-X299-SAGE-10G-ASUS-3302_APPL_SPLASH.zip
    10 MB · Views: 131
ASUS SAGE/10G 3302 BIOS with Apple Logo Splash Screen
Released 01/15/2021

Notes from Asus
  • Fix crash free function

New Sage 10G bios after the new one below. That was unexpected. :shifty:
Would you be willing to do the Prime Deluxe Bios, please?
I LOVE the way you made the apple logo and really don't want to see the Asus search for incredible (lol) screen when I update.

Thank you in advance!

Would you be willing to do the Prime Deluxe Bios, please?
I LOVE the way you made the apple logo and really don't want to see the Asus search for incredible (lol) screen when I update.

Thank you in advance!

Sure thing, here you go.

I could never figure out how to remove the "Press F2..." message since it seems like it's a string hidden in all the AMI bioses, or else it would be a perfect boot screen :mrgreen:

There are instructions here how to do this. It should work with Gigabyte or other brands of X299 boards, but I haven't personally tried, only did this to ASUS boards so far.

Attachments

• PRIME-X299-DELUXE-ASUS-3301-APPLE_LOGO.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 75
Hey everyone, just updated to the "newest" 11.2 Beta (20D5042d) today and after restarting it a couple of times, everything works still, no problems at all. The only major issue is Kensington TrackballWorks app doesn't work at all. Looks like I might have to purchase SteerMouse (for $20), if Kensington doesn't come out with a finalized update. But that won't come until Apple releases their full 11.2 version.

A bit puzzled, as after going away for 3 weeks (summer holidays here), booting again today and I find that I get no USB working at all (so no keyboard nor mouse). This happens with either BigSur or Catalina.

It boots fine, but once booted, I can no longer log in.

Any ideas what could be wrong with my system? was working just fine before :(

Edit: Found it it was DisableIoMapper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back