Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I should take on some challenges to enable the native TB3 on Deluxe II with flashed firmware.

In my Asus Prime Deluxe Build I have a GC Titan Ridge , but I did not flashed the firmware , see also post #3 for the procedure.

Seems like I should take on some challenges to enable the native TB3 on Deluxe II with flashed firmware.
Yes and the X299 Prime Deluxe II comes with integrated 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports on rear IO, therefore the flashing should be done with care.

Last edited:
@Loloflatsix
It is very easy to verify if the properties of SSDT-USBX are loaded.

As mentioned by RehabMan & @balazs631, the only thing you need to do is reboot your PC after changing your parameters & once macOS is loaded, plug in an iPhone or iPad in with a USB cable to any of the XHCI, XHC2, XHC3, ports of your hackintosh and verify the following:

Open System Information app and choose the "USB" section from the left sidebar. Click on the iPhone or iPad in the list. If you can see all 4 lines you're all good !!! -
Current Available (mA):
Current Required (mA):
Extra Operating Current (mA):
Sleep current (mA):

Verified on my system as indicated by my screenshot below:
( New USB.kext is replacing the SSDT-USBX )

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.08.13.png

You can read more about USB Power injection in these threads

Similar story for the SSDT-CPUPLUG & verification of XCPM. Many threads are talking about it. Easy to find.

Last edited:
Upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 (Open Core 0.6.1) ON M2 drive and Big Sur Beta (Open Core 0.6.1) on SSD.
Both installations went without issues and very smoothly. Big Sur is a pleasure to use on my 42" Vizio.

Thanks to all the forum leaders!!!

I tried to keep up with this newer USB stuff and... I can't! Is it ok to stick with SSDTs? Is there a way to implement the new method for Prime X299-A for dummies? Thanks to everyone who keeps studyin to improve vanilla builds.

I get that but I don't see AppleBusPowerContoller off the EC and my friend showed me on a real iMacPro1,1 its off the EC. Mine is off IOresources, is that what others observe here? I am assuming our SSDT EC purpose is to add an _STA method to EC to change return code to 0 only and not to add a fake EC? There are two EC devices now in my Ioreg, EC0 with AppleACPIEC and EC with no AppleBusPowerController off EC but off IOresources instead.

Sorry a second question MSR 0x1AA I don't have MSRExtra enabled in OC on the latest Bios for some boards I read close to the beginning of this thread that even with the latest Bios, MSR 0x1AA can still locked, so my question, would I still able to boot without enabling MSRExtra in OC if this was still locked on my board Sage II? I am able to boot without this setting enabled and if its more involved than just a simple successful boot what do I need to look out for, random kernel panics or possibly unusual gpu artifacts?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.26.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.28.28 PM.png

Last edited:
I apologize for asking all these question and posting large screenshot but my next question if someone can help I want to try this RX5500XT SSDT posted by mattystonnie back a few months ago this is data is from a real mac and just want to figure out how to get this to load. I can see I need to change a few things adding additional DefinitionBlock external paths and modify the existing paths in External and Device path and have tried it just won't load. I think I also have to add a _STA method 0 for SL05 not sure why though. I am a bit confused on the SSDT from this thread lot of DATA in SSDT not sure where it comes from before the Method _DSM starting with Built in this is where I start to understand what is going on but the code before this the added methods OperationRegion and additional Device LCD, none of this to be found in my DSDT.

Would changing the paths removing his method starting with _PRW OSDW and replacing this method with DTGP make it load? Also the way the code is written he has a return package before loading AAPL,Slot-name rahter than using Method _DSM before the script Built-in starts.

I could try to load all the data in DeviceProperties but there is a huge amount of EFIBootmode data in the SSDT not sure how well this would sit in OC's DeviceProperties.

I attached the file if someone can give me some clues on what changes need to be made.

This is what seems to be in most of the SSDTs shared from this github

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "KGP", "X299R580", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A.PEGP, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PC02.BR2A.SL05, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PNLF.BSET, MethodObj)    // 1 Arguments
    External (BRTL, IntObj)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments
    External (EGPS, IntObj)

Scope (_SB.PC02.BR2A)
    {
        Scope (SL05)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Scope (PEGP)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Device (GFX0)

Versus the file I attached:

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "matty", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGP1, DeviceObj)
    External (OSDW, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments

Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGP1)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        Device (GFX0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                             // .
                    })
                }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    If (OSDW ())
                    {
                        Return (Package (0x02)
                        {
                            0x69,
                            0x03
                        })
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (Package (0x02)
                        {
                            0x69,
                            0x03
                        })
                    }
                }

Return (Package (0x16)
                {
                    "AAPL,slot-name",
                    Buffer (0x19)
                    {
                        "Slot-1@0,1,0/0,0/0,0/0,0"
                    },

"@0,ATY,EFIDisplay",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                        "DP1"
                    },

"ATY,EFIVersionB",
                    Buffer (0x0F)

Attachments

• SSDT-RX 5500 XT-Version 1.0.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 62
I tried to keep up with this newer USB stuff and... I can't! Is it ok to stick with SSDTs? Is there a way to implement the new method for Prime X299-A for dummies? Thanks to everyone who keeps studyin to improve vanilla builds.

Same for me. I'm currently using HackinTool's SSDT-UIAC.kext + USBPorts.kext

One more question. Since MacPro7,1 definition is out, we are better to stay on iMacPro1,1 or switch?

@pieropontra @salvatore.polito

If you wish to stay with the traditional way of USB injecting, it is obviously fine.
Pretty sure no one will curse you for that :p.
I understand that it can be a bit long or challenging to establish that new kext. Hopefully a new kext repository will be created at one point for every particular motherboard and you could just grab it.

@salvatore.polito
MacPro7,1 does not work with Earlier OS than catalina.
I use Mojave, Catalina & BS therefore the need for iMacPro1,1

Both SMBIOS are equally good.
However If You use Sidecar ( Not sure if it works well ), It does not work with iMacPro1,1.

Last edited:
Today I installed Big Sur on my Gigabyte X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming Pro build, the goal is to use Big Sur as long as possible to see if everything works as a future main system (but I actually have to switch sometime on Mojave due to lack of support for some apps and also 32 bit apps)

Thanks @Ellybz for the EFI X299 GA Big Sur shared here #72 , I managed installation with OC 6.0.2 with minor adjustments on the config.plist for my system.

Post #1 updated

Big Sur Volume Name : fixed with OC 6.0.2

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.40.55.png

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 00.01.18.png

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.15.51.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back