Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone have all the MacPro7,1 ACPI tables?

UPDATE MAJOR REVISION USB KEXT X299 :

As we handled the installation of Big Sur with OpenCore, we need to make some features and improvements on our system.

One of the important and redundant points is the XHC USB kext approach.

The goal has been given to a sophisticated approach, which can directly deliver the full XHC USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 functionality.

But I was not completely satisfy with the precedents but detailed and powerful approach.

For me some sections was missing and incomplete.

So after some research I managed to detail here my improvement. (thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction with their approach)

Explanation :

For Asus X299 Prime Deluxe Owners :

With previous SSDT and USB.kext the XHCI section with complet 20 ports or with truncated 15 ports was complet but before on IOReg und XHC3 , XHC4 and XHC5 ( with Titan Ridge add in card ) there were properties and ports count missing.

My goal is to add those respective properties and ports count on the USB.kext

First under XHC3 we have ASMedia ASM3142 N°2 2x USB 3.1 Type-A External :

In the kext we add:

View attachment 488763

And when the kext is loaded we have :

View attachment 488719

After under XHC4 we have ASMedia ASM3142 N°3 1x USB 3.1 Type-A / ASM1543 1x USB 3.1 Type-C External :

In the kext we add:

View attachment 488720

View attachment 488721

Under DBS2 / XHC5 ( Titan Ridge ) 0x15e98086 0x15ec8086 0x15f08086

In the kext we add:

View attachment 488727

View attachment 488724

Other section XHCI is untouched.

Voilà for my new approach and improvement.

Power management and wake after sleep is fully functional on my system.

I attach the respective kexts for iMacPro 1,1 and MacPro 7,1

Perhaps there are some other improvement so I 'll wait for you contructive feedback :thumbup:

Using this approach everyone can make their own USB.kext for other X299 Asus or X299 brand Gigabyte, Asrock, Msi and share it , I'll add on my Github.

NB : if someone use the ASMedia ASM3142 N° 1 1x USB 3.1 Type-C Internal header with its case wee can add under XHC2 as we did previously.
Yes!

Just to confirm, this is all valid for Catalina and Mojave and not just Big Sur?

The SSDT-UIAC and USB.kext work together when the USB ports and properties isn't present on the USB.kext then the SSDT-UIAC inject their properties.
But if the ports and properties are present in the USB.kext then you don't need SSDT-UIAC see my previous post #396

Your EC-USBX seems loaded according to your IOReg. ;)

But HAckentool places all the ports and properties including the Kusb Power Properties in the USBPort.kext, although I removed the KUSB properties from the USBPort.kext since its better to inject with the SSDT EC-USBX.aml.

This new Update you have for placing the kUSB properties in the kext is for the Apline Ridge TB card correct not needed for anything else just want to clarify this.

Anyone with a Asus 10g sage, I see this in my Sage II IOreg. I have HS01/02 and SS01/2 shared by RP05 and RP07 and this is not my 3rd party PCIe Inateck USB3 card its on PC01 in IOreg, and I am certain they are physical ports.

Edited:

They are my USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C ports in the front of the PC case that connector connects to the Motherboard near the SATA ports and the one on the Back Plate is also a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C Port so RP05 and RP07 accounted for but share the same physical ports? SS01 Port even used again further down where you see SS01 through SS06 if you look at the IOreg. Does that make sense what if I use them at the same time won't I get a conflict or since they are on different trees it won't?

Edited Again:

I proved to myself you can have the same port names as long as they are on different trees as you see in my IOreg and I was able to place a Kingston USB3 drive into all three USB ports that are labelled SS01 and they all work as they should. Sorry about this post I wasn't sure about this now I know.

Still would like to know your new post regarding adding kUSB properties was that for motherboards that will have an Alpine Ridge PCIe card? I don't have to do anything with my 3rd party card Inateck USB3 since it using a different driver it is not part of the USB port limit and not included in my USBPort.kext. All kUSB properties are all populated for all the ports on this external card, I have not had to do anything special in my USBPort.kext for this card.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 8.33.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 8.34.08 PM.png

Last edited:
I proved to myself you can have the same port names as long as they are on different trees as you see in my IOreg and I was able to place a Kingston USB3 drive into all three USB ports that are labelled SS01 and they all work as they should. Sorry about this post I wasn't sure about this now I know.

Still would like to know your new post regarding adding kUSB properties was that for motherboards that will have an Alpine Ridge PCIe card? I don't have to do anything with my 3rd party card Inateck USB3 since it using a different driver it is not part of the USB port limit and not included in my USBPort.kext. All kUSB properties are all populated for all the ports on this external card, I have not had to do anything special in my USBPort.kext for this card.

Glad to know you've researched your USB ports further.

Thanks for your feedback.

The SSDT-UIAC was originally developed and explained by RehabMan a great developer here #1 and in fact Hackintool did nothing invented and the other post I refered is here by Kgp another great guy #1 .

Hackintool is usefull but not infallible: they were errors on the enumeration on my system...

Well on your first screenshot your internal USB_C header is in XHC 2, but for me on, the interesting missing one is in the right side we can’t see...

We should add ports/properties under XHC2 section on USB.kext.

On your second screenshot : your PCIe Inateck USB3 card : we should add your own SSDT for it.
The XHC5 section from USB.kext is for Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge but can be adapted for other USB Pci devices like your Inateck USB3 card.

Please see my post above : the goal is to join two things in One kext.

Last edited:
Yes!

Just to confirm, this is all valid for Catalina and Mojave and not just Big Sur?
I tested on Catalina and Big Sur, but should works on Mojave.

NB : it is a first statement : I'm waiting for other guys to make their own kext with this approach and give their feedback.

If anything needs improvement, I will adjust.

Anyone knows if Asus Strix RX5600 XT would work oob?

I read somewhere that MSI (Navi) cards can have some issues in macos and that generally Sapphire branded are the best option, but I fond this strix new for 280€ and should have a (damn) good pcb and cooler.

Unfortunatly the used RX590 I buyed had a broken fan and I decided to pick a new card instead.

I read somewhere that MSI (Navi) cards can have some issues in macos and that generally Sapphire branded are the best option, but I fond this strix new for 280€ and should have a (damn) good pcb and cooler.

Unfortunatly the used RX590 I buyed had a broken fan and I decided to pick a new card instead.
I have MSI reference cooler 5700XT, working fine.

Usually reference card has the best compatibility. If no reference card available, then start with the one whose ports arrangement are identical to ref card. Also Sapphire usually has the best compatibility. Certain MSI and XFX does have some issues. But it all depends.

Loloflatsix

I was able to make the edits for the XHC2 and XHC3 leaving XHCI alone and not editing the extenral USB3.0 Inatech card yet, need help with that. The XHC won't load as XHC and I am missing a HS02 port in RP07? Also nothing to do with XHC with or without I noticed on my Inateck card one of of the USB3.0 ports loaded the USB3 flash drive under AppleUSB20XHCIPort instead of AppleUSB30XHCIPort? On the Inatech Internal 20 pin connector I have a Female 20 pin to 9 pin male USB header to plug into a NZXT USB2 Hub for more USB 9 pin male headers as you can see in screenshots of Inateck Ioreg.

Attached find my USBPort.kext with XHC mod incomplete for Inateck External PCIe USB3.0 card. Also included is a copy of my Ioreg before XHC modification and screenshot of the missing HS01 port with XHC mod in place and Screenshot of Inateck ioreg before XHC mod makes no difference with USB3 Kingston still loads under AppleUSB20XHCIPort with or without XHC mod.

Sorry about screenshots and attachments any help on completing the USBPort.kext would be greatly appreciated I am completely lost on what to do with the 3rd party Inateck card for the USB mod too much going on in IOreg for me to figure out HS and SS ports and NZXT USB2 Hub.

Missing HS02 Port with XHC mod

MIssing HS02 After XHC is loaded.png

Inateck Map inserted the USB3.0 Kingston into both rear ports see red sections

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 3.14.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 3.15.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 3.17.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 3.19.47 PM.png

Attachments

• osxfr33k’s iMac Pro_Before_XHC.ioreg.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 68
Loloflatsix

I was able to make the edits for the XHC2 and XHC3 leaving XHCI alone and not editing the extenral USB3.0 Inatech card yet, need help with that. The XHC won't load as XHC and I am missing a HS02 port in RP07? Also nothing to do with XHC with or without I noticed on my Inateck card one of of the USB3.0 ports loaded the USB3 flash drive under AppleUSB20XHCIPort instead of AppleUSB30XHCIPort? On the Inatech Internal 20 pin connector I have a Female 20 pin to 9 pin male USB header to plug into a NZXT Hub for more USB 9 pin male headers as you can see in screenshots.

Attached find my USBPort.kext with XHC mod incomplete for Inateck External PCIe USB3.0 card. Also included is a copy of my Ioreg before XHC modification and screenshot of the missing HS01 port with XHC mod in place and Screenshot of Inateck ioreg before XHC mod makes no difference with USB3 Kingston still loads under AppleUSB20XHCIPort with or without XHC mod.

Sorry about screenshots and attachments any help on completing the USBPort.kext would be greatly appreciated I am completely lost on what to do with the 3rd party Inateck card for the USB mod too much going on in IOreg for me to figure out HS and SS ports and NZXT USB2 Hub.

Missing HS02 Port with XHC mod

View attachment 488979

Inateck Map inserted the USB3.0 Kingston into both rear ports see red sections

View attachment 488984

View attachment 488986

View attachment 488987

View attachment 488988
Nice job ! :thumbup:
Thanks with your attached IOReg: let’s go to handle your SSDT for your Pcie Inatek USB 3 Card and in concordance with your USB.kext.
But tomorrow: a little work before ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back