Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, more confused than ever. I tried to install Big Sur again on a new apfs container, and it's doing exactly the same as it was doing a few months ago:

After rebooting to complete the installation, it reboots right after graphics starts and you start seeing the progress bar. It then moves about 1cm, and poooof reboot.

I tried all the version and tweak of OC I had tried as I went with no luck.
So confused.

Seems that getting it to work this morning was a fluke. Somehow the graphic card got to initialise properly, and can't do it anymore.

OK, more confused than ever. I tried to install Big Sur again on a new apfs container, and it's doing exactly the same as it was doing a few months ago:

After rebooting to complete the installation, it reboots right after graphics starts and you start seeing the progress bar. It then moves about 1cm, and poooof reboot.

So confused.

Seems that getting it to work this morning was a fluke. Somehow the graphic card got to initialise properly, and can't do it anymore.
Does it restart immediately or after a few minutes ?

See here : #647

So confused.

Same as me #707
Have you reached this :
screenshot-2020-11-10-at-22-09-13-png.495131
?

Last edited:
I tested Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.23-b3 and now you can fully backup the system.

one more thing; There is a free status monitoring app written in SwiftUI;

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 14.43.45.png

Having similar issue to JY. Have tried installing on separate drive, and fresh install, all lead me to the same weird boot loop. Worth noting, on first reboot from the installer, I don’t see “Macintosh HD”, but rather “macOS Installer”, so I select that as it’s my only option. Video (sorry for any hand shake) is here.

After resetting NVRAM, I ran the installer as usual, at first reboot did the macOS Installer volume, played out like video above, fast time to reboot, selected macOS Installer again (still my only option), and now it seems like it’s trying to work through something more?
7E927AB9-F3F3-4A23-ACBC-61981294BF68.jpeg

After several busy timeout (240s) on SAT1, it proceeds to a GUI briefly, then reboots again. Only macOS Installer option still (this boot is fast but now back in the same state as the video).

Given the SAT1 timeout, I wonder if I need the Catalina SATA KEXT? The installer saw all of the drives, so maybe not?

After several busy timeout (240s) on SAT1, it proceeds to a GUI briefly, then reboots again. Only macOS Installer option still (this boot is fast but now back in the same state as the video).

Given the SAT1 timeout, I wonder if I need the Catalina SATA KEXT? The installer saw all of the drives, so maybe not?
SATA kext does not change things.

I saw your video and I suppose you made it at first reboot ? : at first on the GUI start screen you should have macOSinstaller and your Big Sur disk and you only have macOSinstaller : so there is something wrong , and Sata.kext is not the solution I agree.

I saw your video and I suppose you made it at first reboot ? : at first on the GUI start screen you should have macOSinstaller and your Big Sur disk and you only have macOSinstaller : so there is something wrong , and Sata.kext is not the solution I agree.
Correct, made at first reboot. Installer might be rebooting/crashing prematurely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back