Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions to all who succeed to install BS :
  1. Do you have another NVME with Data plugged during the installation ?
  2. Do you have another NVME with OS plugged during the installation ?
  3. Do you have another SATA with Data plugged during the installation ?
  4. Do you have another SATA with OS plugged during the installation ?

Good question :

On Gigabyte :
  3. Do you have another SATA with Data plugged during the installation : 1 SSD
  4. Do you have another SATA with OS plugged during the installation : Big Sur installation disk only
On Asus :
  1. Do you have another NVME with Data plugged during the installation : 2 X NVme
  2. Do you have another NVME with OS plugged during the installation : Windows
  3. Do you have another SATA with Data plugged during the installation : 3 X Sata SSDs , one with Time Machine
  4. Do you have another SATA with OS plugged during the installation : Mojave and Big Sur installation disk
On Asrock X299 :
  4. Do you have another SATA with OS plugged during the installation : Big Sur installation disk only
  5. plugged after : SSD with Catalina and SSD for Windows installation to load GC Titan Ridge drivers
On Asrock X570 :
  5. plugged after : NVme with Catalina, SSDs with Mojave, High Sierra and preinstalled NVme SSD with Windows

(ouf :D;))

Sometimes it is recommended to unplug the disk with Windows.

Last edited:
Correct, made at first reboot. Installer might be rebooting/crashing prematurely?
In your case, I think there are just a few details to adjust : download different EFI files posted in posts above ( OC 0.6.3) and then you have to compare ACPI file, Kext file and config.plist by side with yours.

Last edited:
Yes to all the questions above :)

Good question :

On Gigabyte :
On Asus :
  1. Do you have another NVME with Data plugged during the installation : 2 X NVme
  2. Do you have another NVME with OS plugged during the installation : Windows
  3. Do you have another SATA with Data plugged during the installation : 3 X Sata SSDs , one with Time Machine
  4. Do you have another SATA with OS plugged during the installation : Mojave and Big Sur installation disk
On Asrock X299 :
  5. plugged after : SSD with Catalina and SSD for Windows installation to load GC Titan Ridge drivers
On Asrock X570 :
  5. plugged after : NVme with Catalina, SSDs with Mojave, High Sierra and preinstalled NVme SSD with Windows

(ouf :D;))

Sometimes it is recommended to unplug the disk with Windows.
Thanks
I unplugged my windows SSD each time I tried to Install BS
Yes to all the questions above :)
Thanks

@salvatore.polito ciao Salvatore!
We got the same board, I’m having issues with audio. It works perfectly fine wherever, but when I do a phone call via my iPhone it goes kernel panic with some HDA Kexts related to coreaudiod process. It’s strange I can perfectly use onboard audio for everything but phone calls, this occurs only with Big Sur. Could you please check if your board causes the same issue? I’m on latest OC, Lilu and AppleALC and I use device property injection to insert layout id 7. Keep in mind I’m on 2002 bios, did u updated to the latest? In case I update, should I switch SSDT-RTC to the one built for latest bios? Where can I find it?

obviously everyone can contribute

i got another issue with DRMs in Netflix and Prime Video, but it seems a widespread issue even on real macs. Anyway I tried everything with my Radeon VII on MacPro7,1 and WEG on/off and shikigva 128 in device properties

HELP! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi, sorry for the delay. I had this issue on Beta 9, then on Beta 10 suddenly was fixed. Now after the "final" release of Big Sur this problem is back here!
Also, if I use my HDMI tv as audio output it works. We can report as a issues on AppleALC repository but honestly it may be fixed on the next release.

This is the first time in 5 or 6 years that a major release gives the idea to be in Alpha stage

Very fine and interesting that you will use 2 water blocked Radeon VII cards.
Keep me informed when all of your settings are working correctly.

I agree with you that Big Sur is more intrusive with personal datas.

There is a simple and free app called LuLu a firewall that aims to block unknown outgoing connections, protecting your privacy and your Mac ! :

View attachment 496067

( Thanks @Ellybz to point me this useful App)
Do you have the link for this as I Googled it and there is really no clear site for me to get this app. If you can help with this that would be great, thank you. If this works just as good, then (once again), you are the MAN! Thank you!

Anyone know how to enable "Extreme" option in macOS for on AppleALC? This is available under Windows for Realtek but not macOS. Probably needs driver level updates?

Hi izo1 - did you manage to get Big Sur installed on your Asus X299 Sage? If so, could you share your EFI?

Do you have the link for this as I Googled it and there is really no clear site for me to get this app. If you can help with this that would be great, thank you. If this works just as good, then (once again), you are the MAN! Thank you!

Version 2.0 works with Big Sur.
PS: @Loloflatsix is still the MAN! :)

Attachments

• LuLu_2.0.0.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
update to big sur and now not all the usbs work as before in catalina, is there a patch for the usbs?

I use clover 5126

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back