Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same card never used it been sitting for over a year. Do you think the same thing may have happened to the Titan Ridge v2, not TB vendor specific related issue. This is not good still under warranty?
I don't think with a single GPU and this problem occurs with Big Sur : maybe the next release will fix the problem...

11.0.20A5384c macOS Big Sur Beta
New public beta :

View attachment 490228

Available via software update .
Not yet installed, the notification arrived after installing Big Sur beta on my GA X299 Aorus UG Pro on Wednesday, Maybe I'll try it later.

This beta made my big sur experience a lot smoother. Everything is faster now.

My asus prime-a build is really stable on big sur
however @Loloflatsix , let me know if you manage to get rid of more ssdt’s since we have similar mobos.

Since i have a kid now, the long hours in front of my hack stripping down my efi is over. But i came a long way at least :)

This beta made my big sur experience a lot smoother. Everything is faster now.

My asus prime-a build is really stable on big sur
however @Loloflatsix , let me know if you manage to get rid of more ssdt’s since we have similar mobos.

Since i have a kid now, the long hours in front of my hack stripping down my efi is over. But i came a long way at least :)
Don't installed on Asus yet, but on my Gigabyte X299 I only use 3 SSDTs : 1/ EC-USBX, 2/ PLUG and 3/ SBUS-MCH
And I added DeviceProperties :

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.15.51.png

Last edited:
Don't installed on Asus yet, but on my Gigabyte X299 I only use 3 SSDTs : 1/ EC-USBX, 2/ PLUG and 3/ SBUS-MCH
And I added DeviceProperties :

View attachment 490357

You ported over the new modification to XHC to device properties? Curious as to how this looks porting all the data over to Device Properties, I may do the same thing right now they are SSDT. Is your latest EFI on github, I'll take a look.

You ported over the new modification to XHC to device properties? Curious as to how this looks porting all the data over to Device Properties, I may do the same thing right now they are SSDT. Is your latest EFI on github, I'll take a look.
No this EFI was made this week before Big Sur installation and DeviceProerties added on the fly with TextMate on config.plist

After switching to my Gigabyte X299 UD4 my entire build from Gigabyte X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming Pro (which is out of service) :

I can have scaled resolution on my both display screen.

But the problem of overheating remains but not so much as before : on Mojave, the bottom GPU is fewer hot.

I edited my previous post.

Last edited:
So how would the XHC look in Device Properties from the SSDT there is a lot going on in the SSDT, for example under scope for RP05 and RP07 we have:

Code:
    Scope (\_SB.PC00.RP05)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Scope (\_SB.PC00.RP07)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Then under the devices for XHC2/3/4 all the data following it including DTGP, how does one convert all that in the device properties?

Also KGB SSDT guide attached looks very informative but needs some extension of information such as how to handle the tree of PCI-Bridge as you did for the GFX. I had to do a similar thing you did with the GFX to the ARPT SSDT to get the ARPT to load correctly. No mention of this in his guide on how to handle this additional pci-bridge tree in ioreg.

Also interesting maybe we can also port USBPort.kext to device properties in OpenCore?

Attachments

• How to create or modify a simple System SSDT.aml by means of DSDT and IOREG ACPI information –...pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,075
Last edited:
@Loloflatsix

Could you help me change from clover to opencore, I'm very lost and I'm still using clover with the kgp guide

I have tried several times but I don't know how to do it

i use a 7900x with an asus tuf mark 1 and 5700xt

Thank you very much in advance

opencore configurator no open you config.plist of github

Hello
i'm trying to install BS
I succeed to boot the USB installer but the first start from the SSD quit and shutdown/restart
any ideas ?
thanks in advance

Attachments

• X299 AsRock Creator OC062 MacOS11.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back