Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I found a workaround, but needs some more test.
On my Asus X299-A Prime, disabling Serial Port in Bios -> Advanced -> Onboard Devices seems to fix the problem.
I rebooted 7 times yesterday and 3 times this morning. During night I unplug from the power outlet.
As for now I haven't got any black screen, usually I got a couple every 3-4 good reboot.e

Long story:
I read that others with the same issue have fixed by disabling Serial Port in bios. For what I remember on Catalina amend Mojave I had the Serial Port disabled but before upgrading to BigSur I decided to upgrade also the Bios and decide to leave Serial Port on since I thought it did not give any problem.
My first boot with this bios settings was okay! I will feedback you later!

Hello
I'm having Hard time to install Big SurI can boot the USB installer
  1. installer reboot (before finish?), "12 min remaining".
  2. I can boot the installer on SSD
  3. After the verbose the Apple and progress bar appear
  4. Back to verbose for a proper shutdown .... not a kernel panic
I can't go through the second step of "Reminder Big Sur installation process #65"
How Can I get some informations about the issue since it happens after the verbose ?

What I use :
  1. opencore 0.6.3
  2. Big Sur 11.0.1
  3. en-US language in the config.plist
I tried to get EFI folder as minimal as possible

@Loloflatsix
I tried your Asrock folder without success. So may be it's due to wrong UEFI settings.. could you share your Asrock X299 Legend UEFI settings ?

Any advice would be appreciated ;)

Attachments

• X299 AsRock Creator OC063 MacOS11.0.1.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hello
I'm having Hard time to install Big SurI can boot the USB installer
  1. installer reboot (before finish?), "12 min remaining".
  2. I can boot the installer on SSD
  3. After the verbose the Apple and progress bar appear
  4. Back to verbose for a proper shutdown .... not a kernel panic
I can't go through the second step of "Reminder Big Sur installation process #65"
How Can I get some informations about the issue since it happens after the verbose ?

What I use :
  1. opencore 0.6.3
  2. Big Sur 11.0.1
  3. en-US language in the config.plist
I tried to get EFI folder as minimal as possible

@Loloflatsix
I tried your Asrock folder without success. So may be it's due to wrong UEFI settings.. could you share your Asrock X299 Legend UEFI settings ?

Any advice would be appreciated ;)

I share my bios settings :

201109083048.jpg

(12 screen captures attached)

Attachments

• Asrock X299 SL bios Settings.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Last edited:
A few days ago we had Release Candidate 1

BS RC1.png

Last edited:
macOS Big Sur installation steps :

Reminder post #1 & post #2

1.1 / If you have a previous public beta installed launch directly install macOS Big Sur - Open Core 0.6.3 is required

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 23.44.53.png

1.2 / if you have not Big Sur installed, Boot the USB stick with install macOS Big Sur Open Core 0.6.3 is required, after you reach the installer , format your disk as "Big Sur"

2/ Select the disk "Big Sur"

3.1 / Wait during the installation process until your computer restart

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 22.03.12.png

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 22.09.13.png

3.2 / First reboot : IMPORTANT : at gui boot screen select Macintosh HD (not Big Sur) : the installation process will continue in verbose mode mode during about 4 or 5 minutes (lots of verbose pages ...)

IMG_1110.jpg

3.3 / Second reboot : at gui boot screen select Big Sur : installation process will continue with Apple Logo about 2 or 3 minutes the progress bar will be short

IMG_1123.JPG

3.4 / Third reboot : at gui boot screen select Big Sur : the installation first ends in verbose mode and after the log screen will appear: you are done

( Not tested on X299 build yet with USB installer only in my old H87 build but it must also work for our system)

Last edited:
Today after the event Apple macOS Big Sur came out :

Apple Event eng.jpg

So after months of trying beta versions the time, it's time now to install macOS Big Sur

macOS Big Su
r 11.0.1 (20B28) Release Candidate 2

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 22.21.22.png

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 01.43.25.png

Good luck, enjoy :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back