Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a step in the right direction - with @Loloflatsix first PMC1 SSDT suggestion - IOReg now showing only the PMCR device:

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 00.38.20.png

Unfortunately still not holding variables with "sudo nvram myvar=test" for example...

I'll try the second PMC1 SSDT suggestion and report back in the morning. Thanks again for your help. :thumbup:

Seems to be a step in the right direction - with @Loloflatsix first PMC1 SSDT suggestion - IOReg now showing only the PMCR device:

View attachment 498046

Unfortunately still not holding variables with "sudo nvram myvar=test" for example...

I'll try the second PMC1 SSDT suggestion and report back in the morning. Thanks again for your help. :thumbup:

News from dortania :
- "Stage 2 installation requiring working NVRAM"
- "X99 and X299 users with broken NVRAM will need to install on another machine and move the SSD when done"
- "With Big Sur, there's a higher reliance on native NVRAM for installation otherwise the installer will get stuck in a reboot loop. To resolve this you'll need to either:

* Install Big Sur on another machine, then transfer the drive
* Fix the motherboard's NVRAM"

So Good SSDT PMC seems a good search for our X299 failing Mobo !!
I have no time this week to experiment
Have a nice day

Hello Guys,
I am kind of lost with OC and Big Sur. I am running Hackintosh for few years without any big issues, but Big Sur kind of screwed me ;-) I had nicely functional Catalina and I tried to update the system by apple update. But this decision did broke my original system. I was running latest Clover. After reading so many threads I decided to replace it with OpenCore, which looks like elegant solution, but I have no luck to make it run.

My config is:
Asus TUF X299 MARK2 - Bios 3201
CPU: i9 7940X
GPU: AMD Radeon PRO SSG - It id detected as Vega II

I don't want to waste your time, but I will really appreciate any advice how to solve my issue.
Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.6 KB · Views: 44
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 46

View attachment 498046

Thanks for your feed back :
I did already verify on real iMacPro 1,1 and MacPro 7,1 this concordance and you confirm my investigation.
For example we have on LPCB device EC and DMAC too but no AWAC I agree.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,
I am kind of lost with OC and Big Sur. I am running Hackintosh for few years without any big issues, but Big Sur kind of screwed me ;-) I had nicely functional Catalina and I tried to update the system by apple update. But this decision did broke my original system. I was running latest Clover. After reading so many threads I decided to replace it with OpenCore, which looks like elegant solution, but I have no luck to make it run.

My config is:
Asus TUF X299 MARK2 - Bios 3201
CPU: i9 7940X
GPU: AMD Radeon PRO SSG - It id detected as Vega II

I don't want to waste your time, but I will really appreciate any advice how to solve my issue.
Thank you
Your build setup is very close to mine as requested by another owner I will be sharing my Prime Deluxe EFI but in fact I am busy maintaining my job here and confinement makes it difficult to have plenty of time to help here.

Your build setup is very close to mine as requested by another owner I will be sharing my Prime Deluxe EFI but in fact I am busy maintaining my job here and confinement makes it difficult to have plenty of time to help here.
If you can share your EFI, that will be great. I will go through it to see how different it is from mine.

Thank you

Have a further read of this - Opencore Install Guide - Stuck at PCI Configuration

If you follow the whole install guide very closely you should have a good chance to get it all working without problems on Asus boards, they seem to be quite friendly for Big Sur - specifically I think you may need to ensure that you have the SSDT-RCT0-RANGE.aml properly configured and working.

Also check IORegexplorer to see if you have an RTC0 device and confirm the ranges are correctly set.

If you're still stuck - post your dumped DSDT and your SSDT-RTC0-RANGE and I'll take a look.

IOregexplorer should look something like this:

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 08.38.06.png

Thank you

specifically I think you may need to ensure that you have the SSDT-RCT0-RANGE.aml properly configured and working.
Yeah stuck at PCI Begin is 99% certain to be fixed by adding Dortania's SSDT-RTC0-RANGE.aml

Add that to your EFI @dank0 and it should proceed further

Thanks for your feed back :
I did already verify on real iMacPro 1,1 and MacPro 7,1 this concordance and you confirm my investigation.
For example we have on LPCB device EC and DMAC too but no AWAC I agree.

I tried the alternative SSDT-PMC suggestion - again it looks good, no PMC1 device but does show just a single PMCR device but it still isn't holding variables unfortunately.

I feel like this is really close to being resolved...

Is there any way opencore could be resetting NVRAM on each boot? Like an incorrect setting in config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back