Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still uses a SATA Optical Drive? I have a Pioneer Blu-Ray writer connected to the Sata Port. It was running well in Catalina(Clover), but after updated to Big Sur(Opencore), the connection will dropped when the finder window is opened.... anyone face the same issue?

probably better idea to put it in an external usb enclosure

literally no mac exists with a sata (they all use nvme, except the 2 internal sata ports in Mac Pro 2019) drive anymore and no Mac had a optical drive anymore. Apple is going to drop all these legacy drivers eventually except maybe keep stuff like external usb support for such devices

Does anyone use the X299 Sage II and have the 2.5g Ethernet ports working? I assume it works OOB but wasn't sure. My board comes in next week so thought I'd prep some stuff early

Happy New Year, Feliz año nuevo, Bonne Année, Frohes neues Jahr, Felice anno nuovo,
Feliz Ano Novo, Xīnnián kuàilè, Akemashiteomedetōgozaimasu, sanah jadiduh saeidah, S Novym Godom and to all others around the world.
May the hackintosh community live happy & keep helping each other for many years to come. :wave:

PS: Please stay safe, the vaccin is around the corner.

Can anyone help with Shutdown > Rebooting issue?

I looked at the DSDT and it doesn't seem to work properly.

I do have a PCIe USB card and have added that as an SSDT, but still didn't work.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "Slav", "ZPTS", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PC00.XHCI.PMEE, FieldUnitObj)
    External (ZPTS, MethodObj)    // 1 Arguments

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {
        ZPTS (Arg0)
        If ((0x05 == Arg0))
        {
            \_SB.PC00.XHCI.PMEE = Zero
        }
    }
}
I'll take a look tomorrow, also interested in a shutdown patch.

I'll take a look tomorrow, also interested in a shutdown patch.

Does your rampage not shutdown? Shutdown, restart works here except sleep decided to stop working

Does your rampage not shutdown? Shutdown, restart works here except sleep decided to stop working
Shutdown / restart not working: USBmap rechecked, I'll try later with Fixing Shutdown/Restart | OpenCore Post-Install as mentioned before, but no other problem today for about four hours of use, tomorrow I will be using it all day because the Christmas holidays are over.
I adopted MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS and I’m currently working on CustomMemory for my config.plist.

Last edited:
Shutdown / restart not working: USBmap rechecked, I'll try later with Fixing Shutdown/Restart | OpenCore Post-Install as mentioned before, but no other problem today for about four hours of use, tomorrow I will be using it all day because the Christmas holidays are over.
I adopted MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS and I’m currently working on CustomMemory for my config.plist.

So weird... I don't have any issues

It may be related to ASMedia controller from my research (also somewhat confirmed by Vit from OpenCore). Going to try some things on my end too. I can post my DSDT if it helps.

It may be related to ASMedia controller from my research (also somewhat confirmed by Vit from OpenCore). Going to try some things on my end too. I can post my DSDT if it helps.

Do you guys have the ASmedia kext?

Attachments

• ASMedia.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 75
Ok : thanks for your report : of course It will help :thumbup: : it's the only problem that remains on my side : all works with CustomMemory on config.plist.
@djlild7hina : yes I have ASmedia kext, I will recheck with your kext above ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back