Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that your third X299, @Loloflatsix ? What do you do with them all? :)

@rustEswan FYI I've started the testing of the theoretical NVRAM recording install method. I've got a record of all the NVRAM changes between the different phases of install. I'm currently trying to re-create a failed install, so I can then test if applying the NVRAM data will fix it. More updates in a few hours, hopefully.
I use two of them at the same time to work, see my work space here : #334
I work part time at home and the rest in my agency,but in fact with confinement every day at home actualy.
(my X299 Ultra Gaming pro is dead, I replaced it with the Prime Deluxe and now with the Rampage , last week I update my EVGA X299 with an i9-7940 I picked it for a very good price)
For my 3D modeling work in the building, we need good computing power and display, for the structure and quantities of constructive elements.

2020-11-27 15_44_28-[R] LPE Sélection de plans_.jpg2020-11-27 17_11_28_Cinema.png

Last edited:
For those who like me have an issue (blank screen and d2 code on qled) there is a solution posted by apfelnico in a .de forum. The issue is due to asmedia usb controller. He made a kext to solve the issue and this work both on Prime and Sage. I tested it and it works! I modified the original x299usb.kext and added the part of asmedia controller.
Here is the source kext by apfelnico and my modified.
Thanks to apfelnico for the source kext.

Attachments

• X299USB.kext.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 85
  • ASMedia.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 85
I am very excited today, I just received my new motherboard from Asus from DHL : now I will put it on my EVGA DG 84 Custom case and I will see how it works and keep you posted...:beachball:

View attachment 498620

Guess we're twins :lol: . You can use my EFI and USB kext. Although I disabled the internal usb 2 header since I didn't use it. I got mine for like half price amazon used and it was pretty much brand new (everything still sealed) so can't complain :)

Last edited:
For those who like me have an issue (blank screen and d2 code on qled) there is a solution posted by apfelnico in a .de forum. The issue is due to asmedia usb controller. He made a kext to solve the issue and this work both on Prime and Sage. I tested it and it works! I modified the original x299usb.kext and added the part of asmedia controller.
Here is the source kext by apfelnico and my modified.
Thanks to apfelnico for the source kext.
Do they resolve the USB drive disconnection problem/warning when the machine goes to sleep? I get the same warning for my thunderbolt drive, the drive will reconnect by itself when the machine wakes up...

Do they resolve the USB drive disconnection problem/warning when the machine goes to sleep? I get the same warning for my thunderbolt drive, the drive will reconnect by itself when the machine wakes up...
The purpose of this kext is to solve an issue with BS when you restart the machine...i think it's not related to sleep/wake up issues. It was made for Asus board and i don't know if it works with Asrock

The purpose of this kext is to solve an issue with BS when you restart the machine...i think it's not related to sleep/wake up issues. It was made for Asus board and i don't know if it works with Asrock
Thanks for the clarification, @thenightflyer! Is the USB drive disconnection error message a common Hack issue or just with my EFI?

@thenightflyer, try this usbmap kext with Asmedia kext.

XHC2 & XHC3 (Asmedia 3142/2142)
XHC4 (Thunderbolt)
XHCI (x299 USB3)

Attachments

• X299SageUSB.kext.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 61
Ok just moved to 11.1 Public Beta officially on the main Hack/machine. So far it's good. Was a clean easy update (4 reboots) from Catalina 10.15.7 > 11.0.1 Retail > 11.1 PB.

I know I broke my promise of jumping on a macOS update too early, but couldn't help myself since my MacBook Pro is already on Big Sur anyway.

Now the debate is if I should get a 6900XT (when/if there will ever be stock in December's launch) + a EKWB Waterblock and sell the Radeon VII...but I think the ARM Macs are obviously here to stay and I want to step away from Hackintoshing in general, but the only one worth getting for me is the 2020 iMac, but the 5700XT needs to be updated to 6000 series. Decisions decisions. Maybe it's worth hanging on the Hack until later next year for any powerful ARM Macs. The 13" MacBook is compelling but not for me, I need 1) Raw CPU power 2) Raw GPU power. The optimized H264/H265 stuff doesn't help me at all except for transcoding once in a while, I'm mostly in the Adobe suite on the design/motion graphics side and use hundreds of plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back