Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @izo1 - did you manage to get Big Sur installed on your Asus X299 Sage? If so, could you share your EFI?

On a separate drive, yes, but haven't had time to finesse. It will be a while till I use Big Sur every day, because Catalina is very stable for me and I don't want to move to Big Sur yet full time.

update to big sur and now not all the usbs work as before in catalina, is there a patch for the usbs?

I use clover 5126

Move to OpenCore and set up a proper USB Map. Patches are old ways of doing things.

I try to upgrade from aorus master x299x catalina to big sur From oc 061 but nothing work I also put big sur on usb key but loading the system take over 1h I try to upgrade from fresh system but stuck also copy some oc from you guys nope so sad :(

Upgrade to OC 0.6.3 and migrate the plist to the latest.

Use OCBuilder to generate a folder with all the OC required files.

Move to OpenCore and set up a proper USB Map. Patches are old ways of doing things.

I use hackintool to create my usbports.kext, in catalina it worked

There you go. As usual, Platform Info needs to be filled. Have a play :)

PS: If you want to be in verbose mode : Just press CMD +V ( or Win + V ) while in picker before your boot selection.

Hey buddy, since you are on a Gigabyte motherboard I have a few questions:

1) Did you had to map your USB ports on your end ?
2) Is Thunderbolt working on your end ? if so how did you do it ?
3) Did you do any of the other stuff on the Dortania Post-Install guide ?

I'm asking this because I'm getting a weird kernel panic when using the phone through the computer to call (was working perfectly fine under Catalina). And even if the rig seems to be working fine, I want to be sure it's fully optimised.

Thank you,

Ark.

thank you but i was unable to migrate from catalina to big sur stuck into loading for over 30mm and try you EFI for catalina but seems no boot but i check there EFI inside

I don't know what to say mate, I don't have an Aorus motherboard, mine is a Designare EX.. so probably BIOs different settings need to be adressed and some other stuff. I recommend using the Dortania guide and start from there testing.

Also maybe do a google search about your board and Open Core, maybe someone has already something up and running.

Hello together,
i have some trouble in update my Bios (Asus x299 PD I) from 2002 to 3105 or 3201. Get stuck on loading in the AppleScreen. do not know what is the fault. Under 2002 everything works perfect also BigSur. Done all the necessary things like AWAC / RTC / USB... Have someone any ideas what to do? using 0C 0.6.4 nightly

Edit: did a new install, also complete new OC and efi and now everything is working like a charme with 3201... (but there is the known fault 97 after restarts...)

Last edited:

I'm asking this because I'm getting a weird kernel panic when using the phone through the computer to call (was working perfectly fine under Catalina). And even if the rig seems to be working fine, I want to be sure it's fully optimised.

Thank you,

Ark.
Even me and @salvatore.polito have same issues with kernel panics during phone calls. Could be something related to AppleALC maybe, since if you read KP report, is clearly related to some processes linked to AppleHDA (which is modified by AppleALC). Me and Salvatore both have Asus X299-a board, but you're on Gigabyte so that's probably not a mobo problem, maybe ACPI tables? maybe a bug with Big Sur? Anyway if somebody find solutions, share it.

Thank you,

Ark.

I think is somewhat a problem of this specific release of BigSur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back